[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Gamer55561

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I love this modpack! Just wondering about the quest system. Will there be more quests for the Kingdom? As well as will there be a main quest in Middle-Earth? Would Love to get more quests and story lines in. I have a YouTube Series going on for this modpack so It would be great to know when the next update will be coming out and will there be more stuff? Either way great Modpack!

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
He is intended to be a bit cryptic, he is ancient after all! But regarding what he says, he simply states use it when you are ready as you will be sent far away to start on your own. Also the reason he gives you a dislocator to get back just in case.

I don't mean the ancient himself, I mean the quest in the log to find him in the first place. Since you are required to build far away for update purposes, this particular quest is very useful early on and should encourage players to take advantage of it. If players think it is an end game quest they may leave it until after they've already built a base, which makes the quest kind of useless at that point. Flavor text is great and everything (the pack/map is outstanding BTW) but this particular quest seems like it should make it painfully clear to players that they need to build things far away and that this is the quest to help them do so. Not everyone reads the forum and even then some may simply miss that particular instruction.

Brillik

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with LucidCrux - having "find the ancient" quest with the tab title of "End Game" made me try out the underdark, nether and middle earth before I had established a base and gearset. After multiple deaths, and a few playthroughs later, I figured it out.

A problem I'm having is connecting power to my AE2 network. I understand the vibration chambers provide AE power and use them successfully to generate crystals, however, I was hoping to use the Extra Utilities generators to run the ME Drive and terminals. See attached screenshot. I've tried Knesis pipes, the ExU energy and transfer pipes.
2015-02-06_08.18.30.png
I recently finished building my house, and was hoping to have the AE system setup before exploring the different mod packs (age of industry/arcane magiks) but with all the new changes to AE2, it seems like that isn't feasible. I'm currently working through steam power to try and see if that will connect. Am I missing something? From what I've read the energy acceptor is supposed to accept all forms of energy, but it doesn't seem to be accepting RF from any manner that I can tell.
I'm running the Tolkiencraft II pack with just a couple of additions - I liked the suggestions found in this thread to use battlegear and zelda sword skills. I'm not sure if its too OP or not but I also added Level Up!, as it felt like it fit with the flavor of the pack.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with LucidCrux - having "find the ancient" quest with the tab title of "End Game" made me try out the underdark, nether and middle earth before I had established a base and gearset. After multiple deaths, and a few playthroughs later, I figured it out.

A problem I'm having is connecting power to my AE2 network. I understand the vibration chambers provide AE power and use them successfully to generate crystals, however, I was hoping to use the Extra Utilities generators to run the ME Drive and terminals. See attached screenshot. I've tried Knesis pipes, the ExU energy and transfer pipes.
View attachment 14615 I recently finished building my house, and was hoping to have the AE system setup before exploring the different mod packs (age of industry/arcane magiks) but with all the new changes to AE2, it seems like that isn't feasible. I'm currently working through steam power to try and see if that will connect. Am I missing something? From what I've read the energy acceptor is supposed to accept all forms of energy, but it doesn't seem to be accepting RF from any manner that I can tell.
I'm running the Tolkiencraft II pack with just a couple of additions - I liked the suggestions found in this thread to use battlegear and zelda sword skills. I'm not sure if its too OP or not but I also added Level Up!, as it felt like it fit with the flavor of the pack.

well for one your trying to connect the item transfer pipes to the energy acceptor, you need to use the energy ones on it, but you need an energy retrieval pipe to pull from the power source then the energy transfer pipe, once you get a QED up you will want to make energy transfer node then hyper transfer nodes, that will get you started, also with any buildcraft pipes you have to have wood ones first then your higher tier ones

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
That actually is not an issue with draconic evolution, it has something to do with thaumcraft and thaumic tinker. With recent updates, I would say wait until after 2.3.13 comes out and test again because it may have been a mismatch between versions of thaumcraft and thaumic tinker

This is still happening in .14 , we had it happen when using a bound pick.

