Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft it
I think it involves sulfur and pulverised coal
Pulverised tin, not coal ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1399374644][/DOUBLEPOST]
Before I head off into the gym, I have a quick question to ask: Where am I to find yellorium ingots? Is the only place to find them with the laser drill? If so, then is there a way to increase the chance of finding it, or is it just up to the RNG gods for benevolent malevolent they feel?
As a sidenote, Sulfor is not that hard to get.
Get some Invar Armor, 1-2 magnum torches, a flight potion and either a silk touch pick or a wand with equal trade if you have it.

I was in the nether for 15 minutes with a wand with equal trade, and ended up having 89 stacks of sulfur after i pulverised the ore

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably power my laser drill as well, but I'm worried that the precharger would use too much of my energy that my magmatic dynamos are producing, thus getting in the way of powering my other devices.

The simplest solution is to give its own energy system. Most of us have mob traps running which makes reactant dynamos an obvious choice for this task. I've got 24 reactants and one precharger going. It isn't the fastest laser drill in the world but it is getting most of the nether ores I need for that ore quest. Fingers crossed it spits out a nether iridium at some point.

Quick and dirty laser drill, nerd pole up to 128+, make your platform, create a warp page to it, lay out your engines, tesseract in the gunpowder and mob essence, boom, you're done.
MXKtM4N.jpg

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Pulverised tin, not coal ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1399374644][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a sidenote, Sulfor is not that hard to get.
Get some Invar Armor, 1-2 magnum torches, a flight potion and either a silk touch pick or a wand with equal trade if you have it.

I was in the nether for 15 minutes with a wand with equal trade, and ended up having 89 stacks of sulfur after i pulverised the ore
You can craft it
I think it involves sulfur and pulverised coal
Oh, okay. That's nice to know. I did the nether ore quest the hard way: By actually heading into the nether. Flight potions are really awesome, though I'm down to my last 2 doses. I really need to get into blood magic so I can craft more...
Haven't gotten to the wand of equal trade...
As for sulfur, well, I guess it's really abundant in the nether, so...
Finally, yay, a use for pulverized tin that got singled out of my smelteries!

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone point me in the direction of how to make the chunkloaders active while we are off of the server? I have looked at the config, and I am obviously an idiot. . . .I am unable to figure out what I need to change.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about big reactors

I am currently running a 5*6*6 reactor cooled with water and it ouputs 6.1k rf/t but obvioisly, I consume more then that
Anyone knows an easy way to bump that to around 7.5k rf/t then around 14k rf/t? I can change water for liquid ender easely (might have difficulty with gelid thingy)

Also, if you spawn a blaze in a snowy biome, do you get a blizz? Or you absolutly need to get them to spawn naturaly with snow and ice?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

I am currently running a 5*6*6 reactor cooled with water and it ouputs 6.1k rf/t but obvioisly, I consume more then that
Anyone knows an easy way to bump that to around 7.5k rf/t then around 14k rf/t? I can change water for liquid ender easely (might have difficulty with gelid thingy)

Also, if you spawn a blaze in a snowy biome, do you get a blizz? Or you absolutly need to get them to spawn naturaly with snow and ice?

I guess a rule of thumb is, assuming you can arrange it so it is sufficiently cooled, each fuel rod block contributes about ~500RF/t.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I guess a rule of thumb is, assuming you can arrange it so it is sufficiently cooled, each fuel rod block contributes about ~500RF/t.

Ok thanks
I guess i need to change my coolant (or use external coolant?) since i have rods at about 270 each

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Water is pretty much useless as a coolant. Barely better than nothing(air). With resonant ender and destabilized redstone, you only need source blocks on the top layer as flowing blocks cool any rods they are touching just as well as source blocks. With gelid cryotheum, you will need to fill the entire chamber as it flows to the next lower block if nothing is below the source block. I would go with resonant ender if you have enough. How many control rods are you using? If you don't have enough ender pearls, you can go with destabilized redstone as it is almost as good as ender and 90% as good as gelid. Either way, all 3 of these options will most likely double or even triple your output versus water or air cooled. In a pinch, you can use iron, gold, emerald and diamond blocks to fill the spaces in the interior of the reactor. Depending on layout, they can double output. Mineral.Ore blocks have to fill all air spaces in the reactor to be effective.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks
I guess i need to change my coolant (or use external coolant?) since i have rods at about 270 each

Water is not a good coolant. In AgS, capturing an enderman in a spawner means that resonant ender is actually an easy, and remarkably good, coolant to use.

