Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I just think I should report this. I am at version 3.1.1.

When I start an Argrarian Skies server it keeps prompting "Can't keep up, did the system time change....".
When that happens the server lags for 2 seconds. It happens exactly every 45 seconds.

The only way I know to solve this is by deleting the HQM file in the world folder "Players.dat".
!Be carefull, you lose all your quest progress by doing this.!

I don't know if I am the only one with this problem, but this is how I fixed it.

I'm suffering from this problem too. I really don't want to lose quest progress and am really regretting upgrading from 2.1.9 to 3.1.1. Things were running great before the upgrade. Been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I'm getting so much blog and chat lag. Not quite ready to give up quest progress though.

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
I'm suffering from this problem too. I really don't want to lose quest progress and am really regretting upgrading from 2.1.9 to 3.1.1. Things were running great before the upgrade. Been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I'm getting so much blog and chat lag. Not quite ready to give up quest progress though.
I don't know if this would apply to you but i had the same message, upon switching the server files to another drive on my computer the message stopped. It had something to do with minecraft auto saving.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I had issues the TE pipes in the newer versions. They get stopped up and cause crashes. So I just activated extra utility nodes and used that pipe system. No problems so far.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I had issues the TE pipes in the newer versions. They get stopped up and cause crashes. So I just activated extra utility nodes and used that pipe system. No problems so far.
The issue with TE Ducts was backstuffing. disable that in the Config.

The reason Extra Utilities Transfer nodes/pipes were disabled is its too cheap and easy to get cobble

Alexpalex

Jul 29, 2019
The latest update seems to be laggier then previous versions. Not talking about FPS, I'm talking about the game refusing to communicate.

Full Story:
So I completed one of the early quests and get the forestry wood reward. My inventory was pretty clunky and some of them got thrown into the ground.
And so I opened the strongbox in the house to put the wood in. But when I put it in they wood I was over didn't want to get picked up.
Now, 10 minutes later. I can safely say I just broke time completely. The game is reacting 5 seconds after me attempting to opening a chest.
Hunger doesen't go on. I can't eat. I can't break blocks because they just reappear 10 seconds later. Same with placing. I could go on. I have to create a new world because of this.

Now, the world was started that day so I didn't lose anything. The world has been deleted but this was still intresting. I have some screenshots but i feel like it's unecessary.
And looking at former post this update just seems to lag. I broke it completely however.

MetalMaggot46

Jul 29, 2019
Just started a new world and got to the "In the beginning..." quest. Quest log won't register that I've crafted the crook. I've crafted it multiple times with vanilla table, crafting station, shift-clicking NEI, not shift clicking. Even using "cheated" sticks/crook to try and troubleshoot. Manual detect also will not work.
2014_07_09_11_41_30.png

Murgurak

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening,

my girlfriend and I were playing Agrarian Skies (v3.1.1.) on a local LAN. I was not paying attention to the battery of my Laptop. So it died, while hosting the map, and it simply shut off with no warning. Now I can't reload the map we were playing. The game crashes everytime I try to do so. Other AgSk maps work fine.

Here's the report: http://pastebin.com/UmQxT3Ax

Could you please have a look at it and, if possible, tell me how I can fix the issue?

Thanks
Murgurak

Last edited:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening,

my girlfriend and I were playing Agrarian Skies (v3.1.1.) on a local LAN. I was not paying attention to the battery of my Laptop. So it died, while hosting the map, and it simply shut off with no warning. Now I can't reload the map we were playing. [snip]

Is AromaBackup active for you? You could roll back your game to the last backup, and shouldn't lose more than 1/2hr of progress. NOt the only solution, but one option.

Biobank

Jul 29, 2019
Just started a new world and got to the "In the beginning..." quest. Quest log won't register that I've crafted the crook. I've crafted it multiple times with vanilla table, crafting station, shift-clicking NEI, not shift clicking. Even using "cheated" sticks/crook to try and troubleshoot. Manual detect also will not work.
Throw the crook on the ground and then pick it back up this happens a lot later on in quest when items are obtained in stranger ways it doesn't recognize that you actually have it, crafting the item isn't actually necessary to complete just having it is. i had to do this for several quest. Hope this helps.

Stuienator

Jul 29, 2019
I am using version 3.1.1, whenever I search the uses of topiary grass, and cycle right once, or left twice, the game crashes and exits instantly

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I am using version 3.1.1, whenever I search the uses of topiary grass, and cycle right once, or left twice, the game crashes and exits instantly
I tried this on my SMP 3.1.1 and...nothing.
Didn't crash for me.
That "page" is the ex nihilo sieve for the Topiary Grass.
Double check your mod list, that you didn't add any, or update paste what the pack came out with.

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering how can i get Brainy Zombies , i had some on early patches but in this new ones i didn't saw any angry/brainy zombie, can someone help me?

For the Hoarding -> Monster Hunter -> Magical Beasties

Got 2 mob farms functional at same time also made a tower like purplementat uses, still nothing. Also read that cursed earth spawns them with a "common rate" on a 5x5 x3 also did it. Still nothing. I'm playing on v 3.1.1.

I can say that i'm stuck on that quest :x

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering how can i get Brainy Zombies , i had some on early patches but in this new ones i didn't saw any angry/brainy zombie, can someone help me?

For the Hoarding -> Monster Hunter -> Magical Beasties

Got 2 mob farms functional at same time also made a tower like purplementat uses, still nothing. Also read that cursed earth spawns them with a "common rate" on a 5x5 x3 also did it. Still nothing. I'm playing on v 3.1.1.

I can say that i'm stuck on that quest :x
I was the same.
I made a massive (40x40) unlit platform and flew around killing the mobs until I found an angry zombie...then I safari netted it.
You know the drill, autospawner etc

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
I was the same.
I made a massive (40x40) unlit platform and flew around killing the mobs until I found an angry zombie...then I safari netted it.
You know the drill, autospawner etc
you used any specific biome? my spawn is on the deep ocean xD

I even tried to make the famous castle in a desert biome. anyway you made the platform above the ground or u just build it like 40x40 anywhere xD sorry im just kinda desperated by now L

And how they really called?

Biobank

Jul 29, 2019

I even tried to make the famous castle in a desert biome. anyway you made the platform above the ground or u just build it like 40x40 anywhere xD sorry im just kinda desperated by now L

I have built 3 diff dark rooms so far 2 are not in use and the other is run on a grinder the biomes they are in are plains/river plains/swampland forest/swampland
all 3 of these have had them spawn the one i use now has a grinder setup so i dont see them in there but i have 14 brains in its chest so they do spawn in there all my dark rooms are really small 5x5 for the grinder

keep in mind the chest has only 14 brains but has over 4 stacks of bones/gunpowder and zombie meat so they are kinda rarer it seems

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019

Anywhere should be good. It was about Y=40
And they're called Angry Zombies.
Biome doesn't matter AFAIK on the server I'm playing I've got a total Ocean Biome for my 100x100 plot

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
Anywhere should be good. It was about Y=40
And they're called Angry Zombies.
Biome doesn't matter AFAIK on the server I'm playing I've got a total Ocean Biome for my 100x100 plot
just one more question, you are using the most recent version of agrarian skies?

Status
Not open for further replies.