A Shitstorm

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
With all of this simplicity or complex argument I'm surprised a mod author hasn't made a mod that makes RF more complex

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
With all of this simplicity or complex argument I'm surprised a mod author hasn't made a mod that makes RF more complex

I feel this is due to how RF is perceived as a simplistic power system. Because of this, if I were a dev wanting a more difficult power system, I would make my own before I used RF.

Reactions: immibis

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that this is a non-issue. MJ in the first place was nowhere near as complicated as Eu. You can't expect me to agree with you if the only changes in how the systems work as those above have stated are no storage and inefficient machines. Then I really couldn't care less, indeed once you get a mid-game power setup I usually find MJ and RF to be exactly the same in functionality.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that this is a non-issue. MJ in the first place was nowhere near as complicated as Eu. You can't expect me to agree with you if the only changes in how the systems work as those above have stated are no storage and inefficient machines. Then I really couldn't care less, indeed once you get a mid-game power setup I usually find MJ and RF to be exactly the same in functionality.
I am not really so mad about MJ as things like RotaryCraft power, I feel the more unique power systems are dying off. Also, you can do a lot more complex builds to make things more efficient in BuildCraft with gates then you ever could with RF

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The gates were not that big of a deal in power manipulation, you just had to make sure you had the pipes separated or use various redstone setups which is exactly the same as RF with engines ad redstone power options.

Reactions: RedBoss

FrostyDude2475

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very intense topic and from my previous experience I use RF a lot more than other forms of energy only due to the mod packs that I have played. I enjoy the fact that RF is a very simplistic type of idea that works very well.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This entire thread is based around the idea that RF is forced to be lossless and safe. That idea is wrong.
Whether it's forced or not is irrelevant, due to every single RF mod being lossless and safe.
The only person who did it successfully is @Reika and I commend him for it
Greg and FlowerChild come to mind as well.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The gates were not that big of a deal in power manipulation, you just had to make sure you had the pipes separated or use various redstone setups which is exactly the same as RF with engines ad redstone power options.
So you neglect the other half of my post.

Anyway, I believe the gates added a certain dare to say feel to the experience. I think that more complex power systems are a great thing for modpacks and other things. Well, seems I won't convince you

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
So you neglect the other half of my post.

Anyway, I believe the gates added a certain dare to say feel to the experience. I think that more complex power systems are a great thing for modpacks and other things. Well, seems I won't convince you
At what point did I say that I DO NOT like complex power systems? I prefer rotarycraft to every other tech mod because I love how the gears and various energy producing devices work. I just ignored the other half of your post because I find the fear of unique power systems dying out useless. More and more modders and joining the community and implementing their own designs for power, a lack of uniqueness is not something that minecraft suffers from.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could like a post multiple times. As simplified as MJ has become, it looks to me like its basically RF with smaller numbers.

Besides, we all know that blutricity is the one and only power system for all of modded Minecraft.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The next time someone makes a "Universal Power System", I will punch them in the face repeatedly until I get 100 internet points for my trouble.

Reactions: xbony2
Status
Not open for further replies.