Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauletes

Jul 29, 2019
I've had chest to chest with the ex nihilo dusts. But never had that error. And the blocks didn't cause it either.
going to try tomorow all the ex nihilo drops 1 by one to look for it :\

thanks for the helps's anyway

lets see if anyone got anymore news

cyas all tomorow

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible. I've done it, but I won't help you take the idea and JadedCats hard work for your own pack.

On a side note, it is extremely more grindy if you have a void nether. Have you tried the compressed dirt quest without the ender quarry in the nether?

I don't even know where to begin with replying to this...

I've pointed out several faults with the multiplayer map that gave certain teams on certain islands advantages over others. None of these issues seemed to have caused any concern, so I've done my own hand in making a more balanced multiplayer experience. It's just that, "Hey this one resource is going to be removed because it's too easy for an individual team to monopolize it, so the I would like to also edit the quest that requires that item."

Another thing I wanted to remove, for example, are the magical forest biomes. Some islands have them around and others don't. The ones that have them have a huge advantage at starting Thaumcraft by way of pech trading. The infusion for the greatwood tree sapling is obviously the way its meant to be done. THEN you complete that quest, get a silverwood sapling, and can make your own magical forest.

It's not like JadedCat, or any FTB packs, are released with 100% intention to remain as is and completely uncustomizable. Not every player and server owner likes the default configuration to everything. I'm not even editing the pack per-se. I'm editing the map and a config setting. The pack will still most definitely be Agrarian Skys by JadedCat, a pack which rivals none others in how much I have enjoyed it thus far.

If anything, for a challenging map such as this, I feel like support to small changes people want to make that make it even more challenging should be welcomed with open arms. I want to make such a modification, but something is failing when I attempt to do so. This is the most suitable and appropriate place I could think of to ask for help.

To answer your question, I have completed the map and have done compressed dirt by way of barrels. I heard about the bore trick, but I didn't like the idea of using it since it's quite obviously an exploit. The dirt left by the ender quarry isn't intended to be mined. In my opinion, honestly, to do that feels in line with intentionally performing the fluid duplication exploit via fluiducts.

Actually, I just had an idea to throw out, if it's possible: make the ender quarry turn mined blocks into something worthless like green stained clay instead of something valuable like dirt ^_^.

Anyways, I digress. The worst case situation is I don't end up being able to edit that quests but I already have a solution to that. I would just prefer to do it that way.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I've pointed out several faults with the multiplayer map that gave certain teams on certain islands advantages over others. None of these issues seemed to have caused any concern, so I've done my own hand in making a more balanced multiplayer experience. It's just that, "Hey this one resource is going to be removed because it's too easy for an individual team to monopolize it, so the I would like to also edit the quest that requires that item."

Another thing I wanted to remove, for example, are the magical forest biomes. Some islands have them around and others don't. The ones that have them have a huge advantage at starting Thaumcraft by way of pech trading. The infusion for the greatwood tree sapling is obviously the way its meant to be done. THEN you complete that quest, get a silverwood sapling, and can make your own magical forest.

It might be better to use MC eddit and give all the islands identical biom arrays.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019

The reason I wont help you with that, is I'm not sure if the HQM data is transferred to client. which means every player on your server would need to download your specific Questing File.
This would cause further confusion when your players come to threads like this, and complain about not being able to do something, hence its not Agrarian Skies, but a spin off.
Even further problems will come up, as you will always be behind the changelog as you would then need to re-edit your file whenever Jaded changes hers.

I think @Jadedcat will be the final decision on this, i'm just trying to humbly guess what her great mind thinks like (Well I tried)

Edit:
Editing the map is a completely different kettle of fish, go for it

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I wont help you with that, is I'm not sure if the HQM data is transferred to client. which means every player on your server would need to download your specific Questing File.
This would cause further confusion when your players come to threads like this, and complain about not being able to do something, hence its not Agrarian Skies, but a spin off.
Even further problems will come up, as you will always be behind the changelog as you would then need to re-edit your file whenever Jaded changes hers.