Here is the crash reported - https://github.com/Thaumic-Tinkerer/ThaumicTinkerer/issues/658

Brillik

Jul 29, 2019
I wondered if a QED was required, seems ridiculous for entry or even mid-level energy transfer though. Thanks, I had forgotten about the wooden energy pipes (BC transport), and those will work fine. I have tried the energy extraction pipe (extra utilities) without success (generator - energy extraction pipe -energy pipe - energy acceptor), I can link a SS if needed.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a backup, replace it and before you log back out afterwards, make sure to look at every quest in your quest log for customnpc and let me know what happens.

I mainly just work with the aroma backup files. The ones it had kept seemed to only go back a day which was well after the quests had originally disappeared. So I tried copying over the customnpc folder from a world I created but only played in up until the visit the king quest to my current world save after deleting the old customnpc folder. Upon logging in I noticed that quests were appearing in my quest tab again. I spoke to the king to start the quest to buy 3 particular items from the shops about town, checked to make certain it was in my quest tab, then logged out and back in to find the quest tab empty again. The thing I'm noticing is that after logging back in my custom npc folder is now altered quite a bit with several files missing and some folders added. Namely, the "Clones, Dialogs, Linkednpcs, Markets, and Quests" folders are now there when they were not after initially copying over the old customnpc folder. There are also a few .dat files missing after logging out as well. Those included "Clonednpcs, Dialog, and Quests" .dat and .dat_old files all gone after logging out.

I really don't have much knowledge on how these things work or if anything I've mentioned above is helpful info in the least. I'm not entirely sure what you meant by checking my quest log. I checked my quest tab found on the inventory screen right next to the faction tab if that is what you meant. As much as I'd like to see this resolved I still would like to thank you for putting together and so vigilantly maintaining a wonderful pack. My wife and I have had and will continue to have hours of enjoyment in it despite not having the customnpc quests. Keep up the good work.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I love this modpack! Just wondering about the quest system. Will there be more quests for the Kingdom? As well as will there be a main quest in Middle-Earth? Would Love to get more quests and story lines in. I have a YouTube Series going on for this modpack so It would be great to know when the next update will be coming out and will there be more stuff? Either way great Modpack!
Yes, I do plan on extending the quest line into middle-earth (part of the reason for adding mount doom)
I don't mean the ancient himself, I mean the quest in the log to find him in the first place. Since you are required to build far away for update purposes, this particular quest is very useful early on and should encourage players to take advantage of it. If players think it is an end game quest they may leave it until after they've already built a base, which makes the quest kind of useless at that point. Flavor text is great and everything (the pack/map is outstanding BTW) but this particular quest seems like it should make it painfully clear to players that they need to build things far away and that this is the quest to help them do so. Not everyone reads the forum and even then some may simply miss that particular instruction.
Noted, I will take a look at the text and see what changes I might make...
I mainly just work with the aroma backup files. The ones it had kept seemed to only go back a day which was well after the quests had originally disappeared. So I tried copying over the customnpc folder from a world I created but only played in up until the visit the king quest to my current world save after deleting the old customnpc folder. Upon logging in I noticed that quests were appearing in my quest tab again. I spoke to the king to start the quest to buy 3 particular items from the shops about town, checked to make certain it was in my quest tab, then logged out and back in to find the quest tab empty again. The thing I'm noticing is that after logging back in my custom npc folder is now altered quite a bit with several files missing and some folders added. Namely, the "Clones, Dialogs, Linkednpcs, Markets, and Quests" folders are now there when they were not after initially copying over the old customnpc folder. There are also a few .dat files missing after logging out as well. Those included "Clonednpcs, Dialog, and Quests" .dat and .dat_old files all gone after logging out.

