Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
So, on power gen, what would be the best sort that doesn't involve coal or lava? Because I was going to try making like the biofuel stuff from forestry or even MFR, but is there any other sort?

Extra Utilities has a Heated Redstone generator that generates 320 rf per tick when fed destabilized redstone and is pretty efficient Otherwise it will generate 160 rf using lava and redstone dust. There are generators that run on potions and food. Little know fact is that the magmatic dynamos also run on blazing pyrotheum. A single bucket of blazing pyrotheum will last 12x longer than a single bucket of lava in the magmatic dynamo. Also, the compression dynamo runs off liquid xp. Never tried it in this pack, but that was the main way I powered my base in Attack of the B-Team.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks 2 questions today.

My enderlily farm is losing ender lilys. I had 13, then 9 now 3. Its a normal 9x9 farm on end stone with a planter and a harvester. have teh same setup in monster running fine. It seems to randomly lose ender seeds and I'm not sure where it happening. They seem to harvest fine and are replanted when I am watching but something is causing them to slowly disappear. Any thoughts?

2) Has anyone had any lucking automating a slime tree farm. I'm able to plant with with AA's but the lumberaxe in the second AA breaks the saplings when they are planted. If I turn it off and wait for a tree to grow and then turn it on it does chop the entire trunk fine.

thanks

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

My enderlily farm is losing ender lilys. I had 13, then 9 now 3. Its a normal 9x9 farm on end stone with a planter and a harvester. have teh same setup in monster running fine. It seems to randomly lose ender seeds and I'm not sure where it happening. They seem to harvest fine and are replanted when I am watching but something is causing them to slowly disappear. Any thoughts?

2) Has anyone had any lucking automating a slime tree farm. I'm able to plant with with AA's but the lumberaxe in the second AA breaks the saplings when they are planted. If I turn it off and wait for a tree to grow and then turn it on it does chop the entire trunk fine.

thanks
For the second one, I would recommend trying to use a vanilla trick
Redstone signals are transmitted through logs, but not saplings
So put a repeater facing in at the sapling, with the axe AA on the other side set to only work with a high redstone signal. That way, when the tree grows, redstone signal transmitted through, and AA chops (This would only work if it chops the whole thing in one go or the bottom block is the last to go)

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019

Do you have any farms nearby using Sprinklers? Sprinklers have had their "growth enhancing" range increased in this modpack from the default 4 blocks, to 8. Ender Lilies are allergic to bonemeal and similar effects. Instead of growing, they will regress to an earlier stage and eventually disappear altogether. This includes the effect caused by the sprinklers, which could explain your myserious die-offs.

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019

thanks
only problem with useing a AA to chop down the slime trees is the leaves never seem to despawn

UnderscoreH

Jul 29, 2019
Then something is wrong. Gravel and sand ores are not supposed to be ore dictionaried to prevent a dupe.

There might be something that over-writes it? As the ore is given an addition name that is in orange. This is done with the Dictionary Converter by Mariculture. It forces a name on it that is from the ore dictionary.
So maybe check that out? I have no idea how the duping works? but yeah. Maybe i can post images to show my setup?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
There might be something that over-writes it? As the ore is given an addition name that is in orange. This is done with the Dictionary Converter by Mariculture. It forces a name on it that is from the ore dictionary.
So maybe check that out? I have no idea how the duping works? but yeah. Maybe i can post images to show my setup?

It was a derped config. It won't be possible after the next update.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Doing quests, I've reached the alchemy quest. And, well, one of items I need is greatwood. I just unlocked the greatwood research and...I'm scared considering the recipe and what I need to do. Heck, I don't really know what to do. I unlocked the runic matrix, I'm guessing it's related to that. (If I figure this out, I should be able to get runic armor as a bonus)

It's an infusion recipe. The Runic Matrix is one component of the multiblock structure you need for infusion crafting. Google a tutorial on infusion crafting to find out how it works.

This particular recipe requires a lot of essentia. Just make sure it's all in jars near the infusion table. The range seems to be quite far, but keep them within ~8 blocks so they're definitely in range. Have maybe 10% extra of each essentia type in case of complications - if the infusion crafting stalls waiting for essentia or items, it will slowly destroy essentia inside it, and then it will need more from the jars.

Surround the pedestal with stabilizing items in a symmetrical pattern - each stabilizing item should have another one of the same type horizontally opposite from the central pedestal. If you have a water crystal cluster 2 blocks east, 1 block north and 3 blocks down from the central pedestal, you should have another one 2 blocks west, 1 block south and 3 blocks down. I found that water shards are the easiest to automate, so every empty space in my infusion crafting area has a water crystal cluster. Crystal clusters, skulls, nodes and candles are valid stabilizing items. You should already know this part from the tutorial you found. Technically you don't need any stabilizers, but they reduce the chance of random bad things happening, especially since this recipe has "dangerous" level instability (IIRC).

