Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
My derp would be underestimating the MFR farming system. I'd had a 9x9 oak farm running for a bit, then added a second a bit later for leaves to compost. After ploughing through some more quests, patiently waiting for the oak number in my ME system to track the magical 100k mark (around 20k yesterday, steadily climbing the 40k scale today), I decided to look at these bee things, which need seed oil, which would need more farms.

I delayed for a little longer, before deciding to double my farms up again, use one of the new ones for wood, and one as a wheat farm. Then realised that wheat was a key part of MFR fertiliser, the other being bonemeal (which I was literally swimming in), so I thought I'd make a fertiliser to help things on a bit.

30 mins later (15 of which were setup), my 10 wheat seeds had grown to 1000, with 3000 wheat, and my wood count reached 52k before I went to go eat. I also had to make 2 "sludge" flowers (6 sludge boilers surrounding a tesseract emitting sludge and energy, and accepting items, designed to keep the process away from me) to deal with the sheer amount of sludge that the farms produced.

I'm expecting to come back tomorrow (server) swimming in wood, seeds and wheat, ready to make real progress in bees and Hell's Kitchen.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm expecting to come back tomorrow (server) swimming in wood, seeds and wheat, ready to make real progress in bees and Hell's Kitchen.

The industrial fertilizer recipe is a bit of a misdirection.
If you route your sewage (once down with smelly @#($) into composters they make provide all the fertilizer you need.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The industrial fertilizer recipe is a bit of a misdirection.
If you route your sewage (once down with smelly @#($) into composters they make provide all the fertilizer you need.
I was tempted to set my animals back up for that (I converted the area to a liquid protein one afterwards), but I decided against it, what with having lots of the ingredients, and all.

Coming back this morning, it seems that it ran out of string, so I'm setting a cotton farm up, as I don't need insane (or any, really) wood production anymore.

SteveTheWatcher

Jul 29, 2019
See what happens when Jaded lets people think? This is why we must constantly praise the road block and subsist on a diet of simple bread to please her greatness. :D

Perhaps you should invest in either some steel armor and weaps, or a grinder.
I don't think you understand the horror of hundreds of loose inferno air elemental :p I had full bound armor with a full archmage orb and I got killed in less than a minute. No joke.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Today's derp: While making heart canisters for Blood Magic, and with the golden apple recipe, I shift-clicked, rather than taking a small number out. The result being that I now have 50 big golden apples, and next to no gold >.<

I'd also like to say how surprised I am at how far through the bee line you can go before actually making a queen.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this counts as a derp, but... I decided my reactor wasn't big enough to deal with my power demand.
So I collected all my Energy Cells (my primary means of power pre-reactor: Portable Batteries charged at Magmatic Engines) hooked them up and filled them to have enough power while I rebuild the reactor.
Set my MAC to cook me some Cryotheum and reactor blocks and then I tear down the reactor to rebuild it.

While I am rebuilding the reactor, I suddenly see that my farms stopped working (I'm on the roof of a large hall) and I can no longer access the AE where most of my stuff is. I turn around and look towards the building I build on top of my Mac and wonder what happened. In the background I can see the beams of my (multiple) Laser Drills and suddenly I start to wonder: "Did I remember to switch these Drills OFF?"

No I didn't. One panicked Jetpackflight later the drills are deactivated and my dozen resonant energy Cells are all empty. I have no access to the AE-System where 90% of my stuff is stored, I do not have enough material at hand to finish the reactor and I don't have enough cryotheum prepared. Also, while I try to find a spare Energy cell somewhere on my map my Jetpack runs out of fuel.

Sitrep:
-Reactor: broken down and not enough material at hand to finish intended size (9x9x12+). Its a giant cube that's open at the top. A top I cant reach with an empty Jetpack. A top where mobs can spawn.
-Cryotheum: ~150 buckets available. Definitely not enough for what I need to fill
-Energy: I have one leftover Energy Cell with ~5M/10M RF that was powering my Mariculture Autofisher. Enough to start the AE up but not for long...
-Factoryhall: Pulverizers and Sieves still working overtime, but Items spilling everywhere since the Vac.Hoppers cant pick them up
-Mobfarm: Overflowing with Mobs since it was recently upgraded to Cursed Earth.
Verdict: SNAFU!

