Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
Got a funny looking red Fishing Rod as one of the early quest rewards and thought "Cool! now i can fish better than with the vanilla one!".

As still on the start of the map went to the little top pond and threw the line up so it would fall correctly in the water...

...see the fishing rod going up instead of the line...
...spend the next seconds thinking "wait a minute..."

...boom...

Reactions: Wagon153

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Got a funny looking red Fishing Rod as one of the early quest rewards and thought "Cool! now i can fish better than with the vanilla one!".

As still on the start of the map went to the little top pond and threw the line up so it would fall correctly in the water...

...see the fishing rod going up instead of the line...
...spend the next seconds thinking "wait a minute..."

...boom...

imagine if people would record these situations... I could watch hours and hours of this kind of video material :p

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
imagine if people would record these situations... I could watch hours and hours of this kind of video material :p
Problem is, Reika won't give us a time machine, so we can go back to when it happened. :p
I mean, it's not like people are passively filming themselves watching wheat grow...

Honestly, I would make potatoes just to see them explode.

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019
Just make sure your spawn is properly set, one fall off the platform and there goes your lives. :)

It happened to me, therefore it can happen to you. ;)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get vines?

someone in need of vines? that's a new one... you get them from jungle trees with sheers. jungle tree sapling can be obtained from some fruit trees that have jungle leaves. you can get them by bonemealing/watering grass.

EpicPieGuy

Jul 29, 2019
someone in need of vines? that's a new one... you get them from jungle trees with sheers. jungle tree sapling can be obtained from some fruit trees that have jungle leaves. you can get them by bonemealing/watering grass.
I am aware of how to get jungle saplings, i just forgot that the 2x2 ones grow with vines on them.
I need the vines for my bees.

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make a Enderfarm.They teleported around and killed me 3 times before i turned to peacefull

Derp: i got a tuberous jetpack as a reward, and being the derp i am, went like, oh hey, lets try this out. Ended up with me being turned into a firework. FAIL. I totally forgot what those jetpacks did

This happend also a german youtuber.[2:33 if you want see that scene]

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
My most recent derp. I finally decided to give Blood Magic a try for no particular reason. Still haven't figured out why I want to use it except for the reason that I can. Found that beginner's guide by Padfoote - wonderful thing btw - and was able to do my lv1 and lv2 altars easily, np.

So, I thought I'd go on and do the level 3 altar. Well, I looked at the picture and started placing down the blocks and before you knew it, I had a setup that looked just like the picture. So I caught a couple of innocent bystanders and helped them over to the confinement chamber. Did the nasty to them and find that the gold block I put in the altar wouldn't change. Maybe there wasn't enough lp? So I start swigging the bottle and doing myself. Still nothing. So, I finally go get my little black 'book' and swing it at the altar and ...it's still a lvl2 altar? :eek:

And no matter how many times I check, it keeps saying level 2. Maybe the glowstones were too high? Nope. Maybe the square was too big? Nope. Maybe I needed more of those fancy stone things with the designs on them? Nope. Got so frustrated:mad: so I went back to that beginners guide and took a looonnng look at the picture. It looked exactly the same. I was about to give up on this thing.

Finally, the following words pop out of the guide and it said, ONE BLOCK DOWN.........:oops: opps.

Moral of the story? You really should read the guide that someone goes to great trouble to put together.

EpicPieGuy

Jul 29, 2019
My most recent derp. I finally decided to give Blood Magic a try for no particular reason. Still haven't figured out why I want to use it except for the reason that I can. Found that beginner's guide by Padfoote - wonderful thing btw - and was able to do my lv1 and lv2 altars easily, np.

So, I thought I'd go on and do the level 3 altar. Well, I looked at the picture and started placing down the blocks and before you knew it, I had a setup that looked just like the picture. So I caught a couple of innocent bystanders and helped them over to the confinement chamber. Did the nasty to them and find that the gold block I put in the altar wouldn't change. Maybe there wasn't enough lp? So I start swigging the bottle and doing myself. Still nothing. So, I finally go get my little black 'book' and swing it at the altar and ...it's still a lvl2 altar? :eek:

And no matter how many times I check, it keeps saying level 2. Maybe the glowstones were too high? Nope. Maybe the square was too big? Nope. Maybe I needed more of those fancy stone things with the designs on them? Nope. Got so frustrated:mad: so I went back to that beginners guide and took a looonnng look at the picture. It looked exactly the same. I was about to give up on this thing.

Finally, the following words pop out of the guide and it said, ONE BLOCK DOWN.........:oops: opps.

Moral of the story? You really should read the guide that someone goes to great trouble to put together.
You need blood magic for a set of quests

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
You need blood magic for a set of quests
Yeh, but I was kinda trying to figure out what else can it do for me other than the quest - like does it make it easier to do something? So far, I think the only purpose I have for it outside of questing would be to make more of those flight potions.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh, but I was kinda trying to figure out what else can it do for me other than the quest - like does it make it easier to do something? So far, I think the only purpose I have for it outside of questing would be to make more of those flight potions.
There's plenty you can do. The armor can make you effectively invincible (even to damage from the void), the tools are extremely (as in, be careful not to dig up your base in one hit powerful), it will make crops grow fast, make ores fall from the sky, and much more. It's worth investigating =)

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Also, in addition to what was said by the previous poster, the potions system is incredibly powerful, and not only for the flight potion
You can do things such as creating potions with multiple effects on them, do things such as splash poison level four, stop people from teleporting, reflecting and multiplying damage back to the attacker that ignores armour, and so much more.

EndermanMark

Jul 29, 2019
I've started today. My first mistake was that I haven't farmed food. (Hello new world.)

In the new world I've had no weapon. And... Creeper behind the doors. It took me about 10 minutes to safely eliminate him:
- First, I've waited for him to walk few blocks away.
- Then I've ran out.
- We've ran few rounds aroud the middle hole, trying to catch him with fishing rod.
- Finally, I've ran the last half-round to the higher part, and "right-clicked" him into the hole.

And my battle versus second creeper:
- First, press Esc.
- Then set the difficulty to peaceful.
- I've waited few secs for him to disapear.
- Finally, I've switched back to normal.

And, I've died twice. Two of them was void, both in the middle hole, both in the most improbable place (air block surrounded from 3 sides with green clay, and from one side connects to the rest of the hole). The space near the starting dirt.

So... so.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Now here I was, trying to make a simple cobblestone generator. Place lava? Check. Place water? Oh, I slipped, and now I have a block of obsidian sitting there. No big deal, just a minor delay? Not so: it occupies a strategic block space I really need, preventing me from building anything meaningful there....and I'll have nothing to get rid of it any time soon.

Reactions: Loufmier

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Now here I was, trying to make a simple cobblestone generator. Place lava? Check. Place water? Oh, I slipped, and now I have a block of obsidian sitting there. No big deal, just a minor delay? Not so: it occupies a strategic block space I really need, preventing me from building anything meaningful there....and I'll have nothing to get rid of it any time soon.
you can punch it for 5 straight minutes to break it (or set an activator to do it) you won't get the obsidian back but at least it's out of the way