Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably power my laser drill as well, but I'm worried that the precharger would use too much of my energy that my magmatic dynamos are producing, thus getting in the way of powering my other devices.

Each pre-charger will drain a max of 2500 rf per tick. If you want to limit this, you can place an energy cell as a buffer between your power network and the pre-charger and set the max input to a lower value to keep it from robbing the rest of your power system. It will of course run slower, but it will run constantly without having to check on things.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
So...I just tried to make the 16M storage...probably not even half finished, and I'm already out ~2500 redstone. Geez. I wasn't even worried about the redstone, I was worried if I had enough diamonds...fortunately, my laser drill had gotten me some redstone ore I hadn't processed yet (already turned in the nether redstone for the quest), so I've got enough for normal operations....going to be a while before I can finish the stupid thing, though.

That reminds me. I got a good reward from a bag. 3 stacks of nether redstone ore. At 24/block through a pulveriser, that gives me about 4,600 redstone.

I think that's a good reward.

I tried doing that 16M storage unit before, and yes, it surprised me when I ran out of redstone. I think I had a few thousand, so I'm holding off for the time being.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Each pre-charger will drain a max of 2500 rf per tick. If you want to limit this, you can place an energy cell as a buffer between your power network and the pre-charger and set the max input to a lower value to keep it from robbing the rest of your power system. It will of course run slower, but it will run constantly without having to check on things.
Would the fact that I'm using leadstone also be somewhat of a buffer, as it only lets 50 RF/tick through, or is it still going to cause my energy supply to drain fast?
And any suggestions on what else I can use to power my machines other than magmatics? They're good for the moment, but I might need something more for the laser drill alone.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Would the fact that I'm using leadstone also be somewhat of a buffer, as it only lets 50 RF/tick through, or is it still going to cause my energy supply to drain fast?
And any suggestions on what else I can use to power my machines other than magmatics? They're good for the moment, but I might need something more for the laser drill alone.

Build a Big Reactor, I've got a good sized one now that is producing something insane like 5k RF/t, I can actually turn it on and off due to the fact that it produces more than I need. I've got 3 Resonant Energy Cells, so I can leave it off for a while. I'm actually going to increase my storage for energy because I can.

For information on Big Reactor, what this video

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to say it, but optifine does fix the lag. It introduces a few rendering bugs, but walking around is smooth again. Most of the rendering issues I see are hidden lava layers (in dynamos for the glow) and JABBA barrels.
And multi-core processing/rendering, probably the most important one.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Build a Big Reactor, I've got a good sized one now that is producing something insane like 5k RF/t, I can actually turn it on and off due to the fact that it produces more than I need. I've got 3 Resonant Energy Cells, so I can leave it off for a while. I'm actually going to increase my storage for energy because I can.

For information on Big Reactor, what this video

Yeah, I finally stopped being lazy and built a big reactor (to go along with my steam dynamos, magmatic dynamos, compression dynamos, reactant dynamos and biofuel generators...I felt like playing with a bunch of different power sources...) and it's putting out 5k a tick, solely powering my laser drill. I need to make it bigger now that I have the resources (or switch to a turbine, but I don't have the cyanite for that yet.)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, using different energy conduits can limit how much they draw. Leadstone is 80 rf/t and hardened is 400 rf/t and redstone is 10k rf/t per connection. So even though they are not as customizable as an energy cell's interface, you can for instance feed 240 rf/t into a single pre-charger by running leadstone to it then connecting 3 faces to your network. If you have plenty of redstone laying around, you can look into Heated Redstone generators, they generate 160 rf/t using redstone dust and lava or 320 rf/t using destabilized redstone. Getting into Big Reactors sooner than later is always beneficial. You can make a 3x3x3 pretty cheaply and I believe even at that size it will generate something like 300-400 rf/t and you will be producing the materials that you will need for a steam turbine later which as you scale up reactors and turbines they become exponentially efficient.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Big Reactors is propably the go to energy source. My one is a 7×7×9 Ender cooled outputting a crazy 16k RF per tick. I am already forced to output using two redstone energy conduits because one can only transmit 10k per tick :D feeding my laser drill. Its going crazy.
Also changed the configs so laser drill prechargers can accept more RF per tick.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8160 mit Tapatalk

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'm going to have to stop just playing around in my world and get busy. :( I'm still running just 6 dynamos for everything.

