Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, so Pechs. Any special voodoo to get them to spawn? I've built a limestone platform/darkroom (2 blocks height to stop endermen spawning) over in a magical forest biome, and none have yet appeared (not any wisps). Am I just being impatient?

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
I entended up changing the pump's location and now it seems to be working. Still Dont get what happened but oh well.

Anyway got a couple questions again ^^. Soo just started thaumcraft today and got some questions:
- do greatwoods trees drop saplings? I used a harvester on it and got no sapling...wondering if they just Dont drop saplings or I should try with a tool with fortune or looting
- whats the point of the aura nodes with non-primal aspects? Ive found nodes with compound aspects and i cant use them to recharge the wand...are they just for research?
- about the infusion altar...where can essence be pulled from? Just jars or also alambiques and stuff like that? Also, about instability...does everythig count towards it? Or just crystals, candles, and heads? I mean, if i have a research table for ex on one side of the altar do i need another on the other side?
- another thing about instability. While trying to craft a greatwood sapling i got a ton of it, and buckets of witch water started falling from the pedestals - should I get them and put it back on the pedestal? Or just leave them there, in the ground!? Also, is There a way to stop an infusión once it has started (aside from breaking the matrix)?
- what does the taint do? Ive had it once or twice (crucible/altar) but it doesnt seem to do much...?
- and last, finally ;), with relation to the altar, whats the best place to put nodes? On top of it, below it...? Or it doesnt matter at all?

Thanks a lot in advance!! Ive been trying to search it but its all soo confusing >_<

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so Pechs. Any special voodoo to get them to spawn? I've built a limestone platform/darkroom (2 blocks height to stop endermen spawning) over in a magical forest biome, and none have yet appeared (not any wisps). Am I just being impatient?
Yeah, they're pretty rare. It took me a while to get one even with cursed earth so it will probably take a lot longer with a normal darkroom.

I entended up changing the pump's location and now it seems to be working. Still Dont get what happened but oh well.

Anyway got a couple questions again ^^. Soo just started thaumcraft today and got some questions:
- do greatwoods trees drop saplings? I used a harvester on it and got no sapling...wondering if they just Dont drop saplings or I should try with a tool with fortune or looting
- whats the point of the aura nodes with non-primal aspects? Ive found nodes with compound aspects and i cant use them to recharge the wand...are they just for research?
- about the infusion altar...where can essence be pulled from? Just jars or also alambiques and stuff like that? Also, about instability...does everythig count towards it? Or just crystals, candles, and heads? I mean, if i have a research table for ex on one side of the altar do i need another on the other side?
- another thing about instability. While trying to craft a greatwood sapling i got a ton of it, and buckets of witch water started falling from the pedestals - should I get them and put it back on the pedestal? Or just leave them there, in the ground!? Also, is There a way to stop an infusión once it has started (aside from breaking the matrix)?
- what does the taint do? Ive had it once or twice (crucible/altar) but it doesnt seem to do much...?
- and last, finally ;), with relation to the altar, whats the best place to put nodes? On top of it, below it...? Or it doesnt matter at all?

Thanks a lot in advance!! Ive been trying to search it but its all soo confusing >_<

-Yes, greatwoods do drop saplings but they're rarer than other trees now (they used to be more common in the past TwT ).
-Once unlocked in your Thauminomicon, you can make a charging pedestal for your wand, and then an addon to it that breaks down compound aspects into primals for it.
-Just jars. I think just heads and things but I'm not 100% sure.
At the very least you would just need another solid block mirroring the table. It's probably best to move it elsewhere so you have room for the stabilizers (candles, heads, and crystals) and jars
-YES. If things fall off, you must put them back on. It's the instability knocking them off. The crafting is essentially put on hold, wasting essentia until you do. Always have extra essentia just in case because of this. Use hoppers to automatically replace them to make things easier if you want.
Take the central object out to stop infusion.
-Taint taints :p
(you can't use it for anything but it poisons you if you touch it and turns the biome in
-Wherever they look good ;), the altar doesn't need nodes for anything

Last edited:

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some problems with the ender thermic pump.

I went to the Nether, found a nice lava lake and placed the pump just above the lava, like you are supossed to (ie, theres a cobblestone between the pump and the lava). So far so good.

I placed a tesseract sending energy and receiving fluids, and at first it brought lava normally.

However it suddenly stopped pumping lava. I returned to the Nether, broke the pump and placed it again and the same thing happened: work at first then suddenly stopped.

I did this several times, but now nothing pumps. Im testing right now Just in the Nether (pump, fluiduct, tank) and nothing is happening. Anyone has any idea why this may he happening?

(Btw, the pump has energy, There are still lava source blocks -the stone only covered the lava coming from these lava waterfalls, the fluiduct is well set...)
Is the bottom surface touching the top of the lava layer. Sounds like you have a cobblestone in the way

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody used infusion crafting to get Greatwood? That recipe/spell looks very, very nasty. If there is any easier way I want to know it.
i have done it and its not that bad. just have lots of skulls around it. just dont be scared and make sure you have some backup items because they most likely will drop / get destroyed.

