[1.7.10] Void World HQM Map [270+ Quests|ProjectE|CustomNPCmod|Second place of JampackedII]

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah.... was going to report that you need electrum ingots and that requires silver....

Also... about difficulty...something is messing with it. Even in normal a zombie is being spawned with 15 hearths(10 health) when the normal should be 20 health. Their spawn rate is absurd and they should only track players when within 32 blocks. This is vanilla mechanics!

The problem of being in a void world is that spawn rates are absurd, since they have no caves to spawn. That together with normal spawners and modded mobs... It gets a little insane even to get out and torch the place!

I would reduce the number of spawners(some places is just insane... 9 really!?) and try to find out why mobs are going like super mobs.
Not even CTM ultra-hard vanilla maps have this crazy amount of super mobs and much less over the void. One arrow and there you go... The problem is, usually I have 5 skeletons shooting at me :p
Haha I will keep it in mind when I work a bit more on the map. But I found a temporary solution to the HQM quest bugs. I will upload that config file and post the link here. Then you can get the updated quests yourself and you wont have to wait for the update for now

Edit: I think I have found a solution to the spawn rate problem. I will make it so that there will be a day night cycle but that the day cycle is shorter. This way it will be day and the things will burn but you can't light up the map in one day. But for that you will have to reset the map it will be in version 0.1.3

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Check out the first post to update the quests, EMC values and scripts and some other config changes what are changed in version 0.1.3 so you can play that version already. It is a manual update though

Last edited:

Prometition

Jul 29, 2019
And this "Edit: I think I have found a solution to the spawn rate problem. I will make it so that there will be a day night cycle but that the day cycle is shorter. This way it will be day and the things will burn but you can't light up the map in one day. But for that you will have to reset the map it will be in version 0.1.3" is in the changes :c?

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
And this "Edit: I think I have found a solution to the spawn rate problem. I will make it so that there will be a day night cycle but that the day cycle is shorter. This way it will be day and the things will burn but you can't light up the map in one day. But for that you will have to reset the map it will be in version 0.1.3" is in the changes :c?
Yeah, for that you will have to reset the map. Sadly for that you have to wait till version 1.3 will be uploaded. I had to do some redstoning to make the daycycle shorter (or at least that was my way of doing it). But at least you can go further with the quests and everything. I will be busy with making the structure for the second part of the story for now. I will check the forum once in a while still this evening to keep you and myself up to date

Edit. I also edited the post so people know which folders they have to move in case of a map reset. Please help me correct myself if I missed one

Last edited:

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
In the next update there will be a minimap so you can set waypoints. It won't break the map like I thaught before. Also you can see all the mobs swarming around you :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think you need to change the day/time cycle but if you want, you dont need to use CommandBlocks. The mod TooMuchTime does that for you.

The real problem, to me is, vanilla mobs being overpowered. They are tracking the player further then they should, they have more health and do more damage. And this is the vanilla ones because the EnderIO ones are with the correct life. The overpowered mobs and in some places an excess of spawners make some places just crazy nuts until we have a jetpack :p

But... Now that I finally hacked your map and can go into creative, I will try to figure out why mobs are acting 'differently'...

ps: no, didnt found an exploit to bypass your security. Had to use external programs to bypass it. The system is safe, so far... :)

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think you need to change the day/time cycle but if you want, you dont need to use CommandBlocks. The mod TooMuchTime does that for you.

The real problem, to me is, vanilla mobs being overpowered. They are tracking the player further then they should, they have more health and do more damage. And this is the vanilla ones because the EnderIO ones are with the correct life. The overpowered mobs and in some places an excess of spawners make some places just crazy nuts until we have a jetpack :p

But... Now that I finally hacked your map and can go into creative, I will try to figure out why mobs are acting 'differently'...

ps: no, didnt found an exploit to bypass your security. Had to use external programs to bypass it. The system is safe, so far... :)
Hahaah, nice to see that my protection is not failing. Indeed I did it using command blocks. But there are some more changes (already in 0.1.1, 0.1.2) they are minor so not a real map reset was needed. Also I forgot to decrease that the mobs in hard do more damage. It is in the enderzoo config. Also that the mobs have more health is stated in that config. But since the most mobs burn in daytime they day night cycle will definitly help though. I still don't know why they track you from further away. I will have a look in it later. I am busy now building the structure for the next part ( I will try to make them true damage so the dark matter armour is not so freaking OP there, or I will make the ddark matter armour even more expensive :p)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaah, nice to see that my protection is not failing. Indeed I did it using command blocks. But there are some more changes (already in 0.1.1, 0.1.2) they are minor so not a real map reset was needed. Also I forgot to decrease that the mobs in hard do more damage. It is in the enderzoo config. Also that the mobs have more health is stated in that config. But since the most mobs burn in daytime they day night cycle will definitly help though. I still don't know why they track you from further away. I will have a look in it later. I am busy now building the structure for the next part ( I will try to make them true damage so the dark matter armour is not so freaking OP there, or I will make the ddark matter armour even more expensive :p)
Ohhhh.....

I totally missed the global modifiers on EnderZoo!! I only noticed the modifiers for EnderZoo mobs. That explains it! And I see you nerfed it a little :)

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Another bug... :p

Ingots from different mods have different ECM values...
That is not a real bug, it is sadly just that way. I can't help that. But it should not matter that much unless you can make an exploit out of it. Then I need to remove it, otherwise it should be fine.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Am i doing something wrong?!

I found Leo and Lara but... they dont talk with me... Nothing happens when I try to talk to them

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Am i doing something wrong?!

I found Leo and Lara but... they dont talk with me... Nothing happens when I try to talk to them

Do they have the Quest gate blocks in front of them? On another map that had an npc you had to stand right on top of them because the Quest gate blocks/ blocked your way. If that's not it. I have know idea, as I just started the pack, and it is amazing, and I just got to the nether.

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
Do they have the Quest gate blocks in front of them? On another map that had an npc you had to stand right on top of them because the Quest gate blocks/ blocked your way. If that's not it. I have know idea, as I just started the pack, and it is amazing, and I just got to the nether.
No that is at least not the case. There are only some QGS in the town hall and in the house you start in. You should be able to speak to Leo, and get the quest from Lara a bit later in the conversation
Edit, I can right click on them and speak to them with no problem. You have spoken to the mayor already right?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
No that is at least not the case. There are only some QGS in the town hall and in the house you start in. You should be able to speak to Leo, and get the quest from Lara a bit later in the conversation
Edit, I can right click on them and speak to them with no problem. You have spoken to the mayor already right?
On my "test" world it worked fine. Here... it does nothing.
Yes, I have spoken with the mayor, given the key to him and unlocked the rest of the city quests.

Edit: and, by mistake, I just killed Lara with lava :p

Edit2: She just.... resuscitated and I was again able to speak with her!! So I killed Leo with lava and all went back to normal!!!

Storkman101

Jul 29, 2019
On my "test" world it worked fine. Here... it does nothing.
Yes, I have spoken with the mayor, given the key to him and unlocked the rest of the city quests.

Edit: and, by mistake, I just killed Lara with lava :p

Edit2: She just.... resuscitated and I was again able to speak with her!! So I killed Leo with lava and all went back to normal!!!
Maybe it is an bug with custom npc, but it is strange that you can speak to the mayor and not to leo or lara. Have you tried to speak to others already?