Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another way of getting Silverwood saplings besides trading with the pech?[DOUBLEPOST=1404530032][/DOUBLEPOST]
he's also screwing himself out of a lot of LP with the well cause the mobs get damaged by the fall first

He was initially manually using the dagger of sacrifice with the altar. I don't believe that method cares how much life the mob has. The well however does drain the life out of the target and does indeed get more of of something with a larger life pool.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
That really doesn't help. It's like saying it's in the manual. If I had found it in the thaumonomicon, I wouldn't be asking, now would I?
Then maybe you should look harder and go farther before asking, now shouldn't you?

READ: The recipe is in Thaumonomicon; a silverwood sapling can be made via infusion after necessary researches are complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
Then maybe you should look harder and go farther before asking, now shouldn't you?

READ: The recipe is in Thaumonomicon; a silverwood sapling can be made via infusion after needed researches are complete.

The recipe for a silverwood only appears after you get certain research.

Now, not to be that guy that's always plugging blood magic, but blood magic! The blood magic recipe is far less painful; earth, air, fire, and water shards, an oak sapling, a tier 3 orb, and 1500 lp. Makes the thaumcraft recipe a joke really.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019

Now, not to be that guy that's always plugging blood magic, but blood magic! The blood magic recipe is far less painful; earth, air, fire, and water shards, an oak sapling, a tier 3 orb, and 1500 lp. Makes the thaumcraft recipe a joke really.
Yea, like everything in Thaumcraft, certain researches need to be complete for stuff to appear in the book.

And yea, Blood magic makes pretty much everything a joke at the cost of few hearts of LP. I don't like it =/

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

I've got a lot of the thaumonomicon unlocked and have already obtained silverwood saplings via pech trading, but was trying to figure out how to "unlock" it without pechs. I have everything currently listed in ex aquilo tab, plus just about everything except for the golem tab. I'll finish out my research then, and see what unlocks it. I'm just glad it isn't a "scan to unlock" research.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Yea, like everything in Thaumcraft, certain researches need to be complete for stuff to appear in the book.

And yea, Blood magic makes pretty much everything a joke at the cost of few hearts of LP. I don't like it =/
that's only in this pack really, jaded made a lot of changes to not overly frustrate people

Reactions: Padfoote

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any use for 13 chests stuffed full of walrus?

(8 fish per walrus? What the heck is that stuff?)

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any use for 13 chests stuffed full of walrus?

(8 fish per walrus? What the heck is that stuff?)
Yeah. A DSU full of walrus keeps the world fresh. It's powerful, and makes sure that fish exist, because without fish you can't feed your walrus.
jk, not really. Walrus are useless, do what you want with 'em.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I ran through the map once already, and started another one recently. One issue I ran into was having enough Thaumcraft aspects to unlock all the staff cores, to them unlock the staff core of the primal research. I could sit there for hours on a deconstruction table, but that seems quite tedious. I probably just need to scan more items, buuuut...

Someone had mentioned that with Thaumcraft on "easy" mode, you skip the mini game, but at a higher cost for unlocking research. Given that were in a void world, with no dungeons, natural villages, etc, (i.e: no loot chests) can Thaumcraft be done in normal mode? AS is my first experience with it, so I'm very unfamiliar with how it normally works. Do I need to get the research fragments from bees/pechs to do ANYTHING? Or do they just give you an cheaper way to get research?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I ran through the map once already, and started another one recently. One issue I ran into was having enough Thaumcraft aspects to unlock all the staff cores, to them unlock the staff core of the primal research. I could sit there for hours on a deconstruction table, but that seems quite tedious. I probably just need to scan more items, buuuut...

Someone had mentioned that with Thaumcraft on "easy" mode, you skip the mini game, but at a higher cost for unlocking research. Given that were in a void world, with no dungeons, natural villages, etc, (i.e: no loot chests) can Thaumcraft be done in normal mode? AS is my first experience with it, so I'm very unfamiliar with how it normally works. Do I need to get the research fragments from bees/pechs to do ANYTHING? Or do they just give you an cheaper way to get research?
Research fragments can give you a special research note if you craft them together, but otherwise they don't do much special or different in normal mode than they do in easy. With normal mode you have to do the mini-game to complete important researches, and you need paper and your scribing tools to get the research notes that you then play the game with.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. A DSU full of walrus keeps the world fresh. It's powerful, and makes sure that fish exist, because without fish you can't feed your walrus.
jk, not really. Walrus are useless, do what you want with 'em.

Oh, turns out, they have a sloped back. So can they be used as slopes, to climb up? Nope.

Gads. 11 chests stuffed full, plus 9 uniques in a TiC crafting table. Only place not stuffed is the furnace.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, turns out, they have a sloped back. So can they be used as slopes, to climb up? Nope.

Gads. 11 chests stuffed full, plus 9 uniques in a TiC crafting table. Only place not stuffed is the furnace.
Too bad you can't burn 'em as fuel. Nor are they edible.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
But I realized: They make good pranking materials.

What's a good (easy) way to get several chestfuls of dollies into someone's AE system?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Thaumcraft can be done in normal mode or hard mode in a skyblock, the only thing it changes is the minigame

The reason why the easy mode is higher cost in research points is because there's a set combination per research and that's the only one you can use, whilst with the minigame there's some flexibility to what you can use for it.

As for your research problem, go take your thaum-scanner (blanked on the name), some goggles of revealing, a good jetpack (preferablly golden or green) and a warp book back home for a contingency. Fly down to y=10, and scan every node you see down there.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, can you walk me through this? I have never used AE before at all.
Make basic import bus. Upgrade with gold processor for speed. Place on inventory to import from. Connect with ME cable to AE cable or block. Right-click import bus and select "Move stacks" option. Let happen.

Alternately, just spend time filling your inventory and hauling your stuff over to the victim's system to dump it into his access terminal. That way he has time to notice you hanging around a lot playing with his AE system, which will cue him to wonder what the heck you're doing and maybe chase you off.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
As for your research problem, go take your thaum-scanner (blanked on the name), some goggles of revealing, a good jetpack (preferablly golden or green) and a warp book back home for a contingency. Fly down to y=10, and scan every node you see down there.

Doh! Don't know how I forgot about that. Thanks for the cluestick. Related tip for others...make sure to scan the nodes *before* you charge your wand from them....you get aspects based on what it has at the time of scanning, not it's "full capacity".
Alright, can you walk me through this? I have never used AE before at all.
Take a deep storage unit, or large barrel, full of the items you want to fill their AE system with. Drop it on an import bus (preferablly precision, set to stack mode) connected to their system.