[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As promised...here is another sneak peak of what is coming!

2015-01-09_03.29.42.png

The town of WyvernHaven sports a Spleef Arena! Now servers have a way to have competitions!

Just a reminder for anyone who plans to participate in the contest---deadline is end of the month, but would like to see at least preliminary submissions if possible before then.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
As promised...here is another sneak peak of what is coming!
2015-01-09_03.29.42.png
The town of WyvernHaven sports a Spleef Arena! Now servers have a way to have competitions!

Just a reminder for anyone who plans to participate in the contest---deadline is end of the month, but would like to see at least preliminary submissions if possible before then.

Now that is looking cool! Awesome work, @GreatOrator. Looking forward to the arena, I'll have to practice my spleefing skills with Endermen on the comets. ;)

Lankoran

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, sorry i've not been around and active here for a while. Real Life took over. Glad to see the pack stability has continued and improved. Great work as ever GreatOrator, my only question is is the "Spray" of the main menu intentional? or is it some kind of sizing issue? i have a bit of a scatter effect going on where most of the menu items are top left, and one straggling button is left bottom right with a huge vacant space in the center :S

First question though since my return, glad to see the tools for Iguanas Tweaks fixed, its nice to have higher tier tools work again! but.... the Pickaxe of the Core (Thaumcraft) why is it only Tin level? is that because Thaumcraft has no use of higher level metals? or is it some other strange reason i'm not understanding?

Second question, is there any mechanic in game other than Xeno's Reliquary that can "Save" experience, because Xeno's hero medallion doesnt seem to be working for me, but i'm not familiar with any other mods?, (Or maybe i'm not using Xeno's correctly?, says to activeate the medallion to save experience, but i can't make it activate, nor do i know how to ^^)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, sorry i've not been around and active here for a while. Real Life took over. Glad to see the pack stability has continued and improved. Great work as ever GreatOrator, my only question is is the "Spray" of the main menu intentional? or is it some kind of sizing issue? i have a bit of a scatter effect going on where most of the menu items are top left, and one straggling button is left bottom right with a huge vacant space in the center :S

First question though since my return, glad to see the tools for Iguanas Tweaks fixed, its nice to have higher tier tools work again! but.... the Pickaxe of the Core (Thaumcraft) why is it only Tin level? is that because Thaumcraft has no use of higher level metals? or is it some other strange reason i'm not understanding?

Second question, is there any mechanic in game other than Xeno's Reliquary that can "Save" experience, because Xeno's hero medallion doesnt seem to be working for me, but i'm not familiar with any other mods?, (Or maybe i'm not using Xeno's correctly?, says to activeate the medallion to save experience, but i can't make it activate, nor do i know how to ^^)
First, yeah, it is sized to the default menu size...mod dev is still working on "expandable" menus.

Second, yes actually, open blocks stores XP and even has an xp drain you can place on top of an openblocks tank to store, or even store it in larger tanks by moving it around with AE or eu pipes.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Heya @eDilettante , server is up and set to peaceful, see if you can log in...

Sorry, timezones... awake now, and got dropped again when I logged in, so if it was still on peaceful it appears to be some other issue rather than a rogue mage... not sure if there are any clues in the crashlog? The client side log doesn't give me much in the way of pointers...

[08:59:36] [Netty Client IO #1/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_67]
[08:59:36] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Restoring client configs.
[08:59:36] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [OpenMods]: openmods.network.IdSyncManager.onDisconnect(IdSyncManager.java:124): Disconnected, restoring local data

[Edit] - tried one more login with no resource packs and a fresh client install, same issue. If my player file needs to be reset/deleted so be it, I'd rather start over than not be able to log in at all. I'll stay off the server until there's some news from @GreatOrator or @TheRangerX

Last edited:

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
You can use MCeddit to pull both of you back to the overworld. In the bar at the bottom go to players move player and place each of you into a safe location. Or you into a safe location and your buddy into a hazard of your choice. :D
Oh and there might be extra names of something like player. Just move them all.

NJM1564
Thanks for the advice, I downloaded MCeddit and opened it up...my eyes started to glaze over and leak ...when I looked at my desk, the word NEWB was written with my tears :) I tried to open my tolkencraft world that was derped and all it did was open the folder, after that, I had no clue what to click to open the world to be able to move my player. Since I have never even heard of MCeddit and have no idea how to work it, I decided i would try to copy over the files to a new world according to the ValsNoisyToys spoiler. I logged in the new world and had ....nothing. I am 100% sure it is was user error and not Vals directions. I am pretty sure that if you were at my computer, you would have me moved in a flash..but since you are not, I deleted the derped world. It is no big deal, my buddy and I will start a clean fresh world from scratch and I will learn my lesson not to create any myst worlds until the GreatOrator lets us know that the bugs have been fixed. odds are, I just spawned a world with too much decay or instability and it was just a fluke that it derped. needless to say, I will not do myst with my next party world. I really hate being responsible for us having to start over but he was very nice and just said, hey we start over, no biggie.

on a side note, I must say to the GreatOrator, This mod pack is awesome! and i mean that sincerely. My friend and I play Modded Minecraft 2-3 nights a week and we both are just blown away with this pack. This is first time I have read ALL of the forums for any game that I have played but I have read all of this forum. I have watched 90% of the youtube lets plays and watched ValsNoisyToys first day video. Am I disappointed that I need to start over...no way. each time I play, I learn a bit more about the mods included, a lot of them are mods I have not seen before and the quests help me to learn a bit about them. Do I want to have to kill 10 creepers and 20 skele's and zombies again....well not really, but I will :) especially since I have my spot that I can get those pesky creepers fairly easily without them spawning behind me! Will I load a Myst world in a single player world, hell yes I will. If it derps a single world, guess what I will be doing LOL.

also, looking at what you are working on for .14 has me and my buddy very excited. The new towns look fantastic! I just laugh when I build a house....a nice lovely square house :) I will have to get into the carpentry mod soon.

anyway, sorry for all the rambling, just wanted to update NJM1564 since he took the time to answer me.

