Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Is it 5x6x6 interior or exterior? If it is exterior, i am assuming your layout is

sqphy8.jpg

Yup that's it!

I could get more ressources to make it bigger but I am in an enclosed space for now

I am not looking for the bestest (yup, the best of the best) reactor, i just need one that fits my need in RF and that I couls eventually make larger (maybe taller but that will need relocation, might as well fo a second one!?)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Yup that's it!

I could get more ressources to make it bigger but I am in an enclosed space for now

I am not looking for the bestest (yup, the best of the best) reactor, i just need one that fits my need in RF and that I couls eventually make larger (maybe taller but that will need relocation, might as well fo a second one!?)

I did a quick test and adding resonant ender boosted it to 7.7k

Having empty space instead of reactor casing touching the rods so you can have more coolant spaces can make a huge difference. I will setup a few test scenarios and post the results.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

Having empty space instead of reactor casing touching the rods so you can have more coolant spaces can make a huge difference. I will setup a few test scenarios and post the results.

so a checkerboard with an empty edge would mean max efficiency in terms of cooling?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

Ok thanks!
I will probably get it going later today and i might just switch coolant and make it 7x7x6 ( i cna probably sink it one in the ground to make 7x7x7 actually...)

Thanks everyone for the info :D really appreciate it ;)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
so a checkerboard with an empty edge would mean max efficiency in terms of cooling?

Yes, I did a quick test and using the same control rod layout I made a reactor 7x8x6 instead of 5x6x6 and that boosted it all the way to 11.5k rf/t

Here are some pics.

25tdz46.jpg

bfy36.jpg

So if you can find 1 extra block of space around the edges, you will be golden :p

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Could anyone point me in the direction of how to make the chunkloaders active while we are off of the server? I have looked at the config, and I am obviously an idiot. . . .I am unable to figure out what I need to change.

If using MFR Chunk Loader then

in \config\powercrystals\minefactoryreloaded\common.cfg

make sure it has

# If true, the Chunk Loader will require that the player who placed it be online to function
B:ChunkLoader.RequiresOwnerOnline=false

If using Chicken Chunk Loader then

in \config\ChickenChunks.cfg

make sure it has

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=0

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks!
I will probably get it going later today and i might just switch coolant and make it 7x7x6 ( i cna probably sink it one in the ground to make 7x7x7 actually...)

Thanks everyone for the info :D really appreciate it ;)

If you make a 7x7 you will want an X type with 5 rods for max efficiency. Here is a 7x7x7 setup.

33f73hy.jpg

2m4vr5d.jpg

Which gets 11.7k rf/t and really only needs 8 buckets of resonant ender. Four bucket in the inner spaces touching the rods and the other four in the corners of the reactor. Cheapest, best layout capable of running a laser drill with 4 pre-chargers and your typical high end factory with ME system and many machines. With 4 charger laser will harvest enough nether coal/sulfur/yellorium and other materials to keep it fueled and after about 20-40 hours you will have enough waste to get into steam turbines. Converted over to steam mode will give you enough steam to run four 7x7x12 steam turbines each outputting around 20k for a total of 80k if setup correctly.

Good luck!

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
the MFR redstone controller with a square wave

fluiduct set to redstone high in casting basin filled by hopper with obsidian and then let ender flow until full then turn off and pull out after solidified and replace obsidian and turn ender back on

No need for the redstone controller. The fluiduct flowing into the basin is necessary, but for the rest, a hopper on the side of the basin putting obsidian in, and a hopper below pulling end stone out will churn through this in no time.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
How do people get the massive amount of water needed for active cooling, aquous activators can only supply ~25/26 mb of water per tick when in a checkerboard pattern and water in between and below them.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
blood magic spring ritual +siphon mechanic. classical infinite water pool falling one block space(to cause block update) onto an me fluid transition plane then using me fluid export? surrounding 5/6 sides of an accumulator with water to increase output, using multiple accumulators, and shoving it around via tesseract which isn't limited to 100mb/t per fluiduct connection. the list goes on and on.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
How do people get the massive amount of water needed for active cooling, aquous activators can only supply ~25/26 mb of water per tick when in a checkerboard pattern and water in between and below them.

Are you looping the used water from the turbine back to the reactor?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Once you fill the reactor/turbines with water/steam the system should be a closed system and not need anymore/very little water input. To get water into the system have 3 ports on your reactor. Two set to input and one set to output. One of the inputs will have a Drum filled with water. The other will have a tesseract set to receive fluid. The output will have a tesseract set to send fluid. Now for each of your turbines have 2 ports using tesseracts setup the same way.

214a2bo.jpg

jfaqkx.jpg

14slkbq.jpg

For high fluid systems you need direct connections to tesseracts.

Last edited:

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Are you looping the used water from the turbine back to the reactor?
Yes, though it only supplies like the same as an aqueous activator,though tinkering around after posting that it seems that the bottleneck is the fluid port

Once you fill the reactor/turbines with water/steam the system should be a closed system and not need anymore/very little water input. To get water into the system have 3 ports on your reactor. Two set to input and one set to output. One of the inputs will have a Drum filled with water. The other will have a tesseract set to receive fluid. The output will have a tesseract set to send fluid. Now for each of your turbines have 2 ports using tesseracts setup the same way.

214a2bo.jpg

jfaqkx.jpg

14slkbq.jpg

For high fluid systems you need direct connections to tesseracts.

Yah seeing the problem with fluiducts, even though they say its 120 mb/t they don't actually support that amount for some reason when combined with fluid ports

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, though it only supplies like the same as an aqueous activator,though tinkering around after posting that it seems that the bottleneck is the fluid port

You can build the turbine directly against the reactor, lining up the I&O ports on both, to bypass the fluidduct port limits.

The limit is specifically input-into-a-fluidduct related (not to a fluidducts total capacity) so you can also just have a row of output ports, all linked to the same run of fluiduct, running into a single input port on the other. For a pleasing "V8 exhaust" look.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
You can build the turbine directly against the reactor, lining up the I&O ports on both, to bypass the fluidduct port limits.

Or use tesseracts. See my pictures from my previous post. I have a system that I threw together in a creative world for testing that is feeding 1020 mb per tick to 4 turbines for a total of 4080 mb per tick no problem. I sure I can even push that much farther. The system from my post supplies 48k rf/t total and it is barely using any of the max steam the reactor can make.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Well now I have 24 aqueous activators that need re-purposing, went with tesseracts simply because I don't want to bother with moving either my turbine or reactor to be adjacent to each-other.
And as a bonus if I hit the cap of 2000 mb/t I can add another turbine

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
No need for the redstone controller. The fluiduct flowing into the basin is necessary, but for the rest, a hopper on the side of the basin putting obsidian in, and a hopper below pulling end stone out will churn through this in no time.
I wanted to prevent liquid ender going in when the basin was empty

Jul 29, 2019
Am i mad to be scared to setup a Big reactor? All i've got for power is a array of magmatic engines. Which powers all my machines, my ME network + MAC and I've got alot of the quests done.