[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
nope, they still need to be unlocked. You will need to have killed the troll and completed that quest part in HQM to unlock. I would hope you completed the customNPC quests as well, or you will have issues going forward.

On a side note:

So everyone knows, here are a few statistics.
Total number of downloads as of this morning: 30,864 (nearly 1500 are servers)
Total Playtime combined: nearly 4 million minutes or 7.5 years of playtime

I just can't say thank you enough!

You know, I remember when the total number of hours played was around 200 or 300 or so, and I pointed out then that at that time that I was undoubtedly the majority of those hours due to my almost daily streaming (5-8 hours a day) since early beta. I also remember saying I hoped the time came that my playtime was a drop in the bucket compared to the total of other player's time because that would mean the modpack was at last getting the attention and reknown I felt it deserved.

I think I can safely say that time has most certainly has come. :)

Congratulations, GreatOrator! Whoot whoot! I hope you get another 30k downloads in the next 12 days! :)

Arikast

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I remember when the total number of hours played was around 200 or 300 or so, and I pointed out then that at that time that I was undoubtedly the majority of those hours due to my almost daily streaming (5-8 hours a day) since early beta. I also remember saying I hoped the time came that my playtime was a drop in the bucket compared to the total of other player's time because that would mean the modpack was at last getting the attention and reknown I felt it deserved.

Congratulations, GreatOrator! Whoot whoot! I hope you get another 30k downloads in the next 12 days! :)

That really is quite amazing. More than worth your due, though, GreatOrator ^_^ I've played more hours of various mod packs than I'd like to admit but this one definitely comes in at the top of my list of great mod packs.

I've been poking around the FTB forums since about MC v1.4 but only now have I created an account so I could echo Val's sentiments. All of your hard work has been well worth the effort and the acclaim is well deserved!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

As much of a success as it is...I will be happiest when I see it benefiting you and all the other youtubers as well! I still remember val when you first told me and the number of followers you had. So happy to see how many you have now!

That really is quite amazing. More than worth your due, though, GreatOrator ^_^ I've played more hours of various mod packs than I'd like to admit but this one definitely comes in at the top of my list of great mod packs.

I've been poking around the FTB forums since about MC v1.4 but only now have I created an account so I could echo Val's sentiments. All of your hard work has been well worth the effort and the acclaim is well deserved!

Thank you as well, I have enjoyed the videos you have been making and I hope this pack brings you even more subscribers!

deviator

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug, I think...

Wearing Angel wings lets you fly, but then wearing the Ring of Reach kills the flying ability until you log out and back in, even if you take them off and back on in any order. I can repeat this every time.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, since ID conflicts are actually a thing of the past...that has to be the result of something else like the java version or one of the updates that have gone out the level.dat was not copied over (if you have been playing the pack for awhile)
I have been playing for quite a while, Would the only way to fix it to start a new map?
I updated my java and they are still there ( Because those chunks were already loaded?) Man I'd hate to lose my base.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing for quite a while, Would the only way to fix it to start a new map?
I updated my java and they are still there ( Because those chunks were already loaded?) Man I'd hate to lose my base.
1. is it just in that one area that that has occurred?
2. Did you upgrade java or downgrade if your using java 8 you want to downgrade to java 7

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
1. is it just in that one area that that has occurred?
2. Did you upgrade java or downgrade if your using java 8 you want to downgrade to java 7
From what I've seen it's in 7 or 8 chunks, I haven't gone looking for it though.
I upgraded from 7 to 8.
It must be from copying over from update to update I've had this world for at least 12 updates(v2.0.6 Ithink).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If it's just in the nether you can delete those chunks and regenerate them using MCeddit.
Make a back up copy of your world.
Go to Dimension Nether.
Chunk Control. Bottom right. Menu bar.
Select effected chunks. If you can tell just select everything but what you want to keep.
Delete.
Save.
You should be good to go.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen it's in 7 or 8 chunks, I haven't gone looking for it though.
I upgraded from 7 to 8.
It must be from copying over from update to update I've had this world for at least 12 updates(v2.0.6 Ithink).
you should downgrade your java back to java 7 as a lot of mods do not like java 7 and then as NJM1564 says you can then use MCedit to remove and regenerate those chunks

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug, I think...

