Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
People who don't understand the delicacy of their world, and that in an instant they can lose 50+ hours of work.

Meh.[DOUBLEPOST=1399325050][/DOUBLEPOST]
Last night I put a liqui crafting thingy onto my AE network to process Water Buckets into the Fresh Water for Pam's Harvest Craft. I then set it the task to create 1000 Spaghetti and Meatballs. However, despite there being adequate water in the system, looking at the crafting, there is a notable pause during the crafting process. It's not the creation of the beef steak, as I was manually making some in some other furnaces, so there is an abundance. I didn't have this lag when I was creating the Bacon Mushroom Burgers so I assume that it's from the liqui crafting thingy.

During the pause, there is nothing showing up as missing materials, and nothing in the currently crafting section indicates that that it is waiting on a machine to finish processing something.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

How big is your MAC? Every processor increases the actions per tick, your AE system is capable of doing.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I put a liqui crafting thingy onto my AE network to process Water Buckets into the Fresh Water for Pam's Harvest Craft. I then set it the task to create 1000 Spaghetti and Meatballs. However, despite there being adequate water in the system, looking at the crafting, there is a notable pause during the crafting process. It's not the creation of the beef steak, as I was manually making some in some other furnaces, so there is an abundance. I didn't have this lag when I was creating the Bacon Mushroom Burgers so I assume that it's from the liqui crafting thingy.

During the pause, there is nothing showing up as missing materials, and nothing in the currently crafting section indicates that that it is waiting on a machine to finish processing something.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
It has to do with it having to do the whole circle of I need water, then I need to use it to craft.
Basically it goes in between the two recipes and it causes slowdown. Try making 1024 water and then using them i the liquicrafter and it should be alot faster.
As well as the liquid chamber basically being its own mini MAC with no speed upgrades

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
How big is your MAC? Every processor increases the actions per tick, your AE system is capable of doing.

My MAC is 5x5x5 and it contains 18 CPU's, so I don't think that is an issue.

It has to do with it having to do the whole circle of I need water, then I need to use it to craft.
Basically it goes in between the two recipes and it causes slowdown. Try making 1024 water and then using them i the liquicrafter and it should be alot faster.
As well as the liquid chamber basically being its own mini MAC with no speed upgrades

Not sure I follow you here, when you say make 1024 water, do you mean submit a request to create 1024 fresh water? I'm only storing a limited amount of water in the AE which is done in a Mariculture tank connected to a fluid bus holding 16 buckets, but it's connected to about 8 aqueous accumulators, so it shouldn't have any supply issues. Also, when you say liquicrafter, are you talking about the MFR one? or the one for Extra Cells? This is an Extra Cells one.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
So, Shneekey, what is your grand solution for fixing the problem of High Ovens unable to melt down the single broken ores? (Or similar)
Not Shneekey, but spent some time thinking this over.
There are a pretty sizable number of autocrafting options. You'll want to get a handle on things like Cyclic Assemblers, Liquicrafter, et cetera anyway eventually. For this particular situation, though, it's pretty much exactly what MACs do best. A simple 3x3x3 MAC can store every one of the necessary patterns, and keep up with the output from nine Autonomous Activators. Once you have that infrastructure, it's pretty trivial to run Gravel and Sand through a Pulverizer to optimize output. If you're running any of the versions that block Pulverizers from breaking down ores, it only takes one more ME Interface and another pair of Autonomous Activators to handle the hammering.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a minor set back with the OP update. I have learned not to watch videos with jump scares while I edit posts and to type up long posts in text documents that I save periodically in the event that I do something stupid, like reflexively kick when something scares the crap out of me and inadvertently unplug my computer. I will work on this tomorrow when I am less frustrated with myself.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
My MAC is 5x5x5 and it contains 18 CPU's, so I don't think that is an issue.

Not sure I follow you here, when you say make 1024 water, do you mean submit a request to create 1024 fresh water? I'm only storing a limited amount of water in the AE which is done in a Mariculture tank connected to a fluid bus holding 16 buckets, but it's connected to about 8 aqueous accumulators, so it shouldn't have any supply issues. Also, when you say liquicrafter, are you talking about the MFR one? or the one for Extra Cells? This is an Extra Cells one.
I meant the liquid crafting chamber from AE, its that water supply is not an issue... rather its that the liquid crafting chamber has a certain craft rate that isn't boosted by your MAC regardless of its size.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I would recommend holding off on updating until a recommended version. 2.1.3 is a difficult update to navigate without issue for those that are not technically minded and dangerous for anyone without a world backup.
I agree on the holding off untill it becomes recommended as I have heard a few stories of players losing their worlds on updating to 2.1.3 while others update fine with no problems. Not sure what causing it as I have not updated myself to check. I think i'll wait this one out.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...I've replaced parts in tools before, but I've finally got some manyullyn, and I was trying to replace the blade and plate in my cleaver (the cleaver is currently 100% alumite) and I can't seem to do it. The tool is 100% repaired (it has moss on it and it's been a long time since I killed anything by hand), doesn't have any modifiers available (shouldn't be an issue, should it?) and I was able to upgrade my pick from alumite to cobalt just a second ago.