In addition to 500RF/t per fuel rod block in the design the other performance target you want to exceed in an AgS Big Reactor is to get a fuel effiency of at least 60kiRF/mb. (not becuase, with a laser, you arn't going to be drowning in fuel anyway, but it is a matter of pride :p)

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks

Using a coolant port will switch your reactor from power to steam mode and will require a steam turbine to generate power which requires the waste material from a reactor that has been running a while.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Water is not a good coolant. In AgS, capturing an enderman in a spawner means that resonant ender is actually an easy, and remarkably good, coolant to use.

Ok i will use ressonant ender :)

Water is pretty much useless as a coolant. Barely better than nothing(air). With resonant ender and destabilized redstone, you only need source blocks on the top layer as flowing blocks cool any rods they are touching. With gelid cryotheum, you will need to fill the entire chamber as it flows to the next lower block if nothing is below the source block. I would go with resonant ender if you have enough. How many control rods are you using? If you don't have enough ender pearls, you can go with destabilized redstone as it is almost as good as ender and 90% as good as gelid. Either way, all 3 of these options will most likely double or even triple your output versus water or air cooled. In a pinch, you can use iron, gold, emerald and diamond blocks to fill the spaces in the interior of the reactor. Depending on layout, they can double output. Mineral blocks have to fill all air spaces in the reactor to be effective.

Have 6 control rod for 24 rod total

I have like 1k ender pearls i will get that for cooling, i hope for around 11-12k?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone in a Stone Barrel full of land (uses 1 bucket)

Sandstone in a Fluid Transposer full of Resonant Ender (uses 1 pearl of fluid)
I prefer pouring molten ender out of a smeltery onto obsidian. 5 end stone per pearl that way. Not sure how to automate it, however, but doing the 1000 end stone should eat up some of the time I'll need to stand around waiting for dirt and cobblestone.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

I have like 1k ender pearls i will get that for cooling, i hope for around 11-12k?

What is the layout? Does each rod have 3-4 empty spaces touching it? For best results, you want the rods close but not touching. So with 6 rods, you should have 14 empty spaces per layer. That would be 14 buckets or 56 ender pearls and if you have 1000, you have plenty. Like I said depending on layout, you can increase output 2-3 times versus air/water. As long as most of the rods have 4 sides touching coolant you should be good to go.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
max height on those big reactors is 48, width 32 length 32. a 5 fuel rod tower x centered in a 7x7x7(25 fuel rods) will output around 12k/tick when full of fuel(affects output!) and using cryotheum coolant(have two of these).

for reference the 7x7x48 cryotheum cooled 5 rod stack reactor i have is churning out just about 105k rf/tick (11 power ports needed for re-conduit) at 1.285mb/t.(46 rods per stack x 5)

dunno about turnover on the turbines, for the foreseeable future i think expanding out towards a 32x32x48 reactors 800krf/tick or so would beat out giant spinny thing on performance, and even i am hard pressed to envision a need, real or imagined for more than 1 million rf/tick.

also finding that more laser drills with less prechargers is improving overall throughput. have 20 in 4 banks of 5 drills with 2 prechargers each. from screwing around with it, it feels like having more prechargers is just eating additional power for almost exactly the same throughput when i have them above y 128.

several hundred thousand drill pulled ores, and the only nether iridium i've seen came out of a bag. starting to think the netherores config to force enable if macerator or furnace recipe found only is overruling the iridium forced = true, that or it is flat out disabled from the laser drill.

also to the guy who noticed the me block container. guess what. if you take that storage cell and right click with it in the world, it should place the block of the type stored. it was meant as a building aid to enable placing and carrying one block type en masse. it has modes too. otherwise using it just as storage in system you are just wasting resources vs a 1k drive itself(which you can format to only take one itemtype) or the adjustable storage(which can be configured to store more or less item types).

edit: rod layout ascii art.

W W W W W W W
W C C C C C W
W C R C R C W
W C C R C C W
W C R C R C W
W C C C C C W
W W W W W W W

w= wall, C= coolant liquid R = fuel rod. top down. the basic 5 rod stack for a 7x7 footprint.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I prefer pouring molten ender out of a smeltery onto obsidian. 5 end stone per pearl that way. Not sure how to automate it, however, but doing the 1000 end stone should eat up some of the time I'll need to stand around waiting for dirt and cobblestone.

the MFR redstone controller with a square wave

fluiduct set to redstone high in casting basin filled by hopper with obsidian and then let ender flow until full then turn off and pull out after solidified and replace obsidian and turn ender back on

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Is it 5x6x6 interior or exterior? If it is exterior, i am assuming your layout is

sqphy8.jpg

In case that is the layout, you will only need 6 buckets of resonant ender.