[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone interested, here are my current JVM options for a 16 GB computer:
Code:
-Xms10G -Xmx10G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=250 -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -verbose:gc -Xloggc:gc.log -Dsun.zip.disableMemoryMapping=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

No FastCraft or OptiFine needed for perfectly smooth gameplay. Don't use the FTB launcher because it adds JVM options of its own without telling you.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yes he is working on bugs you can tell me some of the bugs and i can ask him to get them done sooner as he is busy updating now so if he knows now he will have a point of doing them. :D I hope I can help. :D
well, the biggest issue (before the hat crash) was that to make cloth conflicted with the recipe to make carpets
Need some help from the more technical people. I've discovered that the JIT just about shuts itself off after the code cache fills up. The default maximum code cache on my system is 96M. Linux x64 Java 7u71. After setting -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512M the game stops slowing down, especially in NEI, and goes up to around 130M of code cache used. Could someone check if this is a problem on Windows and Mac as well? Maybe this should be a recommended setting on clients as well as servers?

The default maximum code cache for Java 7 is 48M (!) and changes to 96M with tiered compilation. Ouch. I definitely recommend adding -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=160M or higher.

For anyone interested, here are my current JVM options:
Code:
-Xms8G -Xmx8G -XX:PermSize=384M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512M -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=20 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:InitialTenuringThreshold=64 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Dsun.zip.disableMemoryMapping=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
I actually include a JVM argument for java 7 that works rather well

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
well, the biggest issue (before the hat crash) was that to make cloth conflicted with the recipe to make carpets

The Carpet has been fixed and hat he has been in code for hours trying to fix that. In next update the carpet will 100% be fixed and still ish about on the hat. Here is the post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ngcraft-customizable-dynamic-realistic?page=7

I hope this helps.

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019

Ah, I see the FPS Solutions.txt now. Thanks for the reminder. Those args do work fairly well. It seems to trigger CMS GC quite often, though, which results in half second pauses in game. But it's good enough that it's not worth tuning further.

(Original post at top of page updated with my last word on this)

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@Tigerlore are you playing this modpack on a server using some kind of permission plugin?
that message appears to everyone i believe.
Think I finally found the cause of it after a lot of searching...

I need someone to edit the customnpc config and find this line:
#Only ops can create and edit npcs
and set OpsOnly to false and let me know if you still see that message...

Rellicus

Jul 29, 2019
I know (or have a strong suspicion) that iguana tweaks is causing my draconic tools to not work. (This item cannot mine anything red text) What can I change and in which config to override the setting? Its weird because redstone flux tools, the ones that can switch with the V key work fine...

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
Think I finally found the cause of it after a lot of searching...

I need someone to edit the customnpc config and find this line:
#Only ops can create and edit npcs
and set OpsOnly to false and let me know if you still see that message...

Your not actually considering that as a viable solution are you? As far as i know that would allow anyone to make custom npc's that can do just about anything including giving you items.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I know (or have a strong suspicion) that iguana tweaks is causing my draconic tools to not work. (This item cannot mine anything red text) What can I change and in which config to override the setting? Its weird because redstone flux tools, the ones that can switch with the V key work fine...
That is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update or open the main.cfg file in the iguana tweaks config folder and
Change the whitelist from DraconicEvolution to draconicevolution...forgot to make that change...