[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I had a question about this pack and HQM. How badly would it break the quests in the book if I removed AM2? I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Would it be better to take out HQM as well f I did this?
It will certainly break recipes and quests.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I had a question about this pack and HQM. How badly would it break the quests in the book if I removed AM2? I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Would it be better to take out HQM as well f I did this?

Any modification to the default mod list has a good chance of breaking things, due to how well integrated the mods are via mine/modtweaker. This is before you factor in HQM and its quests that touch a lot of the default mods. In other words, any thing other then adding more mods is a bad idea unless you know your way around mine/modtweaker scrips and can fix things your self.

That being said the massive amount of mod integration combined with HQM are what really make this mod pack shine. As it encourages you to experiment with and learn the wide array of mods in the pack.

Reactions: Yulife

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I think it has to do with FTB swapping over to the curseforge launcher once it is ready and abandoning their own launcher.
I hope FTB team didn't do this as Curse launcher didn't support mac platform and the development of mac version is stopped.

Reactions: Kazekai

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Any modification to the default mod list has a good chance of breaking things, due to how well integrated the mods are via mine/modtweaker. This is before you factor in HQM and its quests that touch a lot of the default mods. In other words, any thing other then adding more mods is a bad idea unless you know your way around mine/modtweaker scrips and can fix things your self.

That being said the massive amount of mod integration combined with HQM are what really make this mod pack shine. As it encourages you to experiment with and learn the wide array of mods in the pack.

AM2 has also changed significantly over the months. It's no longer the broken mess it used to be back when structures broke maps or spells had poor balance. I don't personally use it either but I recommend looking into the latest changes for people who are skeptical anyway in case they might find it enjoyable now, if they haven't already. If you're like me and it still doesn't catch your interest, then it's pretty easy to ignore unless you want to do all the quests and don't mind the glowing liquid everywhere. I appreciate its uniqueness as a mod and it is objectively well-designed so I'm not trying to hate on it, I'm just not a huge fan of RPGs and prefer the scientific themes of mods like thaumcraft, botania, and witchery, personally.

Might end up messing with AM2 for the sake of completionism, might give me a more thorough understanding of it. When it was first released it was so clunky that I got fed up with it pretty fast and it has made progress since then.

I hope FTB team didn't do this as Curse launcher didn't support mac platform and the development of mac version is stopped.

That's beyond messed up. People should try to make things as accessible as possible and it's almost 2015, not having cross-platform support is pretty archaic at this point.

alexubel989

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I've decided to leave it in for now. The only removal was Hunger Overhaul. I don't like worrying about my hunger so much, though it may go back in as well.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger overhaul in the pack is pretty much normal, but with extra useful info like satiation. There's almost no negatives, and a tonne of positives.

Question: Why does my grinder not create mob essence? The grinder is empty, killing mobs. The conduit connector has power going in, items going out, and a fluid conduit.
afMc4wL.png

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone host a public WLR server I could join? I've been playing Singleplayer only up to this point, but I think it's time to try out some SMP :)

MrFootman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Am I the only one who can't do the infusion for the Soul Brazier ? (Thaumic Esoterica Tab)
I'm searching an issue on the web, but nothing.

Either way, thank you for this awesome modpack :)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Am I the only one who can't do the infusion for the Soul Brazier ? (Thaumic Esoterica Tab)
I'm searching an issue on the web, but nothing.

Either way, thank you for this awesome modpack :)

The recipe was disabled in version 1.1.8 of the pack as the Soul Brazier was crashing servers. According patch note info that block is very much unfinished and unstable currently, once it is fixed and stable it will be re-enabled.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
That's a rumor going around. I half-hope it's true myself, but I don't see anything about it on their official news feed and I've come to expect that if shit hits the fan they aren't shy about letting peop
Its actually confirmed via slow but they are dissolving the launcher and creating basically just a download location via curse instead

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually confirmed via slow but they are dissolving the launcher and creating basically just a download location via curse instead

It's been stated a few times that is what they're going to do by swapping over to the curse launcher/system. Not so much in direct news stories but in the comments for them as well as other places where people asked them about their plans.

It's also been confirmed that they fully abandoned their launcher 2.0 plans due to losing key staff members and the planed curse launcher being superior to what they were building.

Good news is that the Curse launcher is aiming to be a total mod management system akin to the ones for other games. Which allow for one click installs and automated updates for mods as well as other fun/useful items for mods and mod packs.

Last edited:

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have to set input for the drum at the top or bottom

Apparently not, when I logged back in, it was all working. Weird.

Next question: Railcraft rolling machine. Won't connect to Ender Conduit. I thought RC was RF compatible now? How can I convert it into a format it will take?

Edit: Apparnetly the pack ships with 9.3.3 and RF is in 9.4. Is this a mod that is going to be updated in the pack?

Edit2: Manual updating causes a crash during load,

>There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mods.railcraft.common.items.ItemCircuit.getReceiverCircuit()Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack

I had a quick look, but everything else seems like it's in order. Buildcraft 6.2.6, Forge 1199+

Edit3: Google says to update Computronics. to do that, you also need to update Asielib and Waila. That then causes a BC Api crash against binnies mods, which I'm now looking into.

SOLUTION:
Take a copy of the buildcraft folder out of 9.3.3 Railcraft and put it into the Binnie Mods folder. (After updating Asie, computronics and Waila)

WARNING: I don't know how this will affect worlds that already have Binnie Machines in them. I also don't know if it's then possible to POWER said machines, as Railcraft, Buildcraft and Forestry will all be running on RF, not MJ. But I now have RF railcraft and laser rails, at the expense of not using genetic machines (Might investigate Gendustry).

Last edited:

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger overhaul in the pack is pretty much normal, but with extra useful info like satiation. There's almost no negatives, and a tonne of positives.

The saturation is actually from applecore. I got tired of hunger overhaul a while back and its an auto remove for me. I have the opposite view, no upside tons of annoyance. I dont like eating 5 meals every 2 min and having my crops grow super slow.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Strokes for folks I guess. Once you get past early game, and have two paddocks set up (9x9 with water in the middle) you've got more food than you'll need. Just need to aim for something decent, and work towards that pretty early. And that's without automating it. Just a manual farm that you clear out when you notice it's ready.

IE: Many people go "Rush soybeans, make cheeseburgers" and use that for a long time, until they have both lettuce and tomatoes, making deluxe burgers, then adding potato, salt, any fruit and snow to make delighted meals.

A food that you can eat once every 3-4 in game days. (Over an hour)

Reactions: Yulife and Bahnmor

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason all of the messages in here didn't alert me. However, you guys did a great job on explaining stuff :)
Like said above, reading changelogs is pretty much needed in Wanderlust Reloaded as I have the habit to change so many things.
The Railcraft/Binnie's/Computronics is kind of complicated, but I am looking forward to fix it in 2.0.0.