[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
I have watched the youtubers, all of them, and there is a common theme and it has nothing to do with the quest wording to be honest. It is entirely because they do not read, they look, but not read. It's not a matter of me changing my mind, it is a matter of people who play actually reading the very carefully crafted text provided to explain what to do. I have seen this is the case for every single youtuber I have watched. They don't read this forum topic, they don't ask questions, they don't even watch @Vals NoisyToys first day videos to see what needs to be done. All the information to make it fun and understood is out there, with minimal effort I might add. Heck, even added an FAQ because of the repeat questions. (Slowpoke did a livestream of my pack, the weekend after it was listed on the launcher by default, and guess what, he did fine).

So forgive me if I come across upset, but it is just a simple matter of reading and following directions and using a little critical thought when doing the quests and they were deliberately intended to be that way. I appreciate and am thankful you enjoy the pack, but I hope you can understand the reason for my stance on the quests in my pack.

You don't want a lot of people playing this pack? But it's so cool. What a bummer. :(

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You don't want a lot of people playing this pack? But it's so cool. What a bummer. :(
K, that struck a nerve, /beginrant

Never said that, not once, so please, do not put words in my mouth. There are a lot of people playing this pack, by last count, over 40k people are playing this with well over 4 million minutes of playtime.

It is meant to be played not rushed. The way quests are worded is deliberate and makes players pay attention, there are and will be consequences in-game for not reading, just as there would be in other RPG's.

I can assure you that any number of people who have been playing this pack will agree with the assessment.

/endrant

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
K, that struck a nerve, /beginrant

Never said that, not once, so please, do not put words in my mouth. There are a lot of people playing this pack, by last count, over 40k people are playing this with well over 4 million minutes of playtime.

It is meant to be played not rushed. The way quests are worded is deliberate and makes players pay attention, there are and will be consequences in-game for not reading, just as there would be in other RPG's.

I can assure you that any number of people who have been playing this pack will agree with the assessment.

/endrant

You keep saying "not reading" and I'm sure that is the case sometimes, but I'm equally sure that more often the case is "not understanding". You also talk about "critical thought" but this is a fictional universe and different universes have different rules. Some people are going to look at things the way you do and will intuitively know what matters and what doesn't. Is the fact that Christina and Damon are married important? Some people would think so. How about Flaxbeard's Steampower? Is learning that vital? When the Commander directs the player to the Ancient he says that his guards were frightened. In some games that would imply a boss battle.

If something is important it needs to be repeated three times. After three times people will remember, and they will know it matters because you said it three times.

If the text is an obstacle it will break the game for a lot of people. Blaming the players doesn't make it better.

Reactions: eDilettante

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
You keep saying "not reading" and I'm sure that is the case sometimes, but I'm equally sure that more often the case is "not understanding". You also talk about "critical thought" but this is a fictional universe and different universes have different rules. Some people are going to look at things the way you do and will intuitively know what matters and what doesn't. Is the fact that Christina and Damon are married important? Some people would think so. How about Flaxbeard's Steampower? Is learning that vital? When the Commander directs the player to the Ancient he says that his guards were frightened. In some games that would imply a boss battle.

If something is important it needs to be repeated three times. After three times people will remember, and they will know it matters because you said it three times.

If the text is an obstacle it will break the game for a lot of people. Blaming the players doesn't make it better.
every youtuber that didnt get the progression right when it came to reading the quests literally went blah blah blah instead of reading the text therefore they missed out on important information i am sorry that you may not know how to read instructions but the people who do have no problems with this pack. if you look at the numbers this is the pack with the most posts for a 1.7.10 pack so alot of people play the pack alot of people love the pack there are only a few of you who have a problem with reading.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, they are there, just rare. and with the current oregen, emeralds are not that hard to get thankfully. They are there though, found a few in the southern direction from draconis.
Crash log:
http://paste.ee/p/W1lyP

Btw, I have 6 GB RAM memory.
What are good java settings in MultyMC launcher for highest FPS?
Minimum/Maximum memory allocation and PermGen
One of the reasons for the FAQ: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...enture-normal-mode.49849/page-103#post-870608

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER NEWS - 06JAN2015
  • Current Donation Status
    • Total Received - $162.86
    • Server Upkeep - $35.00/month
    • Remaining Balance - $88.34
  • Basic Server Information - NEW SERVER HOST!
    • Hosting Service Provider - GGServers.net
    • Server Stats
      • 2xE5-2670v2 CPU
      • Unlimited - RAID SSD Storage w/ FastPath (700+ MB/s read/write speeds)
      • 5GB - DDR3 ECC 1600MHz RAM
  • News
    • Changed hosting company to remove data storage limit.
    • Server version - 2.3.13
I am increasing server slot availability and will be allowing more people to join in the new few days.

For now, the current server is down while I update (1/6/15 - 1245 EST). Estimated time to come back up is 2-3 hours.

Thank you.

Is the server now up? It no longer shows up under **************

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak peak at what I have been working on....
2015-01-06_20.05.59.png

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Been having issues getting Multicraft to work properly. User error/inexperience likely. =)

I'm am crunched for time as it is right now, so server will still be down until tomorrow afternoon.

I sincerely apologize! Sorry! Best I can do though.

Thanks for the update, Ranger. Good luck with the issues!

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Been having issues getting Multicraft to work properly. User error/inexperience likely. =)

I'm am crunched for time as it is right now, so server will still be down until tomorrow afternoon.

I sincerely apologize! Sorry! Best I can do though.

No worries ranger! Better to have it right than rushed!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so two thing....

First, I really want some of the middle earth places to be better. I have found some awesome builds for middle earth. such as Minas Tirith and such. I went to each location in game so they could be generated. copied my world from the server then tried to open it in MCedit and only the overworld shows as having anything in it. The rest show as empty. Am i doing something wrong or Will MCEdit not work for this. If so What can I use to add the places I wish to add.

Second, I'm still using the 2.3.9 version on my server. My thuamcraft research is not working. I can not scan items, I get nothing not even a message saying it can not be scanned yet. Is this a problem with just my game or is this something that is a problem in this version? Is this fixed in the newer versions?

Also awesome pack. awesome quests, both with what ever mod is doing the NPC quests and HQM. I do wish there was a better variety of reward bags. So far no hearts, not sure if that is on purpose. But I get a ton of the same things. I see no troll bags, which kind suck but make you want to do more quests to get more chances and only a couple mod specific bags. O'm kinda at the point where I think I have at least gotten all there rewards there is to offer and don't need to even open bags. I think.. Still awesome pack... I can not wait to see more fixes to make solid stable and world adds.

Reactions: GreatOrator