[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
just checked pams does have fish didnt before but does now 16 types of fish in fact
Yup, and I've now caught most of them... that's why I said I thought it was from the last Pam's update (I think from TCII v2.3.10) - I hadn't played on anything later than 2.3.9 as that's what the server is still on, so it wasn't until I started a new single-player in 2.3.12 that I went fishing again and all of a sudden was catching all the fish listed above, all from Pams... before then I'd never seen any fish from Pams, and knew the difference between the aquaculture rods and the minecraft ones so was pretty sure it wasn't that. :)

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, and I've now caught most of them... that's why I said I thought it was from the last Pam's update (I think from TCII v2.3.10) - I hadn't played on anything later than 2.3.9 as that's what the server is still on, so it wasn't until I started a new single-player in 2.3.12 that I went fishing again and all of a sudden was catching all the fish listed above, all from Pams... before then I'd never seen any fish from Pams, and knew the difference between the aquaculture rods and the minecraft ones so was pretty sure it wasn't that. :)
I also despaired of getting 8 fish. It took me 5 days and 4 nights to get my 8 fish. I caught so many other fish as well as a heap of junk from the bottom - boots, sticks, messages in bottles and old crates. Not sure I want to bother with the fisherman's quest for more.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
I also despaired of getting 8 fish. It took me 5 days and 4 nights to get my 8 fish. I caught so many other fish as well as a heap of junk from the bottom - boots, sticks, messages in bottles and old crates. Not sure I want to bother with the fisherman's quest for more.
I'd love to get some boots... I'd almost given up after 30 random Pams fish in a row with nothing else, when suddenly I got a vanilla pufferfish, so it is at least possible. Another 25 Pams fish later I finally got my first Minecraft raw fish. So Pam's hasn't totally usurped the fishing mechanic, but it has seriously messed with the percentages, which were dodgy enough to start with. Decided to run a random sample of 100 casts - I caught 96 assorted Pams fish, two Minecraft raw fish, one pufferfish and one salmon.

Probably nobody has noticed since the Pam's fishy update in December because apart from the specific quest in this pack hardly anyone playing modded minecraft would actually go vanilla fishing anymore; with aquaculture, mariculture and MFR fisheries why would you stand around using an old wooden rod if you didn't have to?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
just checked pams does have fish didnt before but does now 16 types of fish in fact
I'll look into the configs then...that tricky pam...if she has the ability to turn them off I probably will. That's too many fish then.

Ok, so the upside...confirmed pam added fish. Downside, she did not allow for a way to reduce or disable them...

That said, I will have to take a look at the quests involving fish and may just add minecraft fish to the fisherman in the market....

Last edited:

Lankoran

Jul 29, 2019
I've been plodding on through the game and stuff quietly and still really enjoying the pack, got to a point where i was comfortable in the overworld, so i decided to go and explore Middle Earth, just a quick query regarding this though, is it meant to be so slow to generate terrain?, I've tested both on my private server, and in singleplayer, and i can be stood by a chunk line for nearly a minute before the next chunk loads. (Jokes aside, i know the map is huge, but is this usual for these huge load times?)

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I've been plodding on through the game and stuff quietly and still really enjoying the pack, got to a point where i was comfortable in the overworld, so i decided to go and explore Middle Earth, just a quick query regarding this though, is it meant to be so slow to generate terrain?, I've tested both on my private server, and in singleplayer, and i can be stood by a chunk line for nearly a minute before the next chunk loads. (Jokes aside, i know the map is huge, but is this usual for these huge load times?)
The LotR mod is unique above all other dimension/terrain mods in that it almost reqrites the code in how it generates. This means a lot of the vanilla techniques may not be as effective in middle-earth unfortunately. Plus, I would try re-loading the modpack from a fresh reboot on your PC (I use this technique myself) so that your PC memory is completely fresh , this seems to help enormously.

If anybody wants to team up? i got my Private server running
Very nice! I would also suggest maybe advertising in the server section of FTB as well.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Rellicus

Jul 29, 2019
Having problems with the quest: Forge and Hellfire. The quest recognizes all the seared parts except the faucet. I made a faucet, dropped it, picked it up, used nei to give me one, then a stack, and it still won't recognize the progression. Any fix or way to bypass?

Edit: Made another one on a regular crafting table instead of a crafting station, and it fixed the problem... no idea why.

Last edited:

Rellicus

Jul 29, 2019
Suppose I should say: Awesome modpack! One of the finest so far, especially nice to have a newer 1.7 modpack and I see you are updating and fixing on a nearly daily basis. Very nice!

I can't seem to find any energy conduits in the mod to move my RF around, did they get replaced with something else? The solar farm isn't going to work too well without some kinda energy cables. Thanks!

mcgoog

Jul 29, 2019
Suppose I should say: Awesome modpack! One of the finest so far, especially nice to have a newer 1.7 modpack and I see you are updating and fixing on a nearly daily basis. Very nice!

I can't seem to find any energy conduits in the mod to move my RF around, did they get replaced with something else? The solar farm isn't going to work too well without some kinda energy cables. Thanks!
Best bet early game is kinetic pipes from buildcraft. They are cheap and dont explode

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gents, Found out several more Youtubers doing let's plays on the pack:

• gamer55561
  • xSnowstep
  • Prosper Craft
  • Kyrriam
  • Lanceypooh
I have added them to the OP but show some love to these wonderful people.

