Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
What? A wood sword with a netherrack (stonebound) handle?!?

Jaded! That was a "good" reward bag.
You can level up the sword quickly, then replace the blade, then the handle. Manyllyn works well. After that you can apply the necessary modifiers.

Though I've found that swords level up pretty quickly in this pack anyway if you kill mobs yourself for a while.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You can level up the sword quickly, then replace the blade, then the handle. Manyllyn works well. After that you can apply the necessary modifiers.

Though I've found that swords level up pretty quickly in this pack anyway if you kill mobs yourself for a while.

You have to make a new sword to get the upgraded damage. Unless this bug was recently fixed, weapons don't update their damage when replacing parts.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have a little bit of an open floor plan. Because the route chosen by the golem is always a straight line, he would occasionally fall through the opening and into the infusion altar room below, with no way to get back up to the higher level where are the essence jars are stored. To fix this, I used the open blocks pencil. It let me create blocks that players and entities won't fall through, but are still completely invisible (unless you wear the pencil glasses). I just placed a couple pencil blocks along the edges in the corners to prevent the alchemy golem from falling through.

This lets me still see the awesome particle effects while crafting, but effectively closes off the floor below for the golem.

Edit: Derp. The golem still fell through the floor. Short of putting up fence, any ideas?

Edit2: I removed the stair at the far end of the row of jars. When his pathfinding was targeting the far stair, he would walk off the edge. Just going to the far jar is fine though. Now, he targets the near stair, and all is good.

2014-07-06_18.54.19.png

Last edited:

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone one give me some good ideas for a mining laser setup. I find that I just can't seem to give it enough power even with only one pre-charger.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I tried a 9x9 but not even that was enough.
then check the power line, is there enough through put to transfer the power? if you use cells then check the input/output, and you'll need to use redstone energy conduits throughout to transfer enough

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
then check the power line, is there enough through put to transfer the power? if you use cells then check the input/output, and you'll need to use redstone energy conduits throughout to transfer enough
I use the basic circle that I have seen youtubers use but for some reason it just does perform for me. For example I am a fan of Hypnotizd and I had a bigger reactor than him and it still did not produce enough.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone one give me some good ideas for a mining laser setup. I find that I just can't seem to give it enough power even with only one pre-charger.
Let's back up a minute, and make sure we're understanding the problem. What exactly to you mean when you say you "can't give it enough power?" Each pre-charger takes a maximum of 2500 RF/tick, but it will still run on less power, just slower. So, if you're saying the drill isn't running at all, I suspect you may not have it set up correctly, given the limited information you've provided.

Edit: You posted you have a 9x9x9 reactor with 5 cores while I was typing. Since you should be generating somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k RF/tick with that design, I'm further convinced your problem isn't power generation.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Let's back up a minute, and make sure we're understanding the problem. What exactly to you mean when you say you "can't give it enough power?" Each pre-charger takes a maximum of 2500 RF/tick, but it will still run on less power, just slower. So, if you're saying the drill isn't running at all, I suspect you may not have it set up correctly, given the limited information you've provided.

I mean to say that it bottoms out even when I give it about 3000 rf per tick. It does run but so slowly.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I mean to say that it bottoms out even when I give it about 3000 rf per tick. It does run but so slowly.
What's your expectation of speed? A drill with 1 pre-charger, fully powered, should produce one ore every 30 seconds or so. If your set up is significantly slower than that, I suspect you may not have it set up properly. Screen shots would be helpful.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Your Big Reactor, at 9x9x9, with an X, should be capable of putting out ~17500RF/t on AgS settings. What does the BR UI say it it generating? Switch to a 3x3 core with a hollow center (think chest pattern) and it would manage ~33600RF/t. But that aside:
Redstone Energy Conduit can only carry 10KRF/t. So you need either two power taps, or a Tesseract directly on the power tap to carry more than 10kRF/t out the reactor.

Conveniently, 4 prechargers consume exactly 10kRF/t.

Point being, your BR should be producing enough power to completely run 4 prechargers, so your power distribution would be at fault.

unless the GUI confirms your reactor IS only producing 3kRF/t - which implies you've not cooled it properly at all.

Last edited:

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Your Big Reactor, at 9x9x9, with an X, should be capable of putting out ~17500RF/t on AgS settings. What does the BR UI say it it generating? Switch to a 3x3 core with a hollow center (think chest pattern) and it would manage ~33600RF/t. But that aside:
Redstone Energy Conduit can only carry 10KRF/t. So you need either two power taps, or a Tesseract directly on the power tap to carry more than 10kRF/t out the reactor.

Conveniently, 4 prechargers consume exactly 10kRF/t.

Point being, your BR should be producing enough power to completely run 4 prechargers, so your power distribution would be at fault.

unless the GUI confirms your reactor IS only producing 3kRF/t - which implies you've not cooled it properly at all.
Thanks I tried another power tap so and it seems to be working.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Recent derp from me.

I ran out of Quartz Crystals. Hmm, WTH. Then I notice my sieve that handles the sand is not sieving. Check the build, and then notice had the wrong side config on the Aut Activator. Rebuilt the system about 10 hours ago (game time), only just noticed while trying to craft the 16M storage.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Recent derp from me.

I ran out of Quartz Crystals. Hmm, WTH. Then I notice my sieve that handles the sand is not sieving. Check the build, and then notice had the wrong side config on the Aut Activator. Rebuilt the system about 10 hours ago (game time), only just noticed while trying to craft the 16M storage.
That moment when you realize 1 Certus Quartz Dust = 1 Certus Quartz Crystal in Agrarian Skies :p

shinyarceus4

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the only way to craft spawn eggs now is through blood magic, which I have no idea how to use. Thanks to this, I can't complete the "The Pastoral Life" quest. Is there any workaround, or a plan to re-implement the crafting of spawn eggs?