Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I have just done my first ever infusion on an infusion altar: A brain in a jar. Not particularly exciting, but it was a tense moment for me. Thankfully, I had enough stabilizing candles to keep the mediocre instability in check.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
For a reactor, I suggest using a 7x7x3 with nine rods and filled with liquid ender(cryotheum works too, but I noticed slightly better performance with enderium).
For the turbine, use a 11x11x16 with 8 coils of enderium blocks and the fill the rest of the rotors with blades(each four long) and run it between 1753-1953 Millibuckets of steam per tick. Nets roughly 21000 RF/t.
This setup can also be used with low speed for lower yellorium consumption(in case you don't need full 22k and 11k~ is enough) by reducing to 868 mb/t and changing the control rods to a stable temp

Last edited:
Reactions: Wagon153

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 7x7x5 reactor with 5 rods and cryotheum doing 6.44KiRF/t at .082 mB/t consumption.

Took the same form factor and am using it to drive a 3 enderium coil turbine for 15.46KiRF/t at .106 mB/t consumption.

I don't have anything inside the actively cooled reactor, but I can put cryotheum or enderium in it too?

Update: Added liquid enderium to the actively cooled reactor. Was able to bring the temp way down while keeping steam where I needed it so now I'm looking at

15.46KiRF/t for .038 mB/t fuel consumption. I'm happy with that. Less than half the fuel rate of the passively cooled and over double the energy production. Worth the effort.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that I need a lot of redstone. So I am going to head back into the nether and hunt for more. Just to make it a bit easier, I'm going to make a silverwood staff and an equal trade wand focus. Don't want to run out of vis while in the nether...

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that I need a lot of redstone. So I am going to head back into the nether and hunt for more. Just to make it a bit easier, I'm going to make a silverwood staff and an equal trade wand focus. Don't want to run out of vis while in the nether...

Bring a flight potion would be a good idea :) with blood magic they are fairly easy to make and if you have lenghtening catalyst, they can last a long long time

celo747

Jul 29, 2019
Bring a flight potion would be a good idea :) with blood magic they are fairly easy to make and if you have lenghtening catalyst, they can last a long long time
i thought they where creative only and the only way to get them was reward bags/quests

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
i thought they where creative only and the only way to get them was reward bags/quests

Nope
Flask (made from 2000 lp and glass bottle) + weak binding agent + feather is a 2 mins flight

Then this flask + feather + lenghtening catalyst (any) will make it last longer

The catalyst require tier 3+ orb to do it but you can get some in reward bag

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
For a reactor, I suggest using a 7x7x3 with nine rods and filled with liquid ender(cryotheum works too, but I noticed slightly better performance with enderium).
For the turbine, use a 11x11x16 with 8 coils of enderium blocks and the fill the rest of the rotors with blades(each four long) and run it between 1753-1953 Millibuckets of steam per tick. Nets roughly 21000 RF/t.

If you make a 7x7x16 with 4 coils of enderium (32 blocks) and 10 rows of blades (80 blades) and set the flow to 1750 mb/t you can get that same 21000 rf/t for a lot less materials.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

If you can save up 500, you can complete the redstone liquid quest, which will give you 64 nether redstone ore. Pulverize that and you'll get 1536 back for over 1000 profit... Of course getting the initial 500 may take some time depending on your setup.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Iguna tweeks again?
Mattock, shovel head, axe head, tool rod, right?

I've got a flinkt shovel head, and can make a shovel. I've got a flint axe head, and can make the axe. But the mattock won't make.

Need I better materials, or is a tool with 3 functions just something that we can't have?
Needs to be metal. That is leftover from MF. Bug Jaded if you want it changed.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Nope
Flask (made from 2000 lp and glass bottle) + weak binding agent + feather is a 2 mins flight

Then this flask + feather + lenghtening catalyst (any) will make it last longer

The catalyst require tier 3+ orb to do it but you can get some in reward bag
The only real problem is that, if you want to get greater lengthening catalysts, you need a master blood orb. Now, making the t4 altar is not going to be hard, just tedious with making the slates for 24 blood orbs :/. The hard part will be the 40k LP needed to get the blood orb itself. I can get tons of chickens, but that's still a painful strategy. Just going over...250 per chicken, need a total of 40k, assuming 10k starting, I need 30k over the infusion process, which is...120 chickens, not counting any health I sacrifice myself. Arrow grinding, ho!

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be easier with 40 hearts from canisters, runes of self sacrifice, and regen from anything like oh, say, jaded bees?