A Shitstorm

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
It also puts packmakers, especially those managing servers in the position of being forced to choose between either ditching one of the two mods to curb player power differences, or allowing their economy to tank because of the huge power discrepancies.
I question the decision to put two conflicting mods in the same pack like that at all, at least for SMP. That is the reason that you can't literally just throw every mod you find into a modpack for server use.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
so many tinfoil hats
wpid-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Reactions: RedBoss

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, no, we haven't.

Haven't we?

A) RF can be complex, but no one has made a mod that does so, and someone should.

B) Other mods should stick to their guns and not give in to pressure to add RF support or swap to RF if they don't feel it's appropriate.

Have we not all agreed on these points?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
It also puts packmakers, especially those managing servers in the position of being forced to choose between either ditching one of the two mods to curb player power differences, or allowing their economy to tank because of the huge power discrepancies.
Indeed. That was what I was saying before. There should be a greater emphasis on balancing mods against each other.

I'm just going to agree to disagree because this is going in circles. I feel like my point is just not getting across to you and I don't know how to make it anymore clear.
I understand what you mean. But, as I and Reika said, the power difference has a negative impact on a server. A few members choosing the inferior mod because it is "cooler" will not remedy that problem.

Reactions: immibis

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Haven't we?

A) RF can be complex, but no one has made a mod that does so, and someone should.

B) Other mods should stick to their guns and not give in to pressure to add RF support or swap to RF if they don't feel it's appropriate.

Those points, yes. We're still at a massive disagreement on if a RF mod using a form of complex power gen will survive the "RF is simple, Y U NO SIMPLE??" aspect of the RF community. And no, I am not saying the entire RF userbase is that way.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I understand what you mean. But, as I and Reika said, the power difference has a negative impact on a server. A few members choosing the inferior mod because it is "cooler" will not remedy that problem.

What you're not understanding is that this is only a problem for players who care what their neighbors have/are doing. Some people don't, and will choose whatever mod suits their needs, whatever those may be.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't we?

I guess...
giphy.gif
now what is the point of this thread ?

Those points, yes. We're still at a massive disagreement on if a RF mod using a form of complex power gen will survive the "RF is simple, Y U NO SIMPLE??" aspect of the RF community. And no, I am not saying the entire RF userbase is that way.
dammit you ninja Paddy

Status
Not open for further replies.