A Forum Game To Pass The Time! (Corrupt A Wish)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Granted, but since you already sucked at aiming...it's really not much of an improvement...before you could hit the broadside of a barn...now you can at least hit the barn door...

I wish Golden Apples were actually edible.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Granted. They're taken captive by the military and are used for long-range stealth bombing, using the same orbital insertion mechanics as a "Rod from the God". Otherwise known as encasing the penguins in a heavy suit of metal and launching them from orbit, to deal a massive amount of damage in a precise area by transferring immense amounts of kinetic energy. Unfortunately, the armor can't be made more protective without making the penguins too heavy to fly, so they all burn up in the atmosphere as they get launched from an orbital cannon, mounted on a space platform. The idea gains popularity and penguins go instinct.

I wish penguins could actually be fired from an orbital ion cannon as organic bombs.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Granted! Using advanced Martian technology, I replace my standard pterodactyl ordnance with penguins (a trivial change, really), and launch a salvo of penguin bombs towards Earth from my array of orbital ion cannons in orbit around Mars.

I wish the wheel had never been invented.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Granted - by trying to cheat the system and wish for something that, when corrupted, ends up being a good thing, a bunch of bio-robotic australian mosquitos (in Australia, mosquitos hit people with newspaper) goes after you and kill you.

I wish for less disturbing images during Keyline Operative.
In short, Keyline Operative is the 4th story-arc dream I'm having set in the Dead Underline Tower universe, which is preety darker than the adventure-packed The Infinite Darkness, the complex gambit-based story Deader Than Me and the philosophical Paralysis Analysis.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Granted - by trying to cheat the system and wish for something that, when corrupted, ends up being a good thing, a bunch of bio-robotic australian mosquitos (in Australia, mosquitos hit people with newspaper) goes after you and kill you.

I wish for less disturbing images during Keyline Operative.
In short, Keyline Operative is the 4th story-arc dream I'm having set in the Dead Underline Tower universe, which is preety darker than the adventure-packed The Infinite Darkness, the complex gambit-based story Deader Than Me and the philosophical Paralysis Analysis.

Is that where you get ideas for the zombie story?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Is that where you get ideas for the zombie story?
Nope. The zombie story is completely unrelated to Dead Underline Tower. The Zombie Story actually is created a few days beforehand. Unfortunately, Chapter 7 is taking longer than I thought it would. I may write down the Dead Underline Tower series, just for fun.
It's preety random.

EDIT: I have over 2000 posts. I always thought that my 2000th post was going to be exciting, but nope.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Dead Underline Tower is a central location in the series, and apparently it also works as Keyline's base. Keyline is an evil world domination corporation that started its plan using newspapers.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Granted. You now have serial dreams. However, you forget them all before you can write any down, and remember them all right before falling asleep.

I wish that I had $600.

superk2001

Jul 29, 2019
Granted. You have $600, but then someone mugs you.
I wish that people had invented commercial teleporters already! C'mon, it's not that hard!
Guys? This is my favorite game in this forum. Hustle it up. I expect a new post every five minutes, tops.

Wow, you're very patient. I expect it in one.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
The teleporters mutate a bacteria, making a new sickness go around, killing all.

I wish I could remember things at once or whatever I want to wish.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Granted. It is now excessively nice as Zimbabwean dollars randomly and instantly gain value. You've just traded off more than the equivalent of 60 quintillion USD.

I wish I had nothing yet everything.

Reactions: mathjazz