At this point, the list is getting pretty large!

mcgoog

Jul 29, 2019
Hey orator,just some food for thought. On the next iteration of tolkiencraft, the configs could use a little more tweaking. It is the most time consuming part of making a modpack, but i feel that is what sets great packs apart from the rest. With the loyalty most of your beta testers have shown, it could be streamlined into whatever is beyond great. Some examples i have seen are; multiple ores of same type ( conversion tables are a pain), loot table changes to remove vanilla tools, and some worldgen changes to reduce flowers, multiple apple trees, ect... i am in no way putting the pack down though, i have spent more time on it than is healthy. Its the first pack to hook me since hexxit.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey orator,just some food for thought. On the next iteration of tolkiencraft, the configs could use a little more tweaking. It is the most time consuming part of making a modpack, but i feel that is what sets great packs apart from the rest. With the loyalty most of your beta testers have shown, it could be streamlined into whatever is beyond great. Some examples i have seen are; multiple ores of same type ( conversion tables are a pain), loot table changes to remove vanilla tools, and some worldgen changes to reduce flowers, multiple apple trees, ect... i am in no way putting the pack down though, i have spent more time on it than is healthy. Its the first pack to hook me since hexxit.
I had looked into many of the changes you mentioned actually. The ores, I used the CoFH generation to fix it (except in the pre-generated area...that was done before the CoFH was changed) though short of adding minetweaker or mod tweaker no easy way to totally eliminate the extra ores you get from say artifice, but from the playing I have done, all the mining I have seen in areas outside of pre-genned chunks seems to have no issue with mutliple ores. In the few cases it may happen is why I added the ore dictionary mod to fix it at least from the player end.

The vanilla tools had to be left in as they are needed for a number of crafting recipes and besides, they do sometimes come with enchants that may be useful on "vanilla" weapons.

The overall flower spread i have actually been happy with.

Thank you for letting me know you are enjoying the pack and I definitely appreciate the feedback!

Loving the modpack, i don't know if this has been brought up yet but in "I want all things!", "Building remotely" quest, it does not give me a "manual submit" button, bug or am I missing something?
Those you have to craft in a vanilla table or use the QED to submit is why. They are set to detect that the item has been crafted and it won't be able to detect in most mod crafting tables.

mcgoog

Jul 29, 2019
Did you happen to look into refined relocation. From tinkers construct blocks down, no boxes will stay checked. It sorts by creative tabs, so it maybe a couple of mods not playing nice. Not gamebreaking, but 3 chests full of randomness is annoying. I guess its time to learn ae2. I have tried different versions of refined, same result. Only extra mods installed are optifine and fastcraft.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
New contest!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, with the number of people playing greatly increasing I shall try this again...

What I want is to see the building skills of the playerbase potentially to add a new town to the modpack.
Some Guidelines:

• Build needs to be in middle-earth
  • Try to give it a shire-esque feeling (remember hobbits)
  • Don't need any NPC's built, but decorate to your hearts content
  • Builds should be submitted by the end of January
The winner will be chosen from a panel of seasoned pack players and not only will their build be used in-game as a second town to be added to the pack, but they will get a permanent NPC added.

The concept is that the town should be a major town along the line of draconis and will be the staging ground for another series of quests I have been mulling over.

If you have a build you want to submit, place the entire middle-earth folder in an archive, upload to dropbox, google drive, etc, and provide me a link via PM.

Did you happen to look into refined relocation. From tinkers construct blocks down, no boxes will stay checked. It sorts by creative tabs, so it maybe a couple of mods not playing nice. Not gamebreaking, but 3 chests full of randomness is annoying. I guess its time to learn ae2. I have tried different versions of refined, same result. Only extra mods installed are optifine and fastcraft.
Yes, and newest version addresses that bug and should be fixed in the next update which I am going to TRY to push out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GreatOrator

I'm very sorry I havn't uplouded an episode 2 yet. You know with friends for new years eve and tomorrow the 2nd I'm throwing my Friend Kod a serprise party for his birthday so been planning that. I'm record episode 2 on Sat and should be up by sun or mon. Thnx again for the map. Wish I could enter contest but too busy right now, maybe the next one.

Can't wait to play more. :D :D :D

The Winter Miner

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GreatOrator

I'm very sorry I havn't uplouded an episode 2 yet. You know with friends for new years eve and tomorrow the 2nd I'm throwing my Friend Kod a serprise party for his birthday so been planning that. I'm record episode 2 on Sat and should be up by sun or mon. Thnx again for the map. Wish I could enter contest but too busy right now, maybe the next one.

Can't wait to play more. :D :D :D

The Winter Miner
Hope you don't mind but I shared the page on Twitter. :D
Don't mind at all, :D and honestly did not expect as much as had gone on. It is the holidays after all and real life > games

Side Note: I ended up adding raw fish (vanilla) to the fisherman stall in the market. Once the update goes live, you will need to make sure that you copy over the customncp folder from the template in order to see the change.

Last edited: