Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
When completing a quest, why is there an option to select a loot bag for the reward? I get why there are sometimes a couple of options and one may be a reward bag, but why offer two with the choice between them? Is that a feature for Multi Player? I would have thought though that Reward Bags are calculated when you open them, or have them allocated, so why offer more than one?

Also, what did people select for the slime hording reward? There is a King Slime spawn egg, but I can't see the point of it? Or really anything in the optional rewards for that quest (from memory, the other options were the slime channel, or the bounce pads).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
When completing a quest, why is there an option to select a loot bag for the reward? I get why there are sometimes a couple of options and one may be a reward bag, but why offer two with the choice between them? Is that a feature for Multi Player? I would have thought though that Reward Bags are calculated when you open them, or have them allocated, so why offer more than one?

Also, what did people select for the slime hording reward? There is a King Slime spawn egg, but I can't see the point of it? Or really anything in the optional rewards for that quest (from memory, the other options were the slime channel, or the bounce pads).
They can be different grades of rewards bag

Whilst the actual loot is calculated from a loot table when you open them, before you open them they're assigned a grade which then allocates a loot table to use.

If you notice when you get the loot bag, it will have "Basic" "Good" or something like that on it (That is calculated beforehand)

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
They can be different grades of rewards bag

Whilst the actual loot is calculated from a loot table when you open them, before you open them they're assigned a grade which then allocates a loot table to use.

If you notice when you get the loot bag, it will have "Basic" "Good" or something like that on it (That is calculated beforehand)

So there's an element of luck in picking a bag as well. That's a little bit frustrating. Mind you reward bags a hit and miss anyway.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know, something I find amusing:

At the beginning of the map, I was subsisting on cooked silkworms and other bugs, with the occasional windfall of jerky as a more palatable meal. Now my AE system is my own fast food restraunt, cranking out as many Deluxe Meals as I care to request.

The liquid crafter doesn't have to be IN your MAC (despite requiring the pattern provider to make), just attached anywhere. It'll take up to 9 patterns that use liquids in the AE system. I would *strongly* suggest making one Water -> 4 fresh water, then using fresh water in all of your water requiring recipes to avoid a bug that will eat things like pots.

Also, don't forget the squeezer that can turn soybeans into tofu and soy milk. Soy milk is a substitute for regular milk, and tofu is a substitute for any egg or meat. This means even if you can't get cows, you can still get your cheeseburgers.

Reactions: Bagman817

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
You know, something I find amusing:

At the beginning of the map, I was subsisting on cooked silkworms and other bugs, with the occasional windfall of jerky as a more palatable meal. Now my AE system is my own fast food restraunt, cranking out as many Deluxe Meals as I care to request.

The liquid crafter doesn't have to be IN your MAC (despite requiring the pattern provider to make), just attached anywhere. It'll take up to 9 patterns that use liquids in the AE system. I would *strongly* suggest making one Water -> 4 fresh water, then using fresh water in all of your water requiring recipes to avoid a bug that will eat things like pots.

Also, don't forget the squeezer that can turn soybeans into tofu and soy milk. Soy milk is a substitute for regular milk, and tofu is a substitute for any egg or meat. This means even if you can't get cows, you can still get your cheeseburgers.
That last bit is huge. The bacon mushroom burger quest just requires wheat, soybeans, mushrooms and water. Also, pro-tip: Set up an MFR harvester (no upgrades needed) in front of your automated soul sand farm. Collect many mushrooms. Laugh maniacally.

Reactions: madnewmy

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
That last bit is huge. The bacon mushroom burger quest just requires wheat, soybeans, mushrooms and water. Also, pro-tip: Set up an MFR harvester (no upgrades needed) in front of your automated soul sand farm. Collect many mushrooms. Laugh maniacally.

While it's possible to use tofu instead of meat, I'll admit that I'm doing the bacon cheeseburger, and spaghetti and meatballs "properly". So I am farming cows and pigs to get pork and beef to make them non-vegetarian. I know that it's not necessary, I just like trying to do it properly.

For the witch water, I created a 25x25 area and slapped 25 barrels onto it being constantly supplied by water and the witch water pulled out. I then used separate barrels that had the water supplied and sand added to make the soul sand.

As a side note, to save parts of your AE system being oversupplied with some liquids (milk and mushroom soup spring to mind), place a tank behind the rancher and the put a liquid bus onto the tank, this way there are always 16 buckets available, and given the rate that the rancher works and it's own internal buffer, you pretty much have an unlimited supply without having to store any in the liquid storage for AE.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents
I was so disappointed with FTB Monster, so I want off and played RR. I wasn’t going to play Agrarian Skys until I saw DW20 video. It was my first time I played a sky block map and I really liked it that and HQM. I must say that Agrarian Skys is one of the best themed mod packs that I have played, it’s very well balanced across all the mods in the pack. I do think that if more packs take up HQM in 1.7 it’s really going to change mod packs. I find myself wanting to complete all the quests, it’s given me a goal to achieve unlike in normal modded minecraft after awhile I tend to run out of stuff to do or just bored of it.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Motus is two primals: Aer + Ordo. There's nothing to scan, just combine the two in your research table. The problem is that you can't get Motus very easily without also getting the wood aspect which can be a PITA to get.