Anyone have any thoughts? (On 2.1.3, btw)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So...I've replaced parts in tools before, but I've finally got some manyullyn, and I was trying to replace the blade and plate in my cleaver (the cleaver is currently 100% alumite) and I can't seem to do it. The tool is 100% repaired (it has moss on it and it's been a long time since I killed anything by hand), doesn't have any modifiers available (shouldn't be an issue, should it?) and I was able to upgrade my pick from alumite to cobalt just a second ago.

Anyone have any thoughts? (On 2.1.3, btw)
Does it have thaumium as any of the parts?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Does it have thaumium as any of the parts?
Nope, as I said, it's currently made entirely out of alumite. It does have some weirdness going on with the abilities it got from leveling up. It has smite listed twice (one at 0/72, the other at 72/144...I upgraded what it got automatically with additional consecrated soil) and it also has quartz listed at 40/80 (it wouldn't let me put any more on.)

If I had any thaumium (haven't really touched thaumcraft yet) I'd be tempted to just make a new one (though I got reasonably lucky in that I didn't get any terrible modifiers on the one I currently have.)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
My world has started to lag. My fps is still good, but it is just very sluggish while walking. It's like when I start to walk, everything kinda stutters, catches up with itself, and correct halfway through to the next block, then it does it all again. I had tried lower the render distance, but of course my whole base is within normal rendering distance. I'm not sure if it is all the pipes, microblocks, or just the sheer number of tile entities in the world. Switching to fast graphics does help a bit. Changing the smooth lighting had no effect. Any ideas? I'm thinking I will have to tear out all my item ducts and fluiducts, and switch to AE almost entirely.

As a side note, I tried upgrading to the latest 2.1.3 version, and I assume there are steelworks issues, as my high oven refused to function and a short time later the world just closed and now closes immediately upon launch. I rolled back to pre-upgrade and am back on 2.1.2 working fine other than the sluggishness.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
My world has started to lag. My fps is still good, but it is just very sluggish while walking. It's like when I start to walk, everything kinda stutters, catches up with itself, and correct halfway through to the next block, then it does it all again. I had tried lower the render distance, but of course my whole base is within normal rendering distance. I'm not sure if it is all the pipes, microblocks, or just the sheer number of tile entities in the world. Switching to fast graphics does help a bit. Changing the smooth lighting had no effect. Any ideas? I'm thinking I will have to tear out all my item ducts and fluiducts, and switch to AE almost entirely.

As a side note, I tried upgrading to the latest 2.1.3 version, and I assume there are steelworks issues, as my high oven refused to function and a short time later the world just closed and now closes immediately upon launch. I rolled back to pre-upgrade and am back on 2.1.2 working fine other than the sluggishness.

Make sure you are not in "Cinematic" mode. I think it is F8.

If you think you have a "Stuffed" pipe problem, you can try manually adding the PGobbler mod http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/pgobbler/

If that is your problem, then replacing TE ducts with ME wires can help a lot. Or you can try to find problem areas in your duct network and add a trash can with a duct set to "dense" mode or add a loop back to your storage or to a Deep Storage container also set to dense mode.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine. Dat 200 FPS.

I hate to say it, but optifine does fix the lag. It introduces a few rendering bugs, but walking around is smooth again. Most of the rendering issues I see are hidden lava layers (in dynamos for the glow) and JABBA barrels.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I hate to say it, but optifine does fix the lag. It introduces a few rendering bugs, but walking around is smooth again. Most of the rendering issues I see are hidden lava layers (in dynamos for the glow) and JABBA barrels.
The lava thing usually also happens with smeltery tanks and the like.

Ironic optifine goes from being "make it prettier" to "Make it run better but uglier"

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...I just tried to make the 16M storage...probably not even half finished, and I'm already out ~2500 redstone. Geez. I wasn't even worried about the redstone, I was worried if I had enough diamonds...fortunately, my laser drill had gotten me some redstone ore I hadn't processed yet (already turned in the nether redstone for the quest), so I've got enough for normal operations....going to be a while before I can finish the stupid thing, though.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So...I just tried to make the 16M storage...probably not even half finished, and I'm already out ~2500 redstone. Geez. I wasn't even worried about the redstone, I was worried if I had enough diamonds...fortunately, my laser drill had gotten me some redstone ore I hadn't processed yet (already turned in the nether redstone for the quest), so I've got enough for normal operations....going to be a while before I can finish the stupid thing, though.
I should probably power my laser drill as well, but I'm worried that the precharger would use too much of my energy that my magmatic dynamos are producing, thus getting in the way of powering my other devices.