[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
Hey didn't get time to edit today because was forced by my friends to go to hell aka gold reef city. (an amusement park) and was forced on rides. So I'm editing over night and will be able to try to start soon it will hope be up by sunday or tuesday.

Reactions: GreatOrator

WTFail89

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys having a problem I started a new game and everytime I try and talk to the king he tells me to leave with no option to begin his quest is there anything I can do??

WTFail89

Jul 29, 2019
You need to go to the fountain and listen like it says to do in the first quest before you get the customnpc quest to talk to the king
I have I even said to to that the guy at the docks for the quest mode get the feeling it didn't activate though when I click on Quest mode on in the conversation the menu just exit with nothing saying I have began the quest

Gamewalker

Jul 29, 2019
Right clicking the crucible with the book Esteemed Innovationcauses an exception on server side (2.3.13):
Code:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.block.Block.func_149694_d(Lnet/minecraft/world/World;III)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;
	at net.minecraft.block.Block.getPickBlock(Block.java:1801)
	at flaxbeard.steamcraft.item.ItemSteamcraftBook.func_77648_a(ItemSteamcraftBook.java:32)
	at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onPlaceItemIntoWorld(ForgeHooks.java:455)
	at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77943_a(ItemStack.java:128)
	at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:389)
	at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:556)
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60)
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)
	at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
	at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
ok, my buddy did not give me attitude about derping my world :) but he did sigh! anyway, he reminded me that we backed up our world when we updated to .13 version. I will continue to look around for an answer, but maybe it will be good to ask it here too. How do I restore that backed up world? I believe it was just before I started creating myst books. I printed up the spoiler for migrating your stuff to a clean world. I can do that if I need to and just be missing all of the stuff we had on us. which was a bunch, if I know my horder friend :) 90% of our stuff is in a house in LOTR diminsion. just wanted to ask if there was a certain things I should do to restore a backed up save.

Thanks for any help

Birdiegirl

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
Server's back up! Finally! Sheesh, right?

I will be responding to all those who messaged me about access.

Oh and FYI to all the new people; the server is running ForgeEssentials permissions. So you will have to be promoted before you are able to really do anything other than walk around.

Myself or GreatOrator will be able to promote you only if we are in the game together. Some reason, FE doesn't like keeping permission settings entered while players are offline.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys having a problem I started a new game and everytime I try and talk to the king he tells me to leave with no option to begin his quest is there anything I can do??
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...enture-normal-mode.49849/page-103#post-870608
Right clicking the crucible with the book Esteemed Innovationcauses an exception on server side (2.3.13):
Code:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.block.Block.func_149694_d(Lnet/minecraft/world/World;III)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;
    at net.minecraft.block.Block.getPickBlock(Block.java:1801)
    at flaxbeard.steamcraft.item.ItemSteamcraftBook.func_77648_a(ItemSteamcraftBook.java:32)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onPlaceItemIntoWorld(ForgeHooks.java:455)
    at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77943_a(ItemStack.java:128)
    at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:389)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:556)
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60)
    at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Looks to me like you are in creative mode trying to use the pick block function....
ok, my buddy did not give me attitude about derping my world :) but he did sigh! anyway, he reminded me that we backed up our world when we updated to .13 version. I will continue to look around for an answer, but maybe it will be good to ask it here too. How do I restore that backed up world? I believe it was just before I started creating myst books. I printed up the spoiler for migrating your stuff to a clean world. I can do that if I need to and just be missing all of the stuff we had on us. which was a bunch, if I know my horder friend :) 90% of our stuff is in a house in LOTR diminsion. just wanted to ask if there was a certain things I should do to restore a backed up save.

Thanks for any help

Birdiegirl
The way the aroma backups are done, you should be able to copy it direct into your save or create a new save file using it.

Reactions: eDilettante

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but there was nobody else online on the server when I logged in, and then got almost immediately dropped off, and now can't reconnect... so I'm assuming there's perhaps still a problem with some entity around my base?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for any help

Birdiegirl

Already posted a fix for the world you had. You just have to get your steve out of that age.

"You can use MCeddit to pull both of you back to the overworld. In the bar at the bottom go to players move player and place each of you into a safe location. Or you into a safe location and your buddy into a hazard of your choice. :D
Oh and there might be extra names of something like player. Just move them all."

Don't go back to that age and you will probaly not have anymore problems.

This will fix your problem with out having to go to a backup.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak peak at what I have been working on....
2015-01-06_20.05.59.png

Needs a hidden underground death maze. :p

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I decided to update to 2.3.13 ^^ Client side went all great, but the server version from the FTB launcher seems as bugged as the previous version. Can't even test run it on my localhost.
I dont remember where i got the previous server version from (it was some sort of google drive download if i recall correctly), maybe someone has a link?
Although I prey to the great Orator for all his godlike superiority and adore this modpack, you have to admit the website and the available information are a mess.
I really don't want to bother this forum all the time, but ive been messing with this server upgrade for 3 hours now and I really cant get it working