Birdiegirl

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You can use MCeddit to pull both of you back to the overworld. In the bar at the bottom go to players move player and place each of you into a safe location. Or you into a safe location and your buddy into a hazard of your choice. :D

NJM1564
Thanks for the advice, I downloaded MCeddit and opened it up...my eyes started to glaze over and leak ...when I looked at my desk, the word NEWB was written with my tears :) I tried to open my tolkencraft world that was derped and all it did was open the folder, after that, I had no clue what to click to open the world to be able to move my player. Since I have never even heard of MCeddit and have no idea how to work it, I decided i would try to copy over the files to a new world according to the ValsNoisyToys spoiler. I logged in the new world and had ....nothing. I am 100% sure it is was user error and not Vals directions. I am pretty sure that if you were at my computer, you would have me moved in a flash..but since you are not, I deleted the derped world. It is no big deal, my buddy and I will start a clean fresh world from scratch and I will learn my lesson not to create any myst worlds until the GreatOrator lets us know that the bugs have been fixed. odds are, I just spawned a world with too much decay or instability and it was just a fluke that it derped. needless to say, I will not do myst with my next party world. I really hate being responsible for us having to start over but he was very nice and just said, hey we start over, no biggie.

on a side note, I must say to the GreatOrator, This mod pack is awesome! and i mean that sincerely. My friend and I play Modded Minecraft 2-3 nights a week and we both are just blown away with this pack. This is first time I have read ALL of the forums for any game that I have played but I have read all of this forum. I have watched 90% of the youtube lets plays and watched ValsNoisyToys first day video. Am I disappointed that I need to start over...no way. each time I play, I learn a bit more about the mods included, a lot of them are mods I have not seen before and the quests help me to learn a bit about them. Do I want to have to kill 10 creepers and 20 skele's and zombies again....well not really, but I will :) especially since I have my spot that I can get those pesky creepers fairly easily without them spawning behind me! Will I load a Myst world in a single player world, hell yes I will. If it derps a single world, guess what I will be doing LOL.

also, looking at what you are working on for .14 has me and my buddy very excited. The new towns look fantastic! I just laugh when I build a house....a nice lovely square house :) I will have to get into the carpentry mod soon.

anyway, sorry for all the rambling, just wanted to update NJM1564 since he took the time to answer me.

Birdiegirl
Very glad to hear that! To set the record straight though, the new content is slated for first week of february to coincide with a massive update to the LotR mod (which is also why I am holding the contest to create a middle-earth spawn town)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

NJM1564
Thanks for the advice, I downloaded MCeddit and opened it up...my eyes started to glaze over and leak ...when I looked at my desk, the word NEWB was written with my tears :) I tried to open my tolkencraft world that was derped and all it did was open the folder, after that, I had no clue what to click to open the world to be able to move my player. Since I have never even heard of MCeddit and have no idea how to work it,

Ah. Quick walkthough.:
0. Back up your save.
1. You go to your save folder and open level.dat This will open your world. Probaly someplace near spawn. (WASD Shift and space to move around. And hold right click to look around.)

The bar on the bottom will have pictures on it. Third from the right is player.
2. Click on that one.There will be a list of players on the left side of the screan.
3. Pick one and hit "move player". Click somewhere on the screen to place the player.
4. Repeat for all players.
5. Hit MCedit in the upper right of the screan.
6. Hit Save.

That should be all there is to it.

A few othe things.
Tab switch to an over head view. You can still place your players down like that.
And Modish blocks show up as pink blocks.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! it's my first time here and I love this Modpack but I've found two critical bugs, a small dupe bug and a Impossible Quest. All are based around Thaumcraft/Thaumic tinkerer.
(1) Using the Talisman of Withhold (thaumic tinkerer) Instantly crashes the game when it tries to collect exp orbs and the game cant be re opened until the exp orbs are removed from the place you crashed.
(2) Using the Osmotic enchanter (thaumic tinkerer) Instantly crashes the game and the world becomes unplayable and can only be recovered via backup.
(3) you can dupe iron with the thaumcraft crucible now because Thaumcraft iron nuggets give you 4 metallum so you can make infinite Iron nuggets with 2 iron nuggets
(4) With Warp from Thaumcraft disabled its impossible to access Kami stuff from thaumic tinkering (the section with the nether and ender shards) because you have to research EVERYTHING in vanilla thaumcraft, so its impossible to get the Ichorium primal staff fore the "Epitomy of magic control" quest.

Also Just to let you know I am playing in SSP so I don't know if the bugs work on servers but I know the other two things do. Also the Draconic sword I stole from the guard captain is too OP so I think you should maybe remove it from his office. Again having tones of fun though!

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Also Just to let you know I am playing in SSP so I don't know if the bugs work on servers but I know the other two things do. Also the Draconic sword I stole from the guard captain is too OP so I think you should maybe remove it from his office. Again having tones of fun though!

The game is played how you want to play. If you are the Hero the great people think you are, would a Hero steal? If you want to loot everything a be a Villain, you can. I don't see why he would remove something because players can't stop them self from being a thief.lol

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
The game is played how you want to play. If you are the Hero the great people think you are, would a Hero steal? If you want to loot everything a be a Villain, you can. I don't see why he would remove something because players can't stop them self from being a thief.lol
it's literally the only item I've stolen, i'm just saying its an incredibly over powered early access item, in 30mins I had a sword that hits everything in front of me at once and pretty much instant kills any mobs without armor. yes I did factor in the amount of time it took for me to get the stuff to charge it.