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to go into the nether to get imp hides for crafting cow eggs, then do what i did. make a lit 3x3 fenced in area with grass out north of your platform (so you get out of the desert area), then proceed to kill all non cow passives that spawn out there as soon as they show up, it won't take long before you either have loads of meat, or a pair of cow's.
i did this with a 5x5 but i put it in the jungle biome :( so many cats. i hate them. The cats are loud annoying like to breed and stomp on my crops. and you don't need to fence it in.

herobrinejr59

Jul 29, 2019
got food problems? use this set up:
i have 2 screenshots of the golems menu. 1 of the golem that i cant open its menu. 1 of the set up. 2014-07-10_18.57.32.png 2014-07-10_18.57.39.png 2014-07-10_18.57.49.png 2014-07-10_18.56.29.png 2014-07-10_18.56.43.png

Yes im in creative mode but this is all legit. i just like to go into creative mode to take screenshots and stuff so i can fly for better angles and stuff.

(plants are carrots. 5x5 dirt. hungry chest not needed i just didn't know where to put it. sprinkler from openblocks in the middle. glass microblock above it (not needed). The fez and hat is not needed i just wanted to make my golems look cool.)

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
i did this with a 5x5 but i put it in the jungle biome :( so many cats. i hate them. The cats are loud annoying like to breed and stomp on my crops. and you don't need to fence it in.
You do if you don't want the idiots to fall off before you get to them. Or if you don't want cats escaping and wrecking your base. :p

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the answers!

At the very least you would just need another solid block mirroring the table. It's probably best to move it elsewhere so you have room for the stabilizers (candles, heads, and crystals) and jars

Sure about this? Just candles heads and crystals?? I think I read some where that nodes also affected the stability..?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the answers!

Sure about this? Just candles heads and crystals?? I think I read some where that nodes also affected the stability..?
Nodes and nitor used to affect stability, but not since the 4.1 update

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I read in a protip or sum such that you could use blank QDS blocks as Trashcans for itemduct terminus. I've had no problems with this until recently when my Bloodwood farm stopped. Moved the QDS dump connection to an actual Trashcan and the Harvester started working again. Unsure where the problem lies as none of the nearby itemducts were showing as 'stuffed'.

edit: This is actually something to do with how the itemduct network sees/does not see inventories and/or route calculation. I discussed the problem with CoFH members and based on my description I was told it was a chunk unloading error. Not so. All my base is still within Spawn-loaded chunks [unless those are changed by Jaded]. Even so, I torqued up my chunkloader to '11' and saw the problem again. As soon as I added/moved a terminus after the last valid inventory, poof no more tubes getting stuffed. Itemducts ain't too smart it seems.

Hopefully all this will go away when I switch over to a more centralized storage system.

Last edited:

Zptwin3

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me set up an AG Skies server, I am using a server host company named Minecrafted ( They say that they allow FTB jars/Custom jars ) its uses Multicraft, But I cannot seem the figure out how to make the server work. I was wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks :D

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I read in a protip or sum such that you could use blank QDS blocks as Trashcans for itemduct terminus. I've had no problems with this until recently when my Bloodwood farm stopped. Moved the QDS dump connection to an actual Trashcan and the Harvester started working again. Unsure where the problem lies as none of the nearby itemducts were showing as 'stuffed'.

Probably best to use a trashcan anyway, the QDS thing is more of a "bug" exploitation than an actual feature, I think.

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me set up an AG Skies server, I am using a server host company named Minecrafted ( They say that they allow FTB jars/Custom jars ) its uses Multicraft, But I cannot seem the figure out how to make the server work. I was wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks :D
I find it best if I have a problem with my server to ask my host how to fix it. They are being paid? to host it for you so this should be part of the service.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something I noticed when I was waiting for pech's to spawn, is that the minimap doesn't allow them to show up on radar until you go very close to them (too close for spawning range) if that's what you're using to look for them.

And also their AI doesn't make it easy to find them, they will run away from you unless you're their friend

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
When I logged on yesterday, I wandered over to my dark room, and behold. A pech. Crazy. Few stacks of gold ingots later spread among various Pech clones, still no Silverwood saplings, but plenty of other Thaum stuff. Got just the one sapling from the quest reward. Chances of getting more saplings from it - slim.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
When I logged on yesterday, I wandered over to my dark room, and behold. A pech. Crazy. Few stacks of gold ingots later spread among various Pech clones, still no Silverwood saplings, but plenty of other Thaum stuff. Got just the one sapling from the quest reward. Chances of getting more saplings from it - slim.
What kind of a pech was it? Iirc only foragers can give Silverwood saplings as "reward"

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that when I traded shiny blocks, no Silverwood. But when I started trading Diamond blocks (12+ lucrum), I started getting them all the time in trade.