Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I am having some severe problem with fishing - I am down to my last half hunger bar, and I cannot for the life of me (literally) get any more food. I have a fishing rod, but somehow it refuse to work on the 4x4 pools that are at the little houses in the agarian skies server map. It almost always hangs either some inche over the wate or straight up sinks. I have alread deepened the pool to be 2 tiles deep but that does not seem to help. am I doing something wrong? Is it no spawning source blocks below on the lower layer?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
It almost always hangs either some inche over the wate or straight up sinks. I have alread deepened the pool to be 2 tiles deep but that does not seem to help.

Right click straight up with the fishing rod when you're standing in the pool. The depth shouldn't matter.

It does take a while, though. Be patient.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I am having some severe problem with fishing - I am down to my last half hunger bar, and I cannot for the life of me (literally) get any more food. I have a fishing rod, but somehow it refuse to work on the 4x4 pools that are at the little houses in the agarian skies server map. It almost always hangs either some inche over the wate or straight up sinks. I have alread deepened the pool to be 2 tiles deep but that does not seem to help. am I doing something wrong? Is it no spawning source blocks below on the lower layer?
I recommend making it one high again, stand in the pool and do as the last comment said, cast directly upwards

it will land in the pool 100% of the time and also be able to get fish too.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help guy, got it now!

It's odd, really, I have been playing minecraft for years, but still had no idea how to fish - never bothered with it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Most recent derp, was setting up my smelters to process the materials from my automated sieves, go it all working nicely, then thought, hmm, why is that copper not draining out of the smeltery? Checked the controller and it was full of lava (similar colour to lava). Didn't notice that I'd made a connection between my lava pipeline and the drain block thingy.
Great fun changing my build to drain all that lava out again...

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Most recent derp, was setting up my smelters to process the materials from my automated sieves, go it all working nicely, then thought, hmm, why is that copper not draining out of the smeltery? Checked the controller and it was full of lava (similar colour to lava). Didn't notice that I'd made a connection between my lava pipeline and the drain block thingy.
Great fun changing my build to drain all that lava out again...

Make sure you have run off for blood, you may well (will) get mobs spawning inside the smeltery, the blood can choke the servo if you dont have any place for the blood to go.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Make sure you have run off for blood, you may well (will) get mobs spawning inside the smeltery, the blood can choke the servo if you dont have any place for the blood to go.
This sounds very.... Odd.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if this question fits with the topic, but since we have a topic here: Once you have set up all the bare necessities, how many trees do you set up for farming dirt? I am wondering if I should go and use up all my dirt to go straight to a cobble gen or plant some more trees to speed up dirt production (currently got 5).

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if this question fits with the topic, but since we have a topic here: Once you have set up all the bare necessities, how many trees do you set up for farming dirt? I am wondering if I should go and use up all my dirt to go straight to a cobble gen or plant some more trees to speed up dirt production (currently got 5).
Early game I didn't do much tree farming at all. I rushed to the watering can, and used that on a 3x3 carrot farm, which gave me more than enough for food and composting to progress further down the line (lava, cobblegen, etc.).

EpicPieGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Derp: i got a tuberous jetpack as a reward, and being the derp i am, went like, oh hey, lets try this out. Ended up with me being turned into a firework. FAIL. I totally forgot what those jetpacks did

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyone i could message for some help for agrarian skies? Im kinda a noob at these mods. Also, for Hell's kitchen, last time i checked, you had to turn in a bunch of each food, how come i only had to turn in one of each?

Derp: i got a tuberous jetpack as a reward, and being the derp i am, went like, oh hey, lets try this out. Ended up with me being turned into a firework FAIL. I totally forgot what those jetpacks did
Watch PurpleMentat's first and second series of Agrarian Skies on youtube.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Yeeees I finally got someone with that reward ... squeeee <3
I know that should make whats in your signature ("Pahimar: jaded is a sweet and innocent gal) seem to be not true...
But somehow it makes it seem all the more true xD

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Using a potato to fly doesn't sound safe at all does it? Good that i've seen Pahimar beforehand.
China doesnt really support youtube or google. :mad:

To sum up, Pahimar equipped the tuberous jetpack and tried to fly. It shot fireworks everywhere, and blew up a few seconds into flight. He had finished a bunch of other quests first though, and had a bunch of heart canisters already, so he didn't die. Without those extra heart canisters though, he would have.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
One of the planters in my farm wasn't working right, so I dug out a couple dirt blocks to fix it. (configuration error on my part.) Under these particular dirt blocks, I had ME cable and conduit, so I sank a bit lower than a block down. I couldn't jump out of the hole I was in. In any direction I dug, I was hitting more cable, and so still stuck. I really didn't want to dig up my farm full of crops just to get out, but I couldn't think of what else to do. Just then it dawned on me. Use my jetpack...