[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, it would. Wonder what Kind of command block, customNPC code I could use to make it happen. Though the commander does give a repeatable quest to earn those as well as the guards.

Ima have to do some testing....dang it, just as I thought I was done with the map (flash of inspiration)
yaaay a flash i was hoping that would happen. and those quests dont repeat for me it goes through the speech but no quest actually shows up. also i dont know if their is one and i missed it but could you add an quest to get you started in LOTR. i got the mages quest telling me to go there but no idea how to start off now that im there maybe legolas could give you a heads up something like (since your going to the shire say hi to ###### for me) or something.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
yaaay a flash i was hoping that would happen. and those quests dont repeat for me it goes through the speech but no quest actually shows up. also i dont know if their is one and i missed it but could you add an quest to get you started in LOTR. i got the mages quest telling me to go there but no idea how to start off now that im there maybe legolas could give you a heads up something like (since your going to the shire say hi to ###### for me) or something.
The quest going to Middle Earth was the main quest line I have been finishing actually. Most of the repeatable quests actually are set to repeat after one real life day.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
Update: So I have completed work on what tentatively will be version 2.3.0 of the modpack (aside from any mods that update soon) and have uploaded it for certain VIP's to download and test.

This means potentially I will have a version to submit by next weekend.

Some of the important fixes have been an extensive testing of all the customnpc quests to fix some of the persistent bugs as well as finishing up with the main questline. This also means, barring some sudden flash of inspiration, this will be the last major content update going forward with future updates being primarily for HQM and mods.

If you're updating the HQM quests, I would like to offer a few suggestions based on what I've found so far.

• Reduce the level of reward bags. Ideally keep the "Epic" bags confined to the very last quest in the chain, with perhaps several quests that reward bags of "Greater" level immediately preceding.

• Remove and Expand on the different mod subsets. The "Technology" and "Magic" sections are good, but they can be better if individual mods (especially the larger ones) were broken out into their own full-line. My suggestion would be the following:
    • Thermal Expansion/Tinker's combination
    • Railcraft/Flaxbeards combination
    • Extra Utilities/BC combination
    • Applied Energistics
    • Ars Magica
    • Botania
    • Thaumcraft
    • Witchery
  • Instead of giving upgraded versions of the items as rewards, look at providing materials that will help with achieving the next tier.

I'm looking forward to the update. I think with that I'll be opening the server to those who want to join.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I sent you a PM, but I will definitely consider that for HQM, keep in mind it was never my intention to teach people how to use the mods, just a fun reward for doing something you would already be doing normally.

I can say, that completing the npc quests as well as all the starter quest, I did not see a lot of issues with the number of bags, because keep in mind that while each higher tier does have a better chance of getting higher rewards, they are still awarded by chance.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
wow i mean wow i just went to the nether. wow. that is not the run of the mill bring the family and a pick-nick basket type of hell dimension im used to. i think i even saw a tree. a freakin tree in the nether. defiantly worth the 3 hours of butt clenching though. anyway on to the point. i made the draconic evolution book and all was good till i closed it and my game went from 95 fps to 1 frame about every 10 seconds then crashed so i was wondering is that something im not supposed to have? other than that no new issues tonight (i still cant feed things). oo and suggestion about the mob boss dungeon daily quest idea RehabOholic had if you do that you really should make the bosses way harder there.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @GreatOrator I just installed this modpack and it seams so interesting. Never seen this story before. I started to do my own Let's play series of this modpack. Is there a chance to get NPC in Drakonis with my name somehow :) Thanks and best regards! I will post first episode tomorrow.
Glad you are enjoying the pack! As for NPC's, that bridge was closed when we came out of beta and the one's that are there were players that provided enormous amounts of help from nearly day one of the pack being public, so sorry. However, if you provide the channel, I will surely list you here and at my main website for all to see!

EDIT: Saw your youtube channel in your siggy, already added to OP, will get you added to website a little later today.
wow i mean wow i just went to the nether. wow. that is not the run of the mill bring the family and a pick-nick basket type of hell dimension im used to. i think i even saw a tree. a freakin tree in the nether. defiantly worth the 3 hours of butt clenching though. anyway on to the point. i made the draconic evolution book and all was good till i closed it and my game went from 95 fps to 1 frame about every 10 seconds then crashed so i was wondering is that something im not supposed to have? other than that no new issues tonight (i still cant feed things). oo and suggestion about the mob boss dungeon daily quest idea RehabOholic had if you do that you really should make the bosses way harder there.
Lol, yeah, the nether is something else when you have natura installed. Still working on the whole arena idea so not yet sure about implementation. Do you have a crash report? Draconic Evolution is definitely one of the easier mods to get fixed if there is a problem, though the entire book is being redone in an update so if it was the issue it most likely has been fixed.

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you are enjoying the pack! As for NPC's, that bridge was closed when we came out of beta and the one's that are there were players that provided enormous amounts of help from nearly day one of the pack being public, so sorry. However, if you provide the channel, I will surely list you here and at my main website for all to see!

EDIT: Saw your youtube channel in your siggy, already added to OP, will get you added to website a little later today.

Lol, yeah, the nether is something else when you have natura installed. Still working on the whole arena idea so not yet sure about implementation. Do you have a crash report? Draconic Evolution is definitely one of the easier mods to get fixed if there is a problem, though the entire book is being redone in an update so if it was the issue it most likely has been fixed.
Thank you man :) It's my first time to encounter with CustomNPC's mod and I am really enjoying for what you made there. Good job for you and any1 else who developed this modpack. I regret for not developing anything to this modpack, but I will try to promote it as best as I can on my channel. Thanks and best regards!

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
...(snip)...
I can say, that completing the npc quests as well as all the starter quest, I did not see a lot of issues with the number of bags, because keep in mind that while each higher tier does have a better chance of getting higher rewards, they are still awarded by chance.

Yeah, and then there's those with lousy luck like me who keep getting signal flares from epic bags. :p

Re streaming - I'll be resuming on Wed, Nov 12 @2pm MST. Sorry for the hiatus but it was unavoidable. Hope to see you there! :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, and then there's those with lousy luck like me who keep getting signal flares from epic bags. :p

Re streaming - I'll be resuming on Wed, Nov 12 @2pm MST. Sorry for the hiatus but it was unavoidable. Hope to see you there! :)
rofl...very much this...I guess in all fairness, those flares are probably the only trolly reward...though at the time I didn't think so...until @Vals NoisyToys kept getting them.

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
So far so good. Btw, I noticed that when you complete quest and claim reward, it will still be purple color as quest that is complete but not claimed reward. Although you wont be able to claim reward again. That must be bug in HQM mod.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
So I think I found another bug.

Started off with 2 Leadstone Flux Capacitors in my inventory. Had equipped 2 artifact items that passively repaired all items when worn and had a third artifact that repaired when used. The capacitors were full, but actually changed from Leadstone to Tuberous then to Creative. Wonder if anyone can confirm this bug?

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought that I'd let you know that my 12 year old nephew just spent 2 1/2 hours running amok around Draconis and doing quests. He had a blast and kept stopping to exclaim loudly at all the cool stuff he was seeing. Mind you, he wasn't too keen on sharing a bed with the Baker ;) Well done, G O, you have another convert. Now that he has discovered it I'm pretty sure I will not get to use my computer tomorrow.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update time! v2.3.0 and this is a big one!
  • New Mods
    • Brewcraft
    • ChocoCraft
    • AromaBackup
    • JourneyMap
      • I am leaving opis/mapwriter in for now, though disabled, so you can enable them both to transfer waypoints
    • Thaumcraft NEI
  • Updated mods (This is a LONG list)
    • BDLib
    • COFH Core
    • COFH Lib
    • Forge Multi-Part
    • OpenMods Lib
    • Bibliocraft and all BiblioWoods
    • Botania
    • Buildcraft
    • Carpenter's Blocks
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Ender Storage
    • Extra Cells
    • Extra Utilities
    • Forestry
    • Gendustry
    • Gravestone
    • Logistic Pipes
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Open Blocks
    • Ore Dictionary Converter
    • Project:Red
    • Redstone Arsenal
    • Ruins
    • Storage Drawers
    • Thaumic Exploration
    • Thaumic Energistics
    • Thaumic Tinker
    • The Camping Mod (No more dimension crashes!)
    • Tinker's Mechworks
    • Traveller's Gear
    • FlaxBeard's Steam Power
    • Wireless redstone
    • NEI
    • Not Enough Keys
    • WAWLA
  • Other Changes
    • More config tweaks to make things work
    • Tons of corrections to NPC quests and HQM
    • New Areas in town
    • Few more quests
      • Main questline is complete! hope you enjoy the ending!
    • Some of these updates can potentially break things, so please make sure to backup before updating.
    • I have added two more files to the minecraft folder
      • FPS best practices with links
      • Image Map of keybinds in game. There were multiple changes to better layout keys, make sure to check out the image to see what has changed and for reference.