After seeing rednet in use in the Let's see some bases thread, I decided to set up a set of doors using it. One hidden pressure plate triggers both doors from the center room, and each side has its own pressure plate that only triggers the appropriate door. Spent way too long tonight figuring out all the VAR numbers and fanouts and ORs to make it all work. SR latches for the win! :D

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a dumb question, but do skulls other than wither skeleton skulls count for stability for infusion crafting? I've only got 22 wither skulls, but I've got over a stack each of skeleton/creeper/zombie heads, and almost a stack of blaze heads from killing mobs to fill up wands (I've got 24 nodes from reward bags, but since I'm not sure where exactly I want to set up my thaumcraft stuff, I don't want to place them yet.)

Also, just something I really like and haven't seen anyone mention, Extra Cells has a ME disk called block storage that's just a 1k disk + a chest. It'll only hold 1 type of item, but it'll hold as much as a 64k drive. I set up my ME system with a block storage for gravel/dust/sand and the stuff I get from sieving (not the ore bits, I've got disks for each ingot type). I used to do the whole barrel room thing (I had one with 150+ barrels at one point in a Resonant Rise world) but I've gotten really fond of just having a massive array of disk drives capable of holding tons of stuff in a relatively small space. It uses a decent bit of energy (I'm using ~425 rf/t for my ME system, with a 5X5X5 MAC) but energy isn't really a problem (I've got a resonant energy cell powering my system, being fed from 3 biofuel generators fed by a bioreactor with 9 types in it. It's enough to run a bit more than 6 biofuel generators, the other 3 are powering my Induction smelters for my ore processing. I have lots of rich slag to triple those precious nether ores, it requires less power than pulverizer/furnace set ups, and avoids the lag and spider's web of tubes from smelteries. I did almost run out of sand when I was processing my backlog of ores, though...5k+ ingots of everything except shiny, only got 2k of that. :) )

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, though it would be hard to compare biofuel/ethanol to yellorium in terms of availability, do realize that a 36 HP boiler can produce 1440 RF/tick, and is a 3x3x5 block.

I guess it's about even, space and energy wise. Though the space requirements to produce that biofuel might be the offsetting factor.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, though it would be hard to compare biofuel/ethanol to yellorium in terms of availability, do realize that a 36 HP boiler can produce 1440 RF/tick, and is a 3x3x5 block.

I guess it's about even, space and energy wise. Though the space requirements to produce that biofuel might be the offsetting factor.

A boiler is also - if its water supply is not in the same chunk, and/or chunkloaded - essentially guaranteed to blow up. Not that is matters as RC isn't in AgS.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just started on the forestry stained glass part of the purple madness,,, Is there any way to automate it? I know I'll have to input 100 casting thingies on my own, but is there any way to get the glass out automatically? An import buss doesn't work :(

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
deep dark is disabled, end is a void world with just a 5x5 of obsidian platform and the dragon to welcome you

no other mods add a dimension

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
If the end is a void world, and you kill the dragon, where does the exit portal spawn? at y=0?
either there some fixed y or at the height of the dragon at death

eitherway if you want to not fall grab some flight potions and some endstone and a builders wand (which doesn't get destroyed by the dragon)

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019

Well, were this not Agrarian Skies, I'd not bother with anything other than a Big Reactor, beyond my initial power system and spot demands. The only reason I bothered with biofuel (beyond the quest) was that it seemed like an easy way to self-sustain my squid rancher. When I saw how much it was producing and needed something to power my AE system, it seemed like a logical choice since I had three drums & two resonant tanks of biofuel that I thought I would use for my compression dynamo (which has been running for several days now off of a resonant tank of liquifacted coal, so no need for biofuel.)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Before I head off into the gym, I have a quick question to ask: Where am I to find yellorium ingots? Is the only place to find them with the laser drill? If so, then is there a way to increase the chance of finding it, or is it just up to the RNG gods for benevolent malevolent they feel?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Before I head off into the gym, I have a quick question to ask: Where am I to find yellorium ingots? Is the only place to find them with the laser drill? If so, then is there a way to increase the chance of finding it, or is it just up to the RNG gods for benevolent malevolent they feel?
You can craft it
I think it involves sulfur and pulverised coal