Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Just jump into your smeltery and make coagulated blood. They oredict into slimeballs.
I think this is disabled, I tried to do it, but unfortunately it didnt work, yes I had metals and yes I destroyed the contoller few times.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Questions:
  1. How do I unlock Chapter 7 (The End) in the Quest Book? My server is v1.0.8.
  2. How do I get to The End? - I tried the 9 Eye of Ender in 3x3 pattern and it failed.
  3. How do i get Certus Combs, if I can't get to The End to get the Ender Species of Bee? - Villagers don't seem to trade them, and ExNihilo requires an End Biome for the Artifical Hives to attract the bees.
1. It unlocked for me after completing 3 of the other sections. It unlocked after I finished how to skyblock, go with the flow and hell's kitchen.
2. Don't know. Putting that off until I feel bored and in need of extreme risk.
3. I've read that you can get ender bees in a reward bag. That said I've only got around 10-15 quests left and didn't get any so I guess this becomes 2b for me. If not as a quest reward then we're going to the End for them.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate the Harvestcraft plants? Given that a Harvester pulls the entire plant, golems ignore them, and you have to turn them into seeds to replant.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Questions:
  1. How do I unlock Chapter 7 (The End) in the Quest Book? My server is v1.0.8.
  2. How do I get to The End? - I tried the 9 Eye of Ender in 3x3 pattern and it failed.
  3. How do i get Certus Combs, if I can't get to The End to get the Ender Species of Bee? - Villagers don't seem to trade them, and ExNihilo requires an End Biome for the Artifical Hives to attract the bees.

For No3 the quest "Work harder" has Ender Bees as a reward.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate the Harvestcraft plants? Given that a Harvester pulls the entire plant, golems ignore them, and you have to turn them into seeds to replant.
Hmm, they seem to be working fine for me. Harvester gathers fruit and leaves the vines on tomatoes, gathers veg and seeds for both lettuce and soybeans (granted, I didn't try the 4000 other plants).

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Because a lot of those have exploits in this pack. Open Blocks is a mish-mash of useful random blocks. That's why its possible to easily disable items directly in the config. If something is disabled in Ag Skies its probably got an exploit attached.
If those exploits are ever fixed, will the XP stuff be re-enabled?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get leather? Is imps the only way or am I just missing something?
You can make leather out of flint, water and rotten flesh via Blood Magic, for me its kinda the easiest way, all you basicly need is to make the potio thingy, which is really cheap and some blood(200 i think it was per 3 leather).

Jul 29, 2019
Well guys, my internet was down for a few days so I've just went HAM on aragian skies, gonner get some screenies tomorrow, but I've now got all my stuff in an ME system, and slowly getting sewage from chickens :D
That sewage quests takes soooooo long.
Also a weird thing, the last quest in "Learning to skyblock" with the resonant thingy dingy, does it have to be charged, because i didn't charge mine and i could hand it in :p

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Mine was not charged when I handed it in but I assume it could also be handed in when charged.

Orcao

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get leather? Is imps the only way or am I just missing something?
Use a Mariculture rod (reed rod works) to fish up Cod, smelt them in the Mariculture Crucible for an 11% chance at leather. If you want to you can breed them, or attempt to breed up to Perch (Minnow + Cod = Goldfish, Goldfish + Cod = Perch, Perch + (Goldfish I think...) = (something with a higher chance at leather)). Once you get 8 leather you can craft a Spawn Cow w/ a chicken egg (Spawn Chicken can be crafted w/ 9 arrows). You can also make a large patch of grass and hope to get lucky.

If you're looking for masses of leather for books then take another look at a book in nei, they can be made w/ TiCon stencils and some string + paper.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Aww... in the 2.x version of Agrarian Skies, she disabled being able to Pulverize the x ore dust into 2x pulverized ore to send into the redstone furnace. Now the only way to get your double output is with the smeltery. Boooooo.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
hits enderman, was on edge of island.
Setting up Grinders. Set up Fluiduct on Grinder to pipe mob essence to Reactant Dynamo. Between the cobblestone block and the pipe, there is a little gap, but it is big enough for a skeleton's arrow to shoot through and knock me off the platform.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Going to the nether for the first time before realizing that all mobs are aggro to me and the first minute I mine quartz it's explosions everywhere.