[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sayshal

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get weird duplicate/GUI glitches? I'll make a video soon if I can, or take screenshots.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have updated the list for you with all the resources packs I have found up to this point

Yeah, could be, NEI and AE haven't worked well together since the newest versions of AE. I am hoping at some point he not only fixes that, but the shift-click error

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to limit the issue, or are we screwed.
Well, it tends to work best in the first log in, but over time (or if you use the inventory search feature) it starts to get wonky...been that way for a number of versions actually. I would just turn off NEI sync...
what have you done to the sewers? it used to be so safe there. also theres a floating tree in the ocean biome north of the chocobos
Well, it's the trade-off. Town is now nearly mob free due to lighting, so the mobs now spawn more frequently in the sewers...

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
jeraldine's quest for 64 wool she doesnt take the wool. ahab still has derpy locator and council room locator is acting the same way now i even went to creative and flew around and cant find the sweet spot for the tower so cannot start mages quests. also should there be anything on tab 8 of the quest book. the lumberjack quest went well after i found the right kind of ores. even the queens quest went off without a hitch; thank you for that one.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
the camping mod got me again while stealing the tent from the bandits but it seems to work after the inital time dont know if its from the mod or maybe i shouldnt steal
I'll watch that one...just in case. If we see it again i'll report it.
jeraldine's quest for 64 wool she doesnt take the wool. ahab still has derpy locator and council room locator is acting the same way now i even went to creative and flew around and cant find the sweet spot for the tower so cannot start mages quests. also should there be anything on tab 8 of the quest book. the lumberjack quest went well after i found the right kind of ores. even the queens quest went off without a hitch; thank you for that one.
interesting...i'll test that quest again. It worked fine in testing.
For the locations, a lot of times you may either need to leave the area and return, or log out an back in...those location markers for customnpc are finicky at times I have noticed.
Great to see new update. I will be home on weekend and can't wait to try it out. :)
Excellent, looking forward to your finds.

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, getting a little confused with the updated HQM quest book ... I've completed section 1 again and am now heading off to kill the troll from the NPCQuest, but the old HQM troll quest which used to be in section 7 seems to have vanished? Section 7 is now full of oreberry quests and I can't see where the troll (and coven, and start of the investigation) quests are now, nor which quest(s) would need to be done to unlock them? And as per cravenhydra above, section 8 in the HQM just has a bunch of blank quest placeholders?

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, getting a little confused with the updated HQM quest book ... I've completed section 1 again and am now heading off to kill the troll from the NPCQuest, but the old HQM troll quest which used to be in section 7 seems to have vanished? Section 7 is now full of oreberry quests and I can't see where the troll (and coven, and start of the investigation) quests are now, nor which quest(s) would need to be done to unlock them? And as per cravenhydra above, section 8 in the HQM just has a bunch of blank quest placeholders?
You're right, it is not showing up in HQM like in the previous versions of the modpack. However, I found that by following the CustomNPC quests, killing the troll opens it up on that page.

The one issue I found afterwards was that the HQM quest for the ancient where you have to have a dislocator and a key, the key didn't register and no amount of cheating in keys allowed me to complete the quest.

I just assumed the placeholders were for a future update. They font really bother anything.

Also, the recipe for the Chisel chisel is the same as the trowel, but the trowel overrides so you can't craft a chisel.

On another note; I plan on opening the my server to those who would like to play either tonight or tomorrow. It is whitelisted, and right now I am limiting slots to 10 players. I will post more on this tonight.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I rearranged the quest book and changed it's purpose a bit in regards to the CustomNPC quests, too many people were just doing the HQM quests so in order to help them understand there is more, the HQM book is being used more as a Journal. Once you locate the troll, the quest will show up.

The new section, yes, that is part of a future update that I had not completed yet, and since HQM updates don't require moving mountains for you guys, I left them in until I get them finished.
You're right, it is not showing up in HQM like in the previous versions of the modpack. However, I found that by following the CustomNPC quests, killing the troll opens it up on that page.

The one issue I found afterwards was that the HQM quest for the ancient where you have to have a dislocator and a key, the key didn't register and no amount of cheating in keys allowed me to complete the quest.

I just assumed the placeholders were for a future update. They font really bother anything.

Also, the recipe for the Chisel chisel is the same as the trowel, but the trowel overrides so you can't craft a chisel.

On another note; I plan on opening the my server to those who would like to play either tonight or tomorrow. It is whitelisted, and right now I am limiting slots to 10 players. I will post more on this tonight.
I will look into the key he is giving, it is possible it lost the data linked to the keystone. If that's the case, should be an easy fix. Yeah, the chisel issue has been reported and he will be adding a config option to change the recipe, problem is in the newest versions many of the chisel blocks I used disappear, which he is also working to fix. So once that is done, should be ok. The chisel should be available from one of the market npc's (or was it the trowel?) if not I will go fix it or add a one-time quest to HQM as a work-around in the mean-time.

Looking forward to the server, you know you can count me in on that one. Just let me know and I will be there and I'll be able to finally add you to the OP as the official server for the pack.

EDIT: A workaround for the ancient quest, use a stone button on the keystone, it should transfer the redstone pulse to the block that is being activated behind it.

Last edited:

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into the key he is giving, it is possible it lost the data linked to the keystone. If that's the case, should be an easy fix. Yeah, the chisel issue has been reported and he will be adding a config option to change the recipe, problem is in the newest versions many of the chisel blocks I used disappear, which he is also working to fix. So once that is done, should be ok. The chisel should be available from one of the market npc's (or was it the trowel?) if not I will go fix it or add a one-time quest to HQM as a work-around in the mean-time.

Can make a repeatable quest that takes a stick and iron??