Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Wait...quick question: Is there a chance for an alloy to be made if my smeltery immediately pumps metals into tanks? If so, then so be it, but if not, then why am I bothering with 2 smelteries?

Alloy is made instantly.
Casting takes time.
Melting down takes a little longer.
All items (seem) to take the same time to melt down.
So if you drain faster than you load, and don't throw an alloy mix in simultaneously...

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Alloy is made instantly.
Casting takes time.
Melting down takes a little longer.
All items (seem) to take the same time to melt down.
So if you drain faster than you load, and don't throw an alloy mix in simultaneously...
Alright. I guess I won't take any chances and just use 2 smelteries to guarantee a 100% alloyless smelting. If I need alloys, well, that's what induction furnaces are for.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You actually "can" get away with 1 smeltery with 9 different drains for extracting each of the metals as the metal would be instantly pumped out buttttt if enough of it ever melted down that the duct couldn't pull it all out at once and another metal that alloys with the aforementioned metal melted at the same time you'd get an alloy.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Whew. I finally managed to get a reasonable amount of automation going. I have pulverizers pulverizing cobblestone to gravel, 2 outputs of which go to AA's, a third going to another pulverizer which pulverizes the gravel to sand which is then fed to a cyclic assembler to use the apatite I've been gathering to make fertilizer which I can now use to fuel my fertilizer. If nothing else, the "Gather 10k toast" quest should go much more quickly now. As for dust, it gets sent to a 3'rd AA which gets sieved to dusts, thus giving me more items. 8 out of the 9 dusts get sent to the smelteries (Only pulverized tin had to end up as the odd one out. Sorry, I'll give you a chance eventually), which helps keep my smelteries going.
As a negative side effect, though, it looks even more of a mess than before. Plus, I had to do some rewiring for my itemducts.
29bhugl.png

Reactions: netmc

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Wow the intrumentum aspect points needed for the staff of primal sub-research is quite ridiculous, then the fact that even with the cheese strat of having frugal III enchant on your workbench wands foci still doesnt give you enough to actually make the sodding thing( with thaumium caps that is :/)
At least I have silver caps to tide me over until there comes to be way :p

Then again having a staff that can regen vis and has reduced vis costs on all aspects seems... a bit over the top XD

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Whew. I finally managed to get a reasonable amount of automation going. I have pulverizers pulverizing cobblestone to gravel, 2 outputs of which go to AA's, a third going to another pulverizer which pulverizes the gravel to sand which is then fed to a cyclic assembler to use the apatite I've been gathering to make fertilizer which I can now use to fuel my fertilizer. If nothing else, the "Gather 10k toast" quest should go much more quickly now. As for dust, it gets sent to a 3'rd AA which gets sieved to dusts, thus giving me more items. 8 out of the 9 dusts get sent to the smelteries (Only pulverized tin had to end up as the odd one out. Sorry, I'll give you a chance eventually), which helps keep my smelteries going.
As a negative side effect, though, it looks even more of a mess than before. Plus, I had to do some rewiring for my itemducts.
29bhugl.png

Gotta love the mess of wire :3

Just btw, you can make your toast out of potatoes if it fits better for you!

And good idea to use apatite :p i have stacks of it being useless...

Jul 29, 2019
Also, anyone know something than can destroy this thing in one? I want to make a new one with grinders rather than mob chute them.
gDErFc4.png

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, anyone know something than can destroy this thing in one? I want to make a new one with grinders rather than mob chute them.
gDErFc4.png

TiC hammer
Ender quarry then excavator

Another choice: get clouds (or cobweb) at the bottom and grind them up there (or even vine)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
gDErFc4.png

magnum torch and wait until they all despawn, the lusters can be used for a smaller radius

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
the only way I could see AM2 content going in, woudl be if important things could be gated behind them...

Like having to turn in full sets of the boss drops, or 100 orbs, before you could unlock a latter quest. be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: Bagman817

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
the only way I could see AM2 content going in, woudl be if important things could be gated behind them...

Like having to turn in full sets of the boss drops, or 100 orbs, before you could unlock a latter quest. be careful what you wish for.
This. Also, 2 magic systems are plenty, a 3rd wouldn't 'feel' right for such a focused pack.

Speaking of mods that could be added. Simply Jetpacks could see an appearance. It would be fairly easy to balance, I think. Either just make the final tier the only craftable one, or disable crafting them altogether, and make it a quest reward somewhere mid-gameish. And don't be all "You can't have a jetpack on a skyblock map! Blasphemy!" I got a Thaumostatic Harness in a reward back like 30 minutes into the map :p

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Update to 2.1.3. It is now in the pack.
I would recommend holding off on updating until a recommended version. 2.1.3 is a difficult update to navigate without issue for those that are not technically minded and dangerous for anyone without a world backup.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend holding off on updating until a recommended version. 2.1.3 is a difficult update to navigate without issue for those that are not technically minded and dangerous for anyone without a world backup.
I forget that backing up isn't standard practice sometimes. All the people that I know personally who play modded MC back up.

On a completely unrelated note, I am starting to organize the posts so far into the OP. SO MANY PAGES.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I put a liqui crafting thingy onto my AE network to process Water Buckets into the Fresh Water for Pam's Harvest Craft. I then set it the task to create 1000 Spaghetti and Meatballs. However, despite there being adequate water in the system, looking at the crafting, there is a notable pause during the crafting process. It's not the creation of the beef steak, as I was manually making some in some other furnaces, so there is an abundance. I didn't have this lag when I was creating the Bacon Mushroom Burgers so I assume that it's from the liqui crafting thingy.

During the pause, there is nothing showing up as missing materials, and nothing in the currently crafting section indicates that that it is waiting on a machine to finish processing something.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?