[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought that I'd let you know that my 12 year old nephew just spent 2 1/2 hours running amok around Draconis and doing quests. He had a blast and kept stopping to exclaim loudly at all the cool stuff he was seeing. Mind you, he wasn't too keen on sharing a bed with the Baker ;) Well done, G O, you have another convert. Now that he has discovered it I'm pretty sure I will not get to use my computer tomorrow.
That's Awesome! Check out the new update changelog! I can't say enough how happy this has all made me. You guys have been awesome!

I will be announcing a contest once the update goes live on the launcher, so keep checking back!

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
I will report to azanor, not sure how long it will be before he releases a fix though. What exactly were you doing when the crash occurred?
I might used that purple circular item that can teleport you to your location where you bind it. Then when I enter a saved game it crashes.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I might used that purple circular item that can teleport you to your location where you bind it. Then when I enter a saved game it crashes.
Problem is, it refers to the armor from thaumcraft....looks like there is one of two ways. One less damaging than the other. If the item involved is on your character, you could just simply replace the level.dat in the template folder with the one in your save. It will wipe your inventory, but should allow you to log back in. The other one is to disable the thaumcraft mod long enough to log in, but it will mess with everything thaumcraft related.

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is, it refers to the armor from thaumcraft....looks like there is one of two ways. One less damaging than the other. If the item involved is on your character, you could just simply replace the level.dat in the template folder with the one in your save. It will wipe your inventory, but should allow you to log back in. The other one is to disable the thaumcraft mod long enough to log in, but it will mess with everything thaumcraft related.
I will try 1st way to solve it.

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i've been trying to play this modpack for a few days now, but i just can't get it to launch no matter what i try.
i downloaded from the atlanta-2 and curseCDN to see if that helped, but i can't even launch the game it just comes up with "unable to launch"
http://pastebin.com/hZ72BFPw
this is the log from the launcher, there isn't much.

Leaellyna

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've just started the pack, got to the "kill creepers, skelli's and zombies" quest. While I was roaming around looking for mobs (because while I can get creepers in the sewers, only skeleton and zombie head crawlers seem to spawn there, and they don't count), I came across a cave, and decided to take a peak, only to be slaughtered by bandits. Now I have an issue: I can't get my stuff back unless I kill the bandits, but I have the feeling that they will be part of a later quest, so if I kill them, I mess everything up... What do I do? Start all the way over again?

I've seen a house with a quest gate in the town, maybe it's a good idea to put one in the cave as well so you don't accidentally break progression. I'm really scared to go out of the town to explore now, out of fear to get somewhere I'm not supposed to be.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i've been trying to play this modpack for a few days now, but i just can't get it to launch no matter what i try.
i downloaded from the atlanta-2 and curseCDN to see if that helped, but i can't even launch the game it just comes up with "unable to launch"
http://pastebin.com/hZ72BFPw
this is the log from the launcher, there isn't much.
Yeah, FTB had some issues with the download, I can provide a link if you know how to manually update but I did just submit a new update and assuming the've fixed their issues, once that update goes live you can try that one instead.
So, I've just started the pack, got to the "kill creepers, skelli's and zombies" quest. While I was roaming around looking for mobs (because while I can get creepers in the sewers, only skeleton and zombie head crawlers seem to spawn there, and they don't count), I came across a cave, and decided to take a peak, only to be slaughtered by bandits. Now I have an issue: I can't get my stuff back unless I kill the bandits, but I have the feeling that they will be part of a later quest, so if I kill them, I mess everything up... What do I do? Start all the way over again?

I've seen a house with a quest gate in the town, maybe it's a good idea to put one in the cave as well so you don't accidentally break progression. I'm really scared to go out of the town to explore now, out of fear to get somewhere I'm not supposed to be.
They will respawn in about an hour if you do kill them, as will most of the quest related npc's. Don't worry about killing anything or exploring. As for zombies and skeletons, the graveyard is a good place for those mobs.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, there are two types of npc's. There are the custom NPC's which will respawn automatically after a time (non-quest npc's should respawn in a few minutes) and the Minecraft Comes Alive villagers. MCA is a replacement for vanilla villagers, so if they die, they are dead. Keep in mind many villagers go to bed at night, so the blacksmith in town may have just gone to bed.

