Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone one give me some good ideas for a mining laser setup. I find that I just can't seem to give it enough power even with only one pre-charger.
Get a Big Reactors turbine going. You should have plenty of gold blocks to surround the shaft with for the magneto, at least starting off. Later you can upgrade to something better, like enderium. For steam, you can feed water into a high oven or an actively-cooled reactor. The turbine should have a fluid outlet port so it can return the steam as water.

Alternately, just make a big reactor and worry about steam later. A five-rod reactor at least three blocks high inside, cooled with energized glowstone, should produce enough RF to adequately power one precharger.

EDIT: And after replying, I see the problem wasn't generating the power, it was getting that power out of the reactor. Ah, well.

Last edited:

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some problems with the ender thermic pump.

I went to the Nether, found a nice lava lake and placed the pump just above the lava, like you are supossed to (ie, theres a cobblestone between the pump and the lava). So far so good.

I placed a tesseract sending energy and receiving fluids, and at first it brought lava normally.

However it suddenly stopped pumping lava. I returned to the Nether, broke the pump and placed it again and the same thing happened: work at first then suddenly stopped.

I did this several times, but now nothing pumps. Im testing right now Just in the Nether (pump, fluiduct, tank) and nothing is happening. Anyone has any idea why this may he happening?

(Btw, the pump has energy, There are still lava source blocks -the stone only covered the lava coming from these lava waterfalls, the fluiduct is well set...)

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone one give me some good ideas for a mining laser setup. I find that I just can't seem to give it enough power even with only one pre-charger.
My set up is I have a tesseract on my big reactors power tap (they have infinite throughput between tesseracts) so then all around my base I have other tesseracts for the various networks of power
So, for my laser drill, I have a single tesseract sitting flush on the top of one of the prechargers (will supply its power in full no problem) and then have a loop of redstone energy conduit connecting two faces of the tesseract and the rest of the prechargers, which will happily supply the prechargers will full power. (two connections leading in = 20k RF/t distributed between three prechargers)

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

I went to the Nether, found a nice lava lake and placed the pump just above the lava, like you are supossed to (ie, theres a cobblestone between the pump and the lava). So far so good.

I placed a tesseract sending energy and receiving fluids, and at first it brought lava normally.

Heh, assume you mean "receiving energy and sending fluids". Edit: Doh! Misread. Scratch that.

Also, are you setup like this:

P
C
LLLLLL

or:

P
CLLLLL

I use my tesseract and pump on diagonal blocks, so I just need one fluiduct and one energy conduit. Plus then I can see the lava flowing. Yours should be fine, but without the conduit (tesseract and pump touching) and two fluiducts.

Last edited:

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019

However it suddenly stopped pumping lava. I returned to the Nether, broke the pump and placed it again and the same thing happened: work at first then suddenly stopped.

I did this several times, but now nothing pumps. Im testing right now Just in the Nether (pump, fluiduct, tank) and nothing is happening. Anyone has any idea why this may he happening?

(Btw, the pump has energy, There are still lava source blocks -the stone only covered the lava coming from these lava waterfalls, the fluiduct is well set...)
Is the fluiduct full of lava? That would imply that it doesn't have anywhere to go (meaning that the tesseract doesn't have a valid destination, or your stores are full).

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way (using like MineTweaker or such) to manually add missing orePlatinum entry for Mariculture's Crucible smelting list?
I'm kinda impatient to wait for fix to that bug <link> and would like to try fixing it myself if it's just a matter of fiddling with configs.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there a way (using like MineTweaker or such) to manually add missing orePlatinum entry for Mariculture's Crucible smelting list?
I'm kinda impatient to wait for fix to that bug <link> and would like to try fixing it myself if it's just a matter of fiddling with configs.
Yep, would be quite easy.

The basic syntax is

oreDict.myAnyIngot.add(item.ingotIron);

So myAnyIngot will be the oreDictonary name you want, (NEI will tell you that). Then the item ID or item name in the brackets.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, would be quite easy.

The basic syntax is

oreDict.myAnyIngot.add(item.ingotIron);

So myAnyIngot will be the oreDictonary name you want, (NEI will tell you that). Then the item ID or item name in the brackets.
Won't that just add oreDict entry?
How will Mari Crucible "know" what to do with that new entry?

Platinum Ore Dust (3757:2) already has oreDict entry named "orePlatinum", it is Mari Cruci that doesnt smelt this block only.
It smelts other sorts of platinum just fine. That's what i want to fix.

Atm I am trying to use those lines i found:
Code:
#fix limestone smelting
furnace.addRecipe(<1054:5>, <1054:3>);
furnace.addRecipe(<14756:1>, <3404:0>);
furnace.addRecipe(<9155:0>, <3757:2>);
I added bottom line but it doesnt seem to work and I can't get enough data about how minetweaker works to dig deeper into that :C

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Won't that just add oreDict entry?
How will Mari Crucible "know" what to do with that new entry?

Platinum Ore Dust (3757:2) already has oreDict entry named "orePlatinum", it is Mari Cruci that doesnt smelt this block only.
It smelts other sorts of platinum just fine. That's what i want to fix.