I think @Jadedcat will be the final decision on this, i'm just trying to humbly guess what her great mind thinks like (Well I tried)

Edit:
Editing the map is a completely different kettle of fish, go for it

By default, the quests are given to the client from the server itself :p

Code:
# If this is set to true, the server will send the quests to clients connecting to it.
B:ServerSync=true

I'd love to figure this out but I have a different solution in mind if it isn't possible or allowed :)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It's not like JadedCat, or any FTB packs, are released with 100% intention to remain as is and completely uncustomizable. Not every player and server owner likes the default configuration to everything. I'm not even editing the pack per-se. I'm editing the map and a config setting. The pack will still most definitely be Agrarian Skys by JadedCat, a pack which rivals none others in how much I have enjoyed it thus far.

Um actually... yes Ag SKies is released with 100% intent for it not to be modified. Thats why the quests are encrypted and uneditable. Its why it says modifying this pack is not supported. Yes there are a few exploits. No I can't fix all of them. This pack is aimed at single player. The next pack I am making is aimed at SMP. This one however has SMP as a fun addon, that's not its intent.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

dragon123own

Jul 29, 2019
I just think I should report this. I am at version 3.1.1.

When I start an Argrarian Skies server it keeps prompting "Can't keep up, did the system time change....".
When that happens the server lags for 2 seconds. It happens exactly every 45 seconds.

The only way I know to solve this is by deleting the HQM file in the world folder "Players.dat".
!Be carefull, you lose all your quest progress by doing this.!

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem, but this is how I fixed it.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

[snip]

To answer your question, I have completed the map and have done compressed dirt by way of barrels. I heard about the bore trick, but I didn't like the idea of using it since it's quite obviously an exploit. The dirt left by the ender quarry isn't intended to be mined. In my opinion, honestly, to do that feels in line with intentionally performing the fluid duplication exploit via fluiducts.

Actually, I just had an idea to throw out, if it's possible: make the ender quarry turn mined blocks into something worthless like green stained clay instead of something valuable like dirt

Holy cow...really? Your first sentence is ironic, IMHO. Ms. JadedCat already given her opinion on AS, so that question is answered. Your opinion about the packs remaining as-is? That goes completely against the idea of a launcher distributed mod pack (i.e: ALL the public FTB modpacks), and clients using the FTB launcher. If EVERYONE who will be playing on your server decides on changes, and is able to implement them themselves, more power to you. But then it's most definitely NOT "Agrarian Skies by JadedCat" any longer. You'd have forked the modpack, which is its own can of worms I won't get into replying from my phone. Confession...I ran into a similar problem wanting to add ProjectRed to a shared SMP server running a different FTB mod pack...but the other folks playing didn't want to mess with manual mods, and vetoed that idea.

Your idea of the quarry placing a block other than dirt is interesting IMO, but knowing that was a method that could be used for the quest may have been already known by JadedCat. For all we know, working smarter, not harder could certainly be her thought process. :)

OTOH, that's not even getting into the technical details of what would be needed to modify the EnderQuarry's behavior.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Um actually... yes Ag SKies is released with 100% intent for it not to be modified. Thats why the quests are encrypted and uneditable. Its why it says modifying this pack is not supported. Yes there are a few exploits. No I can't fix all of them. This pack is aimed at single player. The next pack I am making is aimed at SMP. This one however has SMP as a fun addon, that's not its intent.

Alrighty, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Since I know it's just not possible to do, I'm not gonna invest anymore time or effort into it.

My goal was simply to edit the MP map a bit to bring a bit more balance if there would be multiple teams playing. I've done my best to accomplish that. There's consequences due to trying to force something made for single player to be for multiplayer, but I'll just deal with them when I get to them.