Motus is scanned off a trap door. The only two primals I discover via combining at the research table are victus and examinis - examinis can be scanned but its a pain iirc.

Radiation. Which is to say, Big Reactors.
Did anyone answer this? You can get sulfur from pulverizing coal as well. Once you get your Big Reactor up and running, an MFR Laser Drill with yellow filters will have you drowning in sulfur before long.

coal has a 10% yield of sulfur, blaze rods a 50%. Anyway, as soon as the BR is up and running, a Laser with 1 or 2 yellow filters will get you yellorite ore AND sulfur in greater quantities than you can ever use.

--
What would I be losing out on if, now that I have a MFR laser - I shut down my gravel/dust sifting operations? The sifting operation is taking up a lot of floor space, what with pulverizers, activators, and smelteries and pouring basins. I have 20K nether quartz so I can shut down the soul sand sifiting and actually start saving it for quests.

(One annoyance about the laser is that with the blue filter it seems to retrieve a lot of ex nihilo platinum gravel that I can't process with TE pulverizers & furnaces)

--
After 'processing' pech in my mob system for a while I got many things, but no saplings. So I relocated their safari net to a safe area, and set about acquiring one of each pech sub type - by throwing different colors of wool at them when I got them to prevent them despawning. When spawned by MFR their names are really derped out. But at least they gamble correctly. BTW don't gable with a pech mage for saplings.

--
Damnit - I hate the lack of ingot unification. My tinkers construct ingot casts make one kind of each metal, the casting basins make blocks that when deconstructed, make a 2nd. The thermal expansion furnace makes a 3rd. I have three types of @#$ copper building up in my AE system. And why oh why does Tinkers Construct call its bronze, "bronze", but Thermal expansion call it "Tinkers Alloy". I wish there was a setting for TE that made it call its Platinum, Nickel and Bronze by the correct names.

Last edited:

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
It accepts patterns with fluid (e.g. buckets) in the crafting recipe. This presupposes you have the fluid storage cells in your drive, and the appropriate liquid in them.
Ahh, so its an offshoot pattern provider basically.
Thanks , having troble figuring out how this thing works since the extracells page has ABSOLUTELY nothing about it (except in the changelog but that only shows its addition and bugfixes :/ )

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I never played both mods before, I guess that means both of them are currently out of my league.
I should probably go and watch some Youtube to learn about that stuff. Its a shame that the ExtraUtilities Pipes are disabled... such an easy solution >_>
Why weren't the recipes changed or something I wonder...

But still: Thanks for your answers!

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Sadly I never played both mods before, I guess that means both of them are currently out of my league.
I should probably go and watch some Youtube to learn about that stuff. Its a shame that the ExtraUtilities Pipes are disabled... such an easy solution >_>
Why weren't the recipes changed or something I wonder...

But still: Thanks for your answers!
because the pipes allow for too much in general, they are item+fluid+power transport in one pipe and The Jaded One didn't want that

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Did you scan a primal charm? How about the wobbly glowing shot from the primal wand cap?

I did when I made it, but didn't give it. And I have yet to get that research either, guessing I need all of the focuses first. I've run out of ordo, so I haven't done a bunch of it yet.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
...how are you supposed to whitelist/blacklist fluids in fluiducts? I figured my best option with smeltery automatization was to separate liquids into their individual tanks, but once I tried it, all the tanks started receiving liquid gold, meaning the other liquids had nowhere to go. Now I also need for find a way to get rid of the liquid gold in three of the tanks...should be easy enough, I think.

EDIT: Nevermind, easy enough solution: Use a bucket to do so.

Alright, I am now 80% done with automating my smelteries and ore production. I successfully automated one of my smelteries. All I have left to do now is to do the same to my other smeltery.
2hgv8t2.png

Last edited:

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
So where are you supposed to get all the instrumentum research points from? You need tons of it for the primal wand core quest :(

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So where are you supposed to get all the instrumentum research points from? You need tons of it for the primal wand core quest :(
Deconstruction table if all else fails. Get the prime aspects and combine until you have enough instrumentum.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Wait...quick question: Is there a chance for an alloy to be made if my smeltery immediately pumps metals into tanks? If so, then so be it, but if not, then why am I bothering with 2 smelteries?