Atm I am trying to use those lines i found:
Code:
#fix limestone smelting
furnace.addRecipe(<1054:5>, <1054:3>);
furnace.addRecipe(<14756:1>, <3404:0>);
furnace.addRecipe(<9155:0>, <3757:2>);
I added bottom line but it doesnt seem to work and I can't get enough data about how minetweaker works to dig deeper into that :C
Don't know really about Mariculture, it's a bit of a pointless mod in Arg Skies, there's no need for it (apart from that one late quest for titanium) and don't use it myself. All the mods though should work with OreDict, so it knows what is what. Check the other platinum (side note, there's more than one in arg skies? I only know of TE Shiny) entries that Mari does know about, compare it's oreDict registration against the one that doesn't work. There might be an additional "duplicated" platinum entry which Mari uses.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know really about Mariculture, it's a bit of a pointless mod in Arg Skies, there's no need for it (apart from that one late quest for titanium) and don't use it myself. All the mods though should work with OreDict, so it knows what is what. Check the other platinum (side note, there's more than one in arg skies? I only know of TE Shiny) entries that Mari does know about, compare it's oreDict registration against the one that doesn't work. There might be an additional "duplicated" platinum entry which Mari uses.

Mariculture knows, recognizes and uses:
ingotPlatinum
nuggetPlatinum
blockPlatinum
dustPlatinum

There is two Platinums
Thermal Expansion's
ExNihilo's

There is also two molten versions
moltenPlatinum
moltenShiny

There is NO orePlatinum entry anywhere. Thus the 3757:2 Platinum Ore Dust registered as orePlatinum is not recognized by Mariculture. But Tinkers' Smeltery somehow knows about it.
I wanted to use Mari Cruci for my ore doubling and this one particular thing bothers me to unbelivable extent :/

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So you need:

oreDict.dustPlatinum.add(<3757:2>);

then hopefully Mari will then understand that 3757:2 is platnium dust and produce whatever platinum output it's crucible produces. Can't actually check myself in my world (at work... naughty me :p)

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
So you need:

oreDict.dustPlatinum.add(<3757:2>);

then hopefully Mari will then understand that 3757:2 is platnium dust and produce whatever platinum output it's crucible produces. Can't actually check myself in my world (at work... naughty me :p)

That does the trick, but the output is the same as I got.
You register the PlatinumOreDust as dustPlatinum, I registered it as ingotPlatinum - both result in Cruci giving 144mB of molten Plat, which is only 1 ingot instead 2 :/

I'm trying to figure out a way to increase the outcome, http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Furnace
But Idk if it's possible.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, the dust block. Yeah, registering it as a dust or ingot will only result in 144mb. Since there's no actual platinum/shiny ore in TE3, I doubt Mari has been coded to deal with an ore version for doubling. I think you'll just have to live with the one ingot.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, my world just has 1 gravel/sand/dust sifter setup which sends the drops into various normal Tinkers Smelteries and I have more platinum then I'd ever need.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I only add melting for ingots and dust by default.
You can add platinum to the Crucible furnace with ModTweaker just put one the following in a minetweaker script, replacing where applicable.

mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(temperature, item, fluid);
mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(temperature, item, fluid, bonusItem, bonusChance);

(The way the recipes work in 1.6, you can just put one of the blocks, and it'll accept any orePlatinum or whatever).

Reactions: mohrad and Golrith

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I only add melting for ingots and dust by default.
You can add platinum to the Crucible furnace with ModTweaker just put one the following in a minetweaker script, replacing where applicable.

mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(temperature, item, fluid);
mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(temperature, item, fluid, bonusItem, bonusChance);

(The way the recipes work in 1.6, you can just put one of the blocks, and it'll accept any orePlatinum or whatever).

Thank You!

So, I have to run through all the configs of minetweaker folder and add those or is it enough if I add it to something seemingly relevant like "Mariculture.cfg" or "main.cfg" (inside the "minetweaker" folder ofcourse).

Edit:
Well, nvm - I'm gonna try and see.

Edit2:
Well, I suck with minetweaker. Im trying various methods using Joshie's github branch for Mod Tweaker and official Minetweaker wiki with no results whatsoever >.>
I'm trying to add

mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(1768, <3757:2>, fluid.platinum.molten)

to mariculture.cfg at minetweaker folder.

Last edited:

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Did you add the ; to the end of the line?
Yeah.

Strange thing is, I restarted the minecraft each time i tried to add/remove/alter the script line just to make sure the "/minetweaker reload" isn't playing on me, because I am quite sure that the line:
mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(1768, <3757:2>, <3198>);

Is correct...
Then I read about setting myself as "admin" for minetweaker to see in-game debug print.
So I added myself to the admin list and boom... it all worked .-.

It does melt now, shows the awesome NEi-integrated tooltip when Cruci is open and everything, but it gives me only 1mB per ore dust block xD
Guess I don't understand minetweaker at all...

Edit:
/minetweaker liquid 3198
returns
fluid.platinum.molten
If I do
mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(1768, items.crowley.skyblock.platinum_dust, fluid.platinum.molten * 288);
Then I get the error:
no such fluid: fluid.platinum

Found a Solution!
At minetweaker folder at mariculture.cfg
Code:
mods.mariculture.crucible.addMelting(1768, items.crowley.skyblock.platinum_dust, fluids.platinum.molten * 288);

Last edited: