[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Not a bug, per se, it is the result of new protections near the witch spawners, the graves are not being placed which is the cause. Guess I may have to rethink that area yet again.
maybe you could change it so gravestones dont show up in "boss fights" and just make it known where those areas are; might make me think a lil more before killing the troll with tnt. btw i thought you did the same thing with the sewer creeper spawner but i just went and died there and got a gravestone.

Reactions: GreatOrator

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
So looks like my Blacksmith disappeared all of a sudden. Not sure what happened. He pathing seemed all jacked up; he was walking past the church and on to the wall. Now he's just gone. Anyway of respawning him using commands or the NPC Wand?

Can't run a server for quests without him.
he paths around the church before going to bed where he glitches through the wall/ dirt to get there i saw it sometimes since 2.1 and i noticed it only made him completely disappear on a handfull of worldgens sometimes he would do the same forever i think if he gets past the 4th day your pretty safe. could never get wand to bring him back. i always just made a new world.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
he paths around the church before going to bed where he glitches through the wall/ dirt to get there i saw it sometimes since 2.1 and i noticed it only made him completely disappear on a handfull of worldgens sometimes he would do the same forever i think if he gets past the 4th day your pretty safe. could never get wand to bring him back. i always just made a new world.

I saw that he did do that one time, but managed to come back in the morning. This time around he was just gone. GreatOrator and I figured out it was best to simply recopy over the region files from the download. That seems to have fixed it.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
They can only be made by upgrading the small backpacks. Same recipe as the big, but you put a small backpack in the middle.
Thanks :) I did hit 'R' over the large packs in NEI but nothing showed.

And just when you thought you knew all there was to fear in the land you come across a lovely manor house ... and a heap of creepers shoot out the chimney and start floating around in the air.

johnjack

Jul 29, 2019
There's a crash when you die while wearing a backpack. (worn in Sneak-B backpack slot, not a regular inventory slot) If you relog and break the grave the whole backpack is missing! The Gravestone mod author says it's not compatible with Backpack mod. Can switch to OpenBlocks grave stones?

edit: 2.3.0 smp

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so has the recipe for the large backpack been removed? Because it is uncraftable.
i had the same
I'll double check, but yeah, supposed to be and upgrade now (which made more sense)
There's a crash when you die while wearing a backpack. (worn in Sneak-B backpack slot, not a regular inventory slot) If you relog and break the grave the whole backpack is missing! The Gravestone mod author says it's not compatible with Backpack mod. Can switch to OpenBlocks grave stones?
edit: 2.3.0 smp
They are actually both active, because neither one can handle all the stuff a player has and was causing loss in one way or another. The main issue is that the gravestones are kinda weird the way they work and even more so when you use modded backpacks. In the early testing enabling both was the only way to decrease the chance of glitching when you died. The only real way I have found to protect your items is to either turn on keep inventory and turn off gravestones, or use ender pouches so the items will always be there if something happens.

Best solutions considering you are supposed to just drop everything when you die normally.
Thanks :) I did hit 'R' over the large packs in NEI but nothing showed.

And just when you thought you knew all there was to fear in the land you come across a lovely manor house ... and a heap of creepers shoot out the chimney and start floating around in the air.
Yeah, added something like close to 100 new ruins this round, glad to see it has added a new element of fear...lol

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I would like to say helping the Children/Teacher out at the Schoolhouse was by far the best Quest yet.lol Well the reward was that is. (I'm know, I know, helping the children is rewarding in it's self)lol. I opened the reward bag, and BOOM! I got Precision Shears(good), Reinforced Watering can(better), Builders Wand(great), & Angle Wings(!AWESOME!)!!

Now back to helping the great people of the Kingdom:) I really need to set up a base somewhere, but I just can't stop running around the amazing starting area and helping out. The only issue I have ran into, is the one NPC in the mages tower tell me to come back when I am ready, but all he does is repeat that same dialog. I have done that quest in my earlier games, but for some reason he doesn't feel I'm ready. lol Thanks again for this great pack:):)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome and glad you are enjoying this!

Which NPC specifically in the mage tower? May need to fix something. At some point you get a quest that will send you far away to build your own base...

Reactions: cravenhydra78

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
We actually have an official server courtesy of @TheRangerX and from statistics there are well over 100 servers running this pack.

You would treat it very much the same as an SSP world, anyone joining the server should not build any closer than about 2k blocks from spawn

Reactions: cravenhydra78

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
We actually have an official server courtesy of @TheRangerX and from statistics there are well over 100 servers running this pack.

You would treat it very much the same as an SSP world, anyone joining the server should not build any closer than about 2k blocks from spawn
is there a place i can see all the servers listed? i would like to try this pack on one.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome and glad you are enjoying this!

Which NPC specifically in the mage tower? May need to fix something. At some point you get a quest that will send you far away to build your own base...

Its Malus, Quest: Reinforcements 1. I just says "councilroom: Not Found".

I also got the quest that sent me to Achdranys and I completed it.(it was just to find him, but he will not talk to me and give me the key that is used to activate the warp that is right next to were he sits. He just replies I have been waiting for you to arrive.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
is there a place i can see all the servers listed? i would like to try this pack on one.
I wish I did, the statistics I track only show me total count, not location. As for ranger's you can PM him to request to be whitelisted

Its Malus, Quest: Reinforcements 1. I just says "councilroom: Not Found".

I also got the quest that sent me to Achdranys and I completed it.(it was just to find him, but he will not talk to me and give me the key that is used to activate the warp that is right next to were he sits. He just replies I have been waiting for you to arrive.
Yea, that was something reported, and I think I might have it fixed now, but will be this weekend before I push the update to the FTB team only because I really hate putting out incremental updates, would rather have stuff for you guys when I push any update out, unless it is a crash causing bug of course.

For the Achdranys guy, his full quest will only open up once you have completed the coven III quest

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the best way to get Pam's Harvestcraft Seeds? I have been trying to get onion seeds for ever, and the only thing dropping from punching grass in seeds, choco seeds, and witchery seeds.
Try using a matock on grass - just don't do it near water or you get farm land. Actually, I got farm land even when i was well away from water in the 2.1 release but forgot to report it.