[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I had looked into that mod, that and zelda sword skills. The main reason I didn't add it was because there are already so many keybinds from mods there literally was no more room to add more...

Yeah I had to do a bit of rearranging to get that fixed. One, you don't need the dragon flight speed to be different from the train speed. I also play solo so I changed the weapon switching to Tab, but that wouldn't work for SMP. You might be able to use 'Z' as the 2 things on it already are unknown to me. Otherwise, it is pretty cool, I am liking it. It also adds new arrows and the skellys actually spawn with them, such as the exploding arrows and the fire arrows. There are ender arrows also but I haven't been hit with one of those yet.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
About half of them look like Bobbie's mummy. Not a problem, but it did not happen before the update.

Any hints how I could get my quest back, though? You seem to have changed the format of the quest.dat into a folder, so I cannot just copy and paste it.
that looks like a texture error with what ever armor they are wearing, i saw that on something else i watched played it was bronze armor the person was wearing and he said the texture for it was bugged

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
About half of them look like Bobbie's mummy. Not a problem, but it did not happen before the update.

Any hints how I could get my quest back, though? You seem to have changed the format of the quest.dat into a folder, so I cannot just copy and paste it.
I will look into the skin issue, the format however was not changed by my choice. The version of customNPC's that I switched to because of crash complaints redid the way he handles the quests now but on first load of the map it SHOULD convert your quests completed.

The recent map upload corrects existing issues with quest progress but not able to test beyond that unfortunately.
Yeah I had to do a bit of rearranging to get that fixed. One, you don't need the dragon flight speed to be different from the train speed. I also play solo so I changed the weapon switching to Tab, but that wouldn't work for SMP. You might be able to use 'Z' as the 2 things on it already are unknown to me. Otherwise, it is pretty cool, I am liking it. It also adds new arrows and the skellys actually spawn with them, such as the exploding arrows and the fire arrows. There are ender arrows also but I haven't been hit with one of those yet.
I will take another look, but can't promise anything.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
been having an issue getting a server to start up. been running a server for a while for just some friends. If this is not the place to put this i am sorry. I tried using the download for the server and the download for the client...neither works. Keeps saying missing mods and that it cant open thermal expansion.

http://pastebin.com/f7TZUU0m

Sakura

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya,
I found out why my questline disappeared. I deleted the old saves folder, before copying the new one in. Sorry. It seems to work now. But when I start the game I get the message "HQM is not enabled on your server". Will thsi cause any issues? The quest books seems to work so far, but I have not done any new quests yet.

Thanks

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
been having an issue getting a server to start up. been running a server for a while for just some friends. If this is not the place to put this i am sorry. I tried using the download for the server and the download for the client...neither works. Keeps saying missing mods and that it cant open thermal expansion.

http://pastebin.com/f7TZUU0m
Not sure what the cause is, double checked the server archive and the client archive and they have the right files in them and the test server i use starts right up with no issues. Make sure you are using the latest versions.
Hiya,
I found out why my questline disappeared. I deleted the old saves folder, before copying the new one in. Sorry. It seems to work now. But when I start the game I get the message "HQM is not enabled on your server". Will thsi cause any issues? The quest books seems to work so far, but I have not done any new quests yet.

Thanks
Sounds like a recurring bug as far as the HQM notice. if everything is working, just ignore it for now.

Glad you got your issue sorted though! :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I will reiterate, thievery on the official pack server is a zero tolerance offense. I will find out and you will be banned from the server and if you are really lucky I will not publicly shame you for being caught thieving from others on the server. This is not SSP this is server play and anyone whitelisted WILL abide by the rules which includes absolutely no thievery.

SuperMann

Jul 29, 2019
I sorry for this noobish request, but is there anyway i might put keep inventory on in singleplayer? I'm not very good at the game, and as a result, I die quite frequently. The gravestone very often deletes tools or other items, or sometimes refuses to spawn because I died in the air, or spawns about 20 blocks away in a cave, leaving me to dig around for 20~ minutes to find it. It's incredibly frustrating, and this problem is making me consider quitting your pack, even though it seems well thought out and fun. Thanks for the info in advance.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is a survival pack, but you can do what you want to though requests for options outside of design I typically don't help with. I know you can definitely do it if you want using a dat file editor.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have died in my own pack...had my grave in the air too...80 blocks up...over lava...fun times :)

Reactions: SuperMann

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I sorry for this noobish request, but is there anyway i might put keep inventory on in singleplayer? I'm not very good at the game, and as a result, I die quite frequently. The gravestone very often deletes tools or other items, or sometimes refuses to spawn because I died in the air, or spawns about 20 blocks away in a cave, leaving me to dig around for 20~ minutes to find it. It's incredibly frustrating, and this problem is making me consider quitting your pack, even though it seems well thought out and fun. Thanks for the info in advance.

Easiest way is probably to go to the in game menu, click Open to LAN, allow cheats, then type '/keepInventory true'.

Arikast

Jul 29, 2019
Glad I was working on university work! I'd have had you downloading NBT Explorer, navigating to your level.dat file, locating gamerules... etc etc lol. props to those who had a much more reasonable fix =P

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
I've downloaded the new map that fixes the npc quest bug. Extracted it to the minecraft folder where the old template folder was (deleted the old before placing in the new). Loaded the game up and was able to accept quests again. However, after logging out and back in the quests were gone and speaking to the quest giver no longer put the quest into the quest tab. Did I miss a step along the way? Wasn't certain if it was just a get rid of the old file and bring in the new thing or if there were other steps involved. Any help on the issue is appreciated.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya,

Thanks
That message is specifically saying that the Hardcore component of HQM is not enabled. It's expected in any pack that doesn't use the Hardcore lives option.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I've downloaded the new map that fixes the npc quest bug. Extracted it to the minecraft folder where the old template folder was (deleted the old before placing in the new). Loaded the game up and was able to accept quests again. However, after logging out and back in the quests were gone and speaking to the quest giver no longer put the quest into the quest tab. Did I miss a step along the way? Wasn't certain if it was just a get rid of the old file and bring in the new thing or if there were other steps involved. Any help on the issue is appreciated.
If you have a backup, replace it and before you log back out afterwards, make sure to look at every quest in your quest log for customnpc and let me know what happens.

Side Note: Just received confirmation from rikmuld (The Camping Mod Dev) he has found and fixed the crash issue everyone reported. As such I will be pushing an early update this friday so you guys can finally update to the recent content without fear of crashes.

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
The quest with the ancient that teleports you could really do with different text. It seems to suggest that it should be ignored until "end game" so I didn't bother to try it for quite a while. I was watching another stream and he seemed to do the same thing. I don't think I'm playing on the lastest version, so this may have changed already.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The quest with the ancient that teleports you could really do with different text. It seems to suggest that it should be ignored until "end game" so I didn't bother to try it for quite a while. I was watching another stream and he seemed to do the same thing. I don't think I'm playing on the lastest version, so this may have changed already.
He is intended to be a bit cryptic, he is ancient after all! But regarding what he says, he simply states use it when you are ready as you will be sent far away to start on your own. Also the reason he gives you a dislocator to get back just in case.
Just an idea, either way I'm having fun so thanks! Also really lookin forward to the 2 new cities!!
Understood, and actually when all is completely ready there will be three new cities and a quest location! Adding a town to middle earth and mount doom!