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, FTB had some issues with the download, I can provide a link if you know how to manually update but I did just submit a new update and assuming the've fixed their issues, once that update goes live you can try that one instead.
well i tried force updating but no luck, and i checked the version it's still 2.2.2
I'll have a look later to see if the update has been released.
thanks for the help.

John Matese

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to report a crash (repeatable), trying to go through the ring portal in the Great Temple (~quest #5 on main). This was on SMP server, locally hosted.

Here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/JuhWQkNY

We were having fun with it, until this occurred, so thanks for your providing this.

PS: Before, we had created an independent ring portal (non quest related), with the same crash.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah , that is the camping mod in the currently available launcher version. It is fixed in the new version when it is finally available.

For now, just disable the camping mod until I the new version gets pushed out to the launcher

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Do the NPC's from the sidequests respawn as well? My smith mysteriously disappeared (I noticed an infernal zombie fighting a guard near his place, maybe that had something to do with it)
mine kept disapearing too so i just started a new world put it in creative and hovered over the smith on the morning when he came out of his house he got killed by a skelly waited 3 more MC days and he still not back. i always thought this was just me seeing your post i looked into it a lil deeper. since no one else has this happen it must be one of those wrong place wrong time issues.

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah , that is the camping mod in the currently available launcher version. It is fixed in the new version when it is finally available.

For now, just disable the camping mod until I the new version gets pushed out to the launcher
So i went to your website and downloaded the newer version to override the one i have, and it did nothing.
still get to the same point during launching and it just stops and says it cannot load.

i tried other modpacks to make sure it wasn't my launcher messing up, but they all work.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So i went to your website and downloaded the newer version to override the one i have, and it did nothing.
still get to the same point during launching and it just stops and says it cannot load.

i tried other modpacks to make sure it wasn't my launcher messing up, but they all work.
Are you getting a crash when this happens? That way I can see what is going on. Have had several testers using the new update and none of them are having starting issues.
mine kept disapearing too so i just started a new world put it in creative and hovered over the smith on the morning when he came out of his house he got killed by a skelly waited 3 more MC days and he still not back. i always thought this was just me seeing your post i looked into it a lil deeper. since no one else has this happen it must be one of those wrong place wrong time issues.
I'll take a look at it, but the good news is, with the new update, if you follow @Vals NoisyToys instructions in the OP, not only will he be back, but I have made changes to the town that should nearly eliminate any mobs spawning unless they were supposed to.

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
Are you getting a crash when this happens? That way I can see what is going on. Have had several testers using the new update and none of them are having starting issues.

I'll take a look at it, but the good news is, with the new update, if you follow @Vals NoisyToys instructions in the OP, not only will he be back, but I have made changes to the town that should nearly eliminate any mobs spawning unless they were supposed to.

Oh a new update cool. So if updating on the server I will need to copy the World folder over as mentioned in the original Post?

Update Process (Primarily migrating from version prior to 2.2.x):

Or can I just update it without worrying about copying over the Save/World files?
(We have built a Base in the Middle Earth area)

Regards
Dove

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
this will be a full (and last) major content update, so if you have built anything within the regions included in the update, then yeah.

At this stage future updates should only be regular normal ftb updates unless there are some customnpc fixes needed.

Reactions: cravenhydra78

MilkJuice

Jul 29, 2019

i don't really get a crash report, i posted to pastebin what the ftb launcher shows when i try to launch http://pastebin.com/x6jm0pPF
this is what shows up when i click launch.
[14:32:16] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:32:16] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_07]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
i don't really get a crash report, i posted to pastebin what the ftb launcher shows when i try to launch http://pastebin.com/x6jm0pPF
this is what shows up when i click launch.
Ok, for that error, I would post at the FTB support forum, I've seen it before, but it has to do with the launcher and the way it is handling the update for my pack. It can happen to just one pack, unfortunate it has chosen mine to do so though.

Reactions: cravenhydra78