Wearing Angel wings lets you fly, but then wearing the Ring of Reach kills the flying ability until you log out and back in, even if you take them off and back on in any order. I can repeat this every time.
Most likely not a bug so much, as interactivity between two different mod mechanics.
If it is a base, not much you can do to fix it, though that issue only appears if the level.dat hasn't been updated in awhile with all the mod updates or you jump too many update versions. If the area is in the nether and you don't have anything important there, simply delete the nether folder and let it regenerate.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019

because i play through multimc and not sure if that time is monitored since the ftb launcher isnt loaded
and if you think about it im not sure that the total amount of time played is 100% accurate

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
it is tracked regardless of method of launch, not dependent on the launcher, but stats are possible, that time is combined from all downloads.

Now there was a period of time it was unable to track the downloads (because of a derp on my part) but was still tracking time played.

If you do the math, it translated into about 2 hours of playtime for each download currently. that is not unrealistic.

essenceoflove

Jul 29, 2019
If this is in the wrong place I will delete it. How do I get Extra Utilities energy pipes to work with tesseracts? I hate BC pipes, is there a better energy transfer system?
I think a players guide would be very helpful. This is my first Minecraft RPG and often I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
energy pipes with EU require the energy node. in the early start I would recommend the survivalist generator as it keeps it's stored energy when picked up and can be easily placed next to the machines that need power, otherwise, BC kinesis pipes are the alternative

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely not a bug so much, as interactivity between two different mod mechanics.

If it is a base, not much you can do to fix it, though that issue only appears if the level.dat hasn't been updated in awhile with all the mod updates or you jump too many update versions. If the area is in the nether and you don't have anything important there, simply delete the nether folder and let it regenerate.
Ok, I left java at 8 and deleted/ regennerated the nether and that worked my ivy are no longer beacons of Gondor. Thanks GreatOrator.
Btw, The new startup screen looks great and congratulations on the success of the pack!

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
Crash: (AM2?)

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 12/31/14 2:33 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityLookHelper.func_75651_a(SourceFile:18)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIAttackOnCollide.func_75246_d(EntityAIAttackOnCollide.java:93)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:103)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:540)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1772)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:367)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:25)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1609)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityLookHelper.func_75651_a(SourceFile:18)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIAttackOnCollide.func_75246_d(EntityAIAttackOnCollide.java:93)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:103)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:540)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1772)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:367)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:25)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1609)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)

-- Entity being ticked --
Details:
Entity Type: arsmagica2.MobDarkMage (am2.entities.EntityDarkMage)
Entity ID: 6856408
Entity Name: Dark Mage
Entity's Exact location: 2288.50, 78.00, 2976.50
Entity's Block location: World: (2288,78,2976), Chunk: (at 0,4,0 in 143,186; contains blocks 2288,0,2976 to 2303,255,2991), Region: (4,5; contains chunks 128,160 to 159,191, blocks 2048,0,2560 to 2559,255,3071)
Entity's Momentum: 0.00, -0.08, 0.00
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: world
All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['eDilettante'/5313702, l='world', x=2261.83, y=67.00, z=3052.69]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1033 Drop: 0
Level seed: 1829978130134724185
Level generator: ID 04 - BIOMESOP, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-328,65,957), Chunk: (at 8,4,13 in -21,59; contains blocks -336,0,944 to -321,255,959), Region: (-1,1; contains chunks -32,32 to -1,63, blocks -512,0,512 to -1,255,1023)
Level time: 48464667 game time, 50967035 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 28049 (now: false), thunder time: 76889 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Also, server update information coming later today.