I really don't have much knowledge on how these things work or if anything I've mentioned above is helpful info in the least. I'm not entirely sure what you meant by checking my quest log. I checked my quest tab found on the inventory screen right next to the faction tab if that is what you meant. As much as I'd like to see this resolved I still would like to thank you for putting together and so vigilantly maintaining a wonderful pack. My wife and I have had and will continue to have hours of enjoyment in it despite not having the customnpc quests. Keep up the good work.
Well, the new version of customnpc's does change from using dat files to store quest info to json files. I had a similar issue when converting (imagine my panic when all quests and dialogs were missing!) I found the work-around/fix was to view each and every dialog and quest, which I would assume should have fixed the quest progression as well. We will have to keep an eye on it and will try more testing to see if I can find a way to keep the quests for existing players as well...

Side Note: Sorry for the lengthy time between my last responses, recent forum update broke facebook log ins and I had a heck of a time remembering my basic FTB login. :)

I had intended on releasing an update to fix the camping mod and now the thaumic tinker issues, but the camping mod still hasn't had the update released yet...Upside, I have the update ready so as soon as the camping mod updates I can release the update.

Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having a issue removing their essence refiner from Ars Magica? I use a pickaxe and it goes through the motions of breaking and just stays there. I also cannot open the GUI anymore. Also, when I try to open the GUI from the keystones it crashes my game. Also, the osmotic enchanter (thaumic tinkerer) doesn't work and I am doing everything correctly. Done this before.

Attachments

• tolkiencraft 2 crash.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a bother, but with the new update the only quest is See The King. When i look in the folder its the only json file and when i use the npc wand it is the only quest in the log. Is this suppose to be?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Please read through posts before requesting help. The crash is the camping mod crash that will be fixed with the next update once rikmuld posts it. The quest issue has been covered extensively in the last couple of pages of posts.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
I did read thru the posts. I found nothing saying the camping mod is conflicting with ars magica. also the quest issue has been vague in all the posts as well. so you are saying all my issues minys custom npcs is because of the camping mod???

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I will save you some time searching then.

Copy the customnpc folder from the new template download and replace the one in your existing save. You will then need to take your player information from a backup previous to the update and replace the player information in the new update.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I wondered if a QED was required, seems ridiculous for entry or even mid-level energy transfer though. Thanks, I had forgotten about the wooden energy pipes (BC transport), and those will work fine. I have tried the energy extraction pipe (extra utilities) without success (generator - energy extraction pipe -energy pipe - energy acceptor), I can link a SS if needed.

See my explanations of how I transfer power which is covered in the FAQ:
Q: How do I transfer power, you must add ender i/o or I will never be able to use any power!

A: Umm, no, refer to question above about adding mods. As for power transfer, I am holding out for ducts for thermal expansion, but this does not mean we have no power transmission. I will defer to @Vals NoisyToys for her explanation on her best methods.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Just found an interesting bug, I tried talking to Logman, the Chocobo Wrangler, while he was asleep and he offered me the Apothecary and Glass quest. I have just finished killing the bandits and have not talked to Lucien yet. Anything else you need to know about this? Logman only seems to offer the quest while sleeping, talking to him while awake gives me the Chocobo I quest.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just found an interesting bug, I tried talking to Logman, the Chocobo Wrangler, while he was asleep and he offered me the Apothecary and Glass quest. I have just finished killing the bandits and have not talked to Lucien yet. Anything else you need to know about this? Logman only seems to offer the quest while sleeping, talking to him while awake gives me the Chocobo I quest.
Thank you, I will fix that, hopefully for the next update, definitely for the content update. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.3.16 has been submitted!

This is a small update primarily to fix some ongoing issues with the camping mod and ars magica (no more bat suffocation!) as well as thaumic tinker osmotic enchanter crash

Updated mods:
Ars Magica
The Camping Mod
Thaumic Tinker
Thaumic Exploration

Keep in mind, this can still take awhile before it shows up on the launcher.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
----The public server no whitelist has been updated to 2.3.16---

lotr.prospercraft.com

EDIT: Update breaks customnpcs quest progress, and HQM will not open the book.

In single player the HQM questbook is in edit the quests in the book mode.

Last edited: