[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, for that error, I would post at the FTB support forum, I've seen it before, but it has to do with the launcher and the way it is handling the update for my pack. It can happen to just one pack, unfortunate it has chosen mine to do so though.
i can't make heads or tails of the FTB support section. i don't have the time to go through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
i can't make heads or tails of the FTB support section. i don't have the time to go through it so i'll just give up, shame it looked like a great pack.
I like to think so. Perhaps someone else that is playing it has any ideas?

Otherwise I would wait until they release the latest update.

So i went over to the support forums for you.

My pack is not the only one that has this problem according to the support area, it is random who has the issue, but in every case the solution ended up being uninstall and reinstall the FTB launcher

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019
So i went over to the support forums for you.
My pack is not the only one that has this problem according to the support area, it is random who has the issue, but in every case the solution ended up being uninstall and reinstall the FTB launcher

Thanks for that, that page was a jumble and i couldn't make sense of anything, and the posts i did click either had no answer or a "downgrade from java 8" answer which i don't have I'm on 7.
but i took your advice and installed a new ftb launcher and it worked, the only thing is i got in game and on the main page it's saying V2.2.1
but hey i can finally play so I'm not complaining.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that, that page was a jumble and i couldn't make sense of anything, and the posts i did click either had no answer or a "downgrade from java 8" answer which i don't have I'm on 7.
but i took your advice and installed a new ftb launcher and it worked, the only thing is i got in game and on the main page it's saying V2.2.1

It says v2.2.1 because that was the version number that great orator sent them but the FTB time had some issues so they had to reupload it as v 2.2.2

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
It says v2.2.1 because that was the version number that great orator sent them but the FTB time had some issues so they had to reupload it as v 2.2.2
Pretty much this...which I am seriously hoping does not happen this time...
Any texture-pack for this yet?
@GreatOrator If you update the 'Mods Still Needed' thing at this link I can help you update it. I have experience enough to blend some things together (hopefully). Would love to help as I can't stand vanilla minecraft textures.
Well, thank you! I will work on getting that updated tonight. I had stopped since I was the only one working on it...lol.

But much help appreciated is!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Texture pack related, preferably at the bdcraft site, modpack related, here of course! lol

Keep in mind, with the resource pack, I am as far from being graphically inclined as nearly possible, so most of the work is simply compiling the pack from what the people there have done with a few tweaks by myself when I can.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Sayshal

Jul 29, 2019
Texture pack related, preferably at the bdcraft site, modpack related, here of course! lol

Keep in mind, with the resource pack, I am as far from being graphically inclined as nearly possible, so most of the work is simply compiling the pack from what the people there have done with a few tweaks by myself when I can.
That's great, I just need the list of what's left so I can start. I've never worked on texturepacks but I'm good with photoshop. Most of it will be cut/paste of default sphax textures just to match.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That's great, I just need the list of what's left so I can start. I've never worked on texturepacks but I'm good with photoshop. Most of it will be cut/paste of default sphax textures just to match.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZ9KTyFfyeOdHVKbjRVR3hVSk1PSEtodmJ1MTJKUGc#gid=2
That is the page I keep track of what mods I know I either have the textures for or do not need them to the best of my knowledge for both sphax and soartex. So anything with an X means I already have the resources, no X means I still need them

Sayshal

Jul 29, 2019
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZ9KTyFfyeOdHVKbjRVR3hVSk1PSEtodmJ1MTJKUGc#gid=2
That is the page I keep track of what mods I know I either have the textures for or do not need them to the best of my knowledge for both sphax and soartex. So anything with an X means I already have the resources, no X means I still need them
Alright well I've already found 4-5 mods with Sphax textures, I'm going to work on that first since it's more popular. I'll compile a list of download links for you?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
2.3? Great! I haven't played for a few days so I am looking forward to firing up the PC, shortly. I spent some time yesterday porting all my ftb instances to multimc and updating them. Can anyone tell me how Tolkincraft2 performs on it from their own experience?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
no loading errors or missing mod notifications so looks like its good to go. I like new addition to town.
Excellent and thank you! I am quite pleased with how the town ended up in the end, and glad you guys are liking it too!
2.3? Great! I haven't played for a few days so I am looking forward to firing up the PC, shortly. I spent some time yesterday porting all my ftb instances to multimc and updating them. Can anyone tell me how Tolkincraft2 performs on it from their own experience?
Well, MultiMC is how I work on and build the pack...so I would say pretty good actuallly