Took everything I needed from the AE after powering it with my Battery and put the remaining RF into the Jetpack. While it recharged I went to the Mobfarm and used my advanced Drawbridges (Rewardbag:D) to retract the Cursed Earth. For some reason it was very satisfying to watch ~25 mobs fall into the void. Used the Jetpack to fill as much of the reactor with Cryotheum as I could, them tore down enough of it to finish the cube (9x9x7). Only half of it is filled with cryothem, the rest is air, but I still powered it up. I think its very strange that the thing works without exploding and still produces 50% more RF then my old Reactor that was filled completely with coolant.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
you could have used a ME chest to get at your stuff in the ME system one storage cell at a time and pulled out your (backup magmatics) for quick power

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I assumed the chest also required power. Well, its more or less working right now, but I'll try that the next time.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
New one today.

Whatever you do, DON'T try to pull out of a Blood Magic altar with a filtered itemduct. That's world-killing crash material, right there.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
odd jaded did that and she was fine
Hmm. Might have been me trying to pull out a specific thing (imbued slates, as I recall) in their infusion cycle. Gave an error relating to crafting lookup and refused to start the server (or rather would start, until it loaded the altar, when it would crash). I'll sort out a bug report tomorrow.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Used the Jetpack to fill as much of the reactor with Cryotheum as I could, them tore down enough of it to finish the cube (9x9x7). Only half of it is filled with cryothem, the rest is air, but I still powered it up. I think its very strange that the thing works without exploding and still produces 50% more RF then my old Reactor that was filled completely with coolant.

Any blocks in the reactors interior that are not cardinally aligned with a fuel rod do NOT benefit from having coolant or any other block. I fill them with glass. I am making an 11x11x7 reactor - (which should produce ~22kRF/t at peak) - but my computed cryotheum cost is nominally 180 buckets, allthough I think I can get by with a mere 20 (by placing the cryotheum source blocks on top of glass pillars in the reactor, and "training" the flow to fill the rest of the space.(

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Any blocks in the reactors interior that are not cardinally aligned with a fuel rod do NOT benefit from having coolant or any other block. I fill them with glass. I am making an 11x11x7 reactor - (which should produce ~22kRF/t at peak) - but my computed cryotheum cost is nominally 180 buckets, allthough I think I can get by with a mere 20 (by placing the cryotheum source blocks on top of glass pillars in the reactor, and "training" the flow to fill the rest of the space.(

Dont you need a source block to benefit from the cooling?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
New one today.

Whatever you do, DON'T try to pull out of a Blood Magic altar with a filtered itemduct. That's world-killing crash material, right there.

That's very strange, I've done that numerous times with itemducts and translocators in my testing.

Reactions: Dezz and madnewmy

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
That's very strange, I've done that numerous times with itemducts and translocators in my testing.
Crash log is here. I'll post it to the Blood Magic MCF thread (can't find anywhere else to put it) as soon as I either remember my details, or decide to sign up again.

I just kinda figured that it was all "magical" and not supposed to be automated (a la TC4 crucible and infusion, or AM2 spell creation).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Crash log is here. I'll post it to the Blood Magic MCF thread (can't find anywhere else to put it) as soon as I either remember my details, or decide to sign up again.

I just kinda figured that it was all "magical" and not supposed to be automated (a la TC4 crucible and infusion, or AM2 spell creation).

Huh, that's weird. I know it is possible to automate slate production with itemducts, I've just never seen / heard of that happening before.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, that's weird. I know it is possible to automate slate production with itemducts, I've just never seen / heard of that happening before.
Fair enough. Might fire it up in a test world tomorrow, see if I can get it working. It would make my life MUCH easier.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if it's a derp, or I just had my expectations too high: The Bound Blade fails to impress. Enchanted with Sharpness V (and Looting III, though not relevant), it takes villagers to 1/2 a heart, which is fine, but I expected a one shot. My TiCo Longsword (with full quartz, and Manananam blade) does one shot villagers, Nether skellies, etc. Did I do something wrong, or is there a damage enchant I should add to make it more awesome? Also, does the energy blaster allow for collection of blood shards, or only the bound blade?

Oh, and I read somewhere there's a config to disable Ocelot spawning, but I forget where. Someone remind me?
Edit: Discovered the answer to the energy blaster :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Don't know if it's a derp, or I just had my expectations too high: The Bound Blade fails to impress. Enchanted with Sharpness V (and Looting III, though not relevant), it takes villagers to 1/2 a heart, which is fine, but I expected a one shot. My TiCo Longsword (with full quartz, and Manananam blade) does one shot villagers, Nether skellies, etc. Did I do something wrong, or is there a damage enchant I should add to make it more awesome? Also, does the energy blaster allow for collection of blood shards, or only the bound blade?

Sounds about right for the Bound Blade. And yes, the energy blaster should collect shards if it gets the weakness debuff on the target.