This is still easily my most favorite mod pack ever, and I have the utmost respect at what you've created and accomplished. I hope you don't view my attempt at trying to change something as disrespectful or malicious. :3

Reactions: pjfranke

Im_A_PC

Jul 29, 2019
I hag gone fairly far in agrarian skies when at one random time, I tried to pick up a bucket of water with a clay bucket and the game closed out suddenly without warning. I reopened Agrarian Skies (Using the up to date FTB Launcher) and saw that my save had been deleted. I decided to check out the .minecraft folder and I found that my save was still there, but the game did not recognize that it was there. What happened to crash it and is there any way that I can rescue my world? (I have a folder for the save, the game just wont recognize its there).

I dug in the .minecraft folder and found the crash report. This is it.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 7/6/14 11:06 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: value already present: net.minecraftforge.fluids.Fluid@1e45e5c
at com.google.common.collect.HashBiMap.put(HashBiMap.java:241)
at com.google.common.collect.HashBiMap.put(HashBiMap.java:218)
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.lookupFluidForBlock(FluidRegistry.java:152)
at iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.items.ClayBucket.func_77659_a(ClayBucket.java:69)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77957_a(ItemStack.java:177)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73085_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:358)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72472_a(NetServerHandler.java:542)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet15Place.func_73279_a(SourceFile:58)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:141)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
There was a more detailed report to follow if that would help.

Thank you for your time.

D

Deleted member 38496

True. But dirt in the Nether is a perfect spot for the Blood Magic Spells. And is much faster than 100 barrels at max speed.

Edit: autocorrect
Wait, how do you do dirt with Blood Magic? Clearly I have some automating to be doing soon.

Zenthere

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jadedcat! Thanks for all the hard work.

Can you give some pointers for debugging into why some people are getting crashes from memory issues. I'll gladly dig in and provide more info if needed. This is on 3.1.1. I have a pretty beefy machine, and when it's working well I get 120 fps. I have the Launcher set to use 3 GB of memory, and i do not have the optimizations checked Though i tried it with checked as well.

Client logs is flooded with this message: [CLIENT] [WARNING] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets ((snipped))

and the crash reports show:

Time: 7/6/14 10:59 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 13, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75144_a(SourceFile:207)
at invtweaks.forge.PacketHandler.onClickPacket(PacketHandler.java:46)
at invtweaks.forge.PacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketHandler.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:85)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72501_a(NetServerHandler.java:1130)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:141)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:54)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75144_a(SourceFile:207)
at invtweaks.forge.PacketHandler.onClickPacket(PacketHandler.java:46)
at invtweaks.forge.PacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketHandler.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:85)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72501_a(NetServerHandler.java:1130)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:61)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler@59d32045
Stacktrace:

Ichiban_Dashi

Jul 29, 2019
Are Sands and Gravels no longer accepted in the High Oven? It now refuses to melt them, it's only melting dusts... Don't tell me I now need more autonomous activators and have 18 extra assemblers? :(

I'm having the same dilemma after upgrading my small server from AS 2.1.7 to 3.1.1 :(. Ex Nihilo ore gravels/sands are no longer melting in the High Oven. I had a system similar to Evelyne's (based off of Direwolf20 and Pahimar's design: 2.1.x Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest {Tech} {RPG} {Hardcore} {Skyblock})

I understand that the gravels and ores were removed from the ore dictionary to prevent an exploit. Could this have broken the ability to smelt with the High Oven?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same dilemma after upgrading my small server from AS 2.1.7 to 3.1.1 :(. Ex Nihilo ore gravels/sands are no longer melting in the High Oven. I had a system similar to Evelyne's (based off of Direwolf20 and Pahimar's design: 2.1.x Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest {Tech} {RPG} {Hardcore} {Skyblock})

I understand that the gravels and ores were removed from the ore dictionary to prevent an exploit. Could this have broken the ability to smelt with the High Oven?

