Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having difficulty playing my world recently due to all the stuff I have going on. Even with optifine loaded (utra, default config), it has been a bit laggy of late. With the latest update to 3.1.1, I again had to add in optifine. This time, I enabled the multi-core chunk loading and disabled thread optimization with my 3d settings as recommended. Wow! This is so much better on my machine. It is very nice and smooth, without the lag I have been experiencing. There is a slight (less than 1/2 second) delay while placing blocks and interacting with tiles (graphical update only), but it works so much better than before.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Have you done the soulsand/glow stone/ender pearl quest? Otherwise there might be some other hidden way to unlock it.
The soulsand one is the one I'm trying to unlock. Was working on it quite nicely in 2.1.9, now after the update it's locked. I cannot see a glowstone quest. There's not an enderpearl quest, but an End stone quest.

There is a quest now to enter the Nether in learning to skyblock, I'm hoping that it's not a requirement for the Soul Sand quest, as I was hoping to play the map without going to the Nether, as that was part of the design.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The soulsand one is the one I'm trying to unlock. Was working on it quite nicely in 2.1.9, now after the update it's locked. I cannot see a glowstone quest. There's not an enderpearl quest, but an End stone quest.

There is a quest now to enter the Nether in learning to skyblock, I'm hoping that it's not a requirement for the Soul Sand quest, as I was hoping to play the map without going to the Nether, as that was part of the design.
You don't need the Enter the Nether quest (or I didn't, at least). And I was referring to the on in Learning to Skyblock, which has the requirements of soulsand, glowstone and ender pearl, and might have something to do with the dolls.

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
How do you store your Bee Princesses? I use a Filing Cabinet atm (Drones get a disc in the AE), but I just noticed that the Princesses never stack because my generations rise too fast (I breed all my bees with the shortest Lifespan since I need to liquify them). Would the problem fix itself if I rebreed them all with the longest possible lifespan?

Obiously the reason my princesses dont stack because their NBT doesnt match 100% due to the different generation. But is there any way to store them properly without having to rebreed them all?

Bee princesses just don't stack. Period.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Bee princesses just don't stack. Period.
Theoretically they'd stack in something like AE or a filing cabinet which forces things to stack that don't, but yes, their NBT data would need to match exactly, which is including their generation count, and therefore you might as well assume that they don't stack

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically they'd stack in something like AE or a filing cabinet which forces things to stack that don't, but yes, their NBT data would need to match exactly, which is including their generation count, and therefore you might as well assume that they don't stack
Actually, for a few updates now, princesses include "generations bred" in their data, so no two in AS are the same. They don't even stack in AE. It's a pain.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, for a few updates now, princesses include "generations bred" in their data, so no two in AS are the same. They don't even stack in AE. It's a pain.

Just set up an advanced filing cabinet linked to a storage bus (at priority 4096 with no black/whitelist) and all princesses, armors and other unstackables will happily go into it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask for pictures of your world Netmc? Of your mob farms and other such laggy things? Have you checked for backstuffed Itemducts? Do you have too many crucibles from delaying a big reactor? Is it time, instead, to change from sieving, to a MFR laser?

There are quite a few pictures of my builds in the Show your AgS world thread in the community showcase. I do have a pretty massive sieving setup (12 sieves with 3 AA each), but I rarely run it. I have so many materials at the moment, it just isn't needed. I only turn it on when I get low on redstone. I've have tried to do an aesthetic build, so I have lots and lots of microblocks everywhere, and lots and lots of tile entities from all the machines and ducts/conduits. It seems that most of the lag is due to render lag, and not tick rate or anything else.

For lava generation, I have 20 crucibles with hoppers on top being fed by an extruder with a servo set to filter the item stack down to 1. It is the only duct in my network that can get backstuffed, and it should only have at most a handful of items in it.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-9#post-631790
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-10#post-650924
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-10#post-653147
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-11#post-659220
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-11#post-665990
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/show-your-agrarian-skies-world.43639/page-11#post-673736 - The 3 AE connections for water have been removed from this and changed to lots and lots of drain blocks, 50 mariculture tanks, 40ish aqueous accumulators, and lots of fluiducts.

I have a very tiny 5x5 dark room at the moment. It provides me with a trickle of mob drops. I'm just finishing up my first mob spawner room, and working on my second.

Most of the other build posts in the thread no longer exist as I've torn them down once I finally started building out my castle. I'll try and document a few of my other systems I've set up recently later today, once I am back home and can fire up minecraft.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
A few questions:

1) Pech spawning, will they spawn in light? I know they need a magical environment
2) Witches, how do you get them? I'm assuming there's some sneaky ex nilo way?
3) Blood Magic - whats the range for mobs being killed near the alter? Could I use an AutAct with the Knife to kill the mobs?
4) Thaumcraft - Is killing mobs to recharge my wand my only option early game?

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions:

1) Pech spawning, will they spawn in light? I know they need a magical environment
3) Blood Magic - whats the range for mobs being killed near the alter? Could I use an AutAct with the Knife to kill the mobs?

2: Dump priest villagers into witchwater to get a witch. Then net and autospawn.
3: Killed by the sacrificial sword? Three or four blocks away. AutAct's didn't work when I tried it.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions:

1) not as far as I've seen. I captured my only wild one after he spawned on the leaves of my Bloodwood tree, under my base. Used a spawner to make all others.

2) Purple robed villagers are priests IIRC. Throw a bucket of witch water on one.

3) dunno, sorry. It goes to the edge of the altar, so my tier 5 last map had a large valid killing field (and no blocks beyond). Not sure if it shrinks relative to the altar square footage.

4) How early? You can get a flight potion pretty early, and go find the nodes. Make a platform 2 blocks under, then you could put a warp book page to the node (or way points). Or just drop to Z-2 with water/rope ladder, then start building paths to the nodes near the void. Elevator/warp book down, and recharge as needed. Once you've got enough resources, you can node-in-a-jar them to your base.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks, I think it's time to make use of these villager spawn eggs, combined with a MFR spawning system and a sacrifice chamber under the altar, don't like the builds like DW20's with a mob spawner above the altar.

theomni

Jul 29, 2019
How many quests total should there be? Specifically in The End and Bragging Rights. I just managed to finish off For the Hoarding and now I'm at 0 quests available for completion, but The End is only 87% and Bragging Rights is only 66%. I don't see it now, but I recall that some quests require a secret item to be crafted to unlock it, but I thought that was just the Bragging Rights ones.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I think it's time to make use of these villager spawn eggs, combined with a MFR spawning system and a sacrifice chamber under the altar, don't like the builds like DW20's with a mob spawner above the altar.
AgSky facts: Witches regen faster than the ritual can kill them. Nametags keep them from despanwning.

Reactions: YX33A

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions:

Actually, keeping a primal charm in your inventory slowly recharges your wand, and can also unlock certain research.

Reactions: YX33A

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
he's also screwing himself out of a lot of LP with the well cause the mobs get damaged by the fall first