[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Quadrum looks impressive. Although it's a bit more than "unpack and modify a config file", I really like that you can create a custom jar using Quadrum as a framework. Thanks for the heads up, Iskandar!

Yulife, should I submit a pull request for replacing Tabula Rasa with Quadrum? I think that's an atomic change that can be done rather quickly, and I think it'd be better to time the inclusion with the removal of Ars Magica 2 so we don't destroy peoples' worlds twice.
That is a good point, I didn't think about the Tabula Rasa block wipe that would occur. Is there any tool that transforms old blocks that get removed into the new version?
I feel ashamed though extremely happy that you are doing so much for the pack. How can I even pay you it back?

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
No need, I am enjoying the pack as much as everybody else, I just have the means to help out. Also, try and think up what would be good for optional mob drops, food items, and other goodies that Quadrum could make.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
No need, I am enjoying the pack as much as everybody else, I just have the means to help out. Also, try and think up what would be good for optional mob drops, food items, and other goodies that Quadrum could make.
I actually have some textures laying around for Christmas... :)

Reactions: FnDragon

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
What an honor to see you here!
And yes, it is planned to move to Quadrum, no worries about mod recommendations, the development as well as the documentation is much better. However, there are a few problems I am facing at the moment:
#1 I hardly understand the format, would have to use examples of others. I'd watch some good guides as well.. if you have some...
#2 Giant amount of time involved in adding all of the blocks
#3 Rewrite of the "tabularasa.zs" (which would be "quadrum.zs" then) which also takes ages.

This is not supposed to be a "Lazy, won't fix" statement, I am just quite busy in real life, work etc. I accept any form of help.
Eventually, once I got the hang of it, I would probably understand it quite quickly.
Anywho, back to fixing stuff!

Yeah, switching in midstream is the biggest challenge. Rewrites are painful. Which is the biggest reason why Crash Landing never made the transition to 1.7.10. I'd offer my help, but I'm afraid I'd be unreliable, as I'm moving atm and my free time is extremely irregular.

As for JSON itself, tutorials are available, but the format isn't that complex. I'd suggest using an editor (http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ is web based and free) which should make things a bit easier to understand and make sure the format is correct.

Unfortunately, the removal of numeric IDs does mean there is no easy way to switch from Tabula Rasa to Quadrum. Before hand you could just hand off the IDs from one mod to the other, now...

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I'd offer my help, but I'm afraid I'd be unreliable, as I'm moving atm and my free time is extremely irregular.
Well, you need some help with Crash Landing? Even if I don't have much time, I could do some Minetweaker stuff for you.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, you need some help with Crash Landing? Even if I don't have much time, I could do some Minetweaker stuff for you.
I've stepped down as lead dev. @Shane2482 has taken over and all appears to be well at the moment. Thanks for the offer. Once this move is done (end of the year, hopefully) things will quiet down and I can take on more projects. There is much I'd like to do, especially as I get more familiar with 1.7.10.

For now, I'm playinga lot of Minecraft, something I really had no energy for as a pack dev. Which is what led me to your pack. I'm always glad to see more HQM packs, especially ones so well done.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I've stepped down as lead dev. @Shane2482 has taken over and all appears to be well at the moment. Thanks for the offer. Once this move is done (end of the year, hopefully) things will quiet down and I can take on more projects. There is much I'd like to do, especially as I get more familiar with 1.7.10.

For now, I'm playinga lot of Minecraft, something I really had no energy for as a pack dev. Which is what led me to your pack. I'm always glad to see more HQM packs, especially ones so well done.
Oh, I didn't know you gave away the lead. I am glad the project isn't dying though, I had a lot of fun playing it, thank you for that. I wish I were you... carefree player playing all the modpacks xD Never knew making a modpack would be so much work. Oh well, I am glad you like my pack :) It is an honor for me!

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
TEASER!
cupcake_eggnogfrosting.png

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Done! MC said "server stopping" as soon as I started into a game, then it quit. Here's the new crash log.

... Should I update forge, maybe?
No idea. What seed did you use? Try a different one? There's literally nothing in there that points to any mod other than vanilla minecraft. It's on chunk generation, as it's generating some structure. If you want you can try disabling some of the chunk gen structure mods, perhaps roguelike, but there's no indication of which one it is.

cloakndagger085

Jul 29, 2019
i keep getting this error and the server times out and will not unload a player and will not allow anyone else to log in until i reset the server.

Fetching addPacket for removed entity

it repeats this over and over and over

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. What seed did you use? Try a different one? There's literally nothing in there that points to any mod other than vanilla minecraft. It's on chunk generation, as it's generating some structure. If you want you can try disabling some of the chunk gen structure mods, perhaps roguelike, but there's no indication of which one it is.
Seed is -2813279295024729710
I dunno what's going on- I made a copy, and that let me explore the area without a problem.
Is it possible to McEdit chunks from the copy to the original world somehow?

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Have allocated 4GB Ram.
Have Java 1.7.0_67 64Bit
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
AMD Cuad Core 3 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 6670 1024MB

With fastcraft, without fascraft.
With Optifine, without optifine.
Have verify java at my videocard.

Nothing works. 0-2 FPS at the lowest settings without any texture. I think my system its too weak for this pack, right ?

Last edited:

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Seed is -2813279295024729710
I dunno what's going on- I made a copy, and that let me explore the area without a problem.
Is it possible to McEdit chunks from the copy to the original world somehow?
Make a backup of the world. Once everything is saved, proceed to disable big mod gen mods one by one and tell me once you hit a mod, that you disabled, that makes your world going again.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Have allocated 4GB Ram.
Have Java 1.7.0_67 64Bit
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
AMD Cuad Core 3 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 6670 1024MB

With fastcraft, without fascraft.
With Optifine, without optifine.
Have verify java at my videocard.

Nothing works. 0-2 FPS at the lowest settings without any texture. I think my system its too weak for this pack, right ?

No my system is much worse. It gets 100 fps.

Try importing instance to multiMC.
That helped me a lot.
Also maybe try 3 gigs of ram to allocate.

M.A.N.

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there

I am new to HQM & advanced modpacks
they certainly do look fun but i wasn't able to play it: after i launched the wanderlust modpack and downloaded it a new window appeared named minecraft 1.7.10 but it was all black,after leaving it like that it closed on its own

anyone has a solution?

btw i have a 32 bit operating system

Mrdeadlocked

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else had issues with players crashing from being in twilight forest? I don’t get any errors serverside but i've had to members who entered TF, had client side crashes. I've TP'ed them to me in OW, and it still doesn’t fix their crashing locally. If I delete their player files it fixes it.