When you have everything set up (make sure to have a few extra of each ingredient in your inventory, but you should know that too) start the infusion process by right-clicking with your wand. And then stand there and watch it - this recipe takes forever - and if any items get knocked off pedestals, or destroyed, put them back on. One of the random effects might cause you to take damage - that's not really a problem, as long as you're fed, so don't be alarmed.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Motus is two primals: Aer + Ordo. There's nothing to scan, just combine the two in your research table. The problem is that you can't get Motus very easily without also getting the wood aspect which can be a PITA to get.
Scan a trap door. You can scan MFR whitestone (any variant) for the victus aspect (heart which leads to seed aspect which leads to herba then wood).

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Do wither skulls normally not drop when the skeletons are killed with a Grinder, or is this just a AS thing? Spent over two million essence on them in a Spawner, and got stacks of necrotic bones but no skulls.

A Looting II sword got me some, but not the Grinder.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Would someone quickly give me a run-down of the new research system? I have to go scanning things with my "scanner" and it'll give me research points (if it's new). Then I can use those points to progress mapping points on a research map? Only those points which relate to the specific aspect discovery, can be advanced by related research points?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Do wither skulls normally not drop when the skeletons are killed with a Grinder, or is this just a AS thing? Spent over two million essence on them in a Spawner, and got stacks of necrotic bones but no skulls.

A Looting II sword got me some, but not the Grinder.

Grinder currently does not obtain heads from mobs. You can automate with an Auto Activator using a weapon preferably a cleaver with maxed out beheading stat. Or you can use invar spikes, they are capable of obtaining heads as drops.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any farms nearby using Sprinklers? Sprinklers have had their "growth enhancing" range increased in this modpack from the default 4 blocks, to 8. Ender Lilies are allergic to bonemeal and similar effects. Instead of growing, they will regress to an earlier stage and eventually disappear altogether. This includes the effect caused by the sprinklers, which could explain your myserious die-offs.

Ahh that would be it. Will have to move it.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Would someone quickly give me a run-down of the new research system? I have to go scanning things with my "scanner" and it'll give me research points (if it's new). Then I can use those points to progress mapping points on a research map? Only those points which relate to the specific aspect discovery, can be advanced by related research points?
Here you go. The research system has changed a bit since that thread was made, but since it is set to easy mode in this pack it doesn't matter too much. You use the research points to purchase research. If you have more questions go ask in that thread.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
only problem with useing a AA to chop down the slime trees is the leaves never seem to despawn
I managed to fix that by placing a 3rd AA up a few blocks right where the farthest leave grows. I didn't even give it a tool it just punches the first leaf block away and the rest naturally despawn. It's a bit of a slow system but it is slowly building my stockpile of slime.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, but I did find out what is going on...

For some reason, it is Aer and Aqua, not Aer and Ordo. Strange...

Azanor balanced a few of the aspects combinations when thaumcraft updated to 4.1. Motus is one of the ones that got tweaked.

So, on power gen, what would be the best sort that doesn't involve coal or lava? Because I was going to try making like the biofuel stuff from forestry or even MFR, but is there any other sort?

It's not straight coal. There is some processing involved, so I don't know if this counts or not. -- I used the coal I got from sifting and converted it to liquifacted coal. It runs for 1 million RF in a combustion dynamo. I have 1 engine powering my entire ore production line. I did add a second engine, but it only ever sits at idle. Maybe when I get more than 1 sifter going, it will do a bit more.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go. The research system has changed a bit since that thread was made, but since it is set to easy mode in this pack it doesn't matter too much. You use the research points to purchase research. If you have more questions go ask in that thread.
It's soooooo much text. I just want a general run-down. How is it different than TC3, what should I be looking for, etc. I am almost at the resource/energy autonomy stage of AS, which means scaling energy processes to produce buttloads of RF, and then dump that all into laser drills cause MFR.

So, I'm sorta back to Unleashed world, but with fun quests that ask for 10k items, so I have something to do with my efficiency.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Um, is there any reason why pulverized gravel is not being inputted into my autonomous activator, even though an itemduct is supposed to output items from my pulverizer to my AA? Also, I should go back into the nether to hunt for gold, if for no other reason so that I can craft more cyclic assemblers. However, I'm running out of flight potions, and once I run out, it's going to be a while until I get to blood alchemy (seeing how my current Blood Magic progress currently consists of "I crafted the sacrificial orb".