I didn't know they ever worked in the high oven. I hope that this is a bug and a fixable one at that.

Ichiban_Dashi

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know they ever worked in the high oven. I hope that this is a bug and a fixable one at that.
The ore sands and gravels were working fine in 2.1.7 (I verified by reloading my world back into version 2.1.7). I'm sure that, between 2.1.7 and 3.1.1, the gravels/sands were removed with MineTweaker. I can see lines were added to "config/minetweaker/OreDict.cfg" to remove the Ex Nihilo ores that can be exploited. What's puzzling to me is that the gravels/sands appear to work fine in a Smeltery, but not the High Oven. I would much rather use a single High Oven to smelt all my ores so I don't need to make multiple Smelteries to prevent creating alloys.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
The ore sands and gravels were working fine in 2.1.7 (I verified by reloading my world back into version 2.1.7). I'm sure that, between 2.1.7 and 3.1.1, the gravels/sands were removed with MineTweaker. I can see lines were added to "config/minetweaker/OreDict.cfg" to remove the Ex Nihilo ores that can be exploited. What's puzzling to me is that the gravels/sands appear to work fine in a Smeltery, but not the High Oven. I would much rather use a single High Oven to smelt all my ores so I don't need to make multiple Smelteries to prevent creating alloys.
Works fine for me,
3.1.1 and I just dumped 12 Aluminium Ore Dust into the High Oven with no issues

Ichiban_Dashi

Jul 29, 2019
Works fine for me,
3.1.1 and I just dumped 12 Aluminium Ore Dust into the High Oven with no issues

Yes, the dust versions of the ores work fine. The gravel and sand versions do not.
Let's use aluminum as an example:
Aluminum Ore Gravel (3750) will not smelt
Aluminum Ore Sand (3750:1) will not smelt
Aluminum Ore Dust (3750:2) smelts correctly
This applies to all the ore varieties (i.e. iron, gold, copper, tin, etc.)

This forces you to process all the gravel and sand versions into dust before they can be processed in a High Oven. Whereas in 2.1.7 you were not forced to process them into dust.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yes, the dust versions of the ores work fine. The gravel and sand versions do not.
Let's use aluminum as an example:
Aluminum Ore Gravel (3750) will not smelt
Aluminum Ore Sand (3750:1) will not smelt
Aluminum Ore Dust (3750:2) smelts correctly
This applies to all the ore varieties (i.e. iron, gold, copper, tin, etc.)

This forces you to process all the gravel and sand versions into dust before they can be processed in a High Oven. Whereas in 2.1.7 you were not forced to process them into dust.
That is because the high oven, apparently, only smelts stuff the is oreDictionary'ed to ore. Dusts are, Sand and gravel are not. They used to be, but, well, you should be able to see the problem with having an ore gravel, sand, and dust with the same ore dictionary tag plus having several items in AgSkies that can unify based on ore dictionary. Massive, massive exploit that I just realized for my own pack and closed.

Thanks to the magic or Modtweaker you could re-add ore gravel and ore sand to the stuff that the High Oven can smelt. I'm not sure if Jadedcat will bother, as it was a pita to do (btw, Jadedcat, if you'd like to borrow that code, I'd gladly send it to you, you would need the latest Modtweaker, though).

Honestly, though, thanks to the packager it isn't that big a deal to work around. One activator to place the ore gravel and sand, another to smack it with a hammer, the packager to make all the bits back into blocks and a bit of duct work to route things to their proper places. It is a neat challenge.

Reactions: Ichiban_Dashi

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That is because the high oven, apparently, only smelts stuff the is oreDictionary'ed to ore. Dusts are, Sand and gravel are not. They used to be, but, well, you should be able to see the problem with having an ore gravel, sand, and dust with the same ore dictionary tag plus having several items in AgSkies that can unify based on ore dictionary. Massive, massive exploit that I just realized for my own pack and closed.

Then dump the unifiers. AE should be able to use any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.