[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
The 212 server jar (either copied over to 211 or trying to start it by itself with the 212 download from the website) breaks with:

We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:25)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

Edit: Same problem with the server from the FTB launcher. The client works, though.

Which library from the FTB folder needs to be copied to the server? Or is the server jar just broken? /Hikarr

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
copy the libsandstone jar from the 1.7.10 folder in a client to the server, that is most likely whats missing. figured it would download on it's own but apparently not

Reactions: kittana

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
The entire thing extraxts to around 273 megs as I have pre-genned the entire region set for the map. Once you have plyers moving out to their own base I don't know how much it would need then.

Please let me know how it goes!

What about Middle-earth? this world is so huge the world is included in the server package? Complete?
And my players will not continue to run as block 3000. Unless Middle-earth is greater (I think) and you have iwrgend while running for quests ...

And excuse my bad english, I never learned it and use the Goggle Translator.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
What about Middle-earth? this world is so huge the world is included in the server package? Complete?
And my players will not continue to run as block 3000. Unless Middle-earth is greater (I think) and you have iwrgend while running for quests ...

And excuse my bad english, I never learned it and use the Goggle Translator.
the only generated map is the overworld. Middle-earth will generate when someone first enters

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a little problem with the Troll. I killed him and nicked his stuff - seemed like a good idea at the time. But I have just received my first quest from the commander - kill the troll. Um ... he's pretty dead already. I'm looking at his body, in fact. Will he respawn? (Incidentally, that Java argument seems to have fixed my lag issues :))

edit: I used his weapon a bit so the durability is down.I did a search on this thread but couldn't find the answer. So I apologise if this has already been covered and I've missed it.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a little problem with the Troll. I killed him and nicked his stuff - seemed like a good idea at the time. But I have just received my first quest from the commander - kill the troll. Um ... he's pretty dead already. I'm looking at his body, in fact. Will he respawn? (Incidentally, that Java argument seems to have fixed my lag issues :))

edit: I used his weapon a bit so the durability is down.I did a search on this thread but couldn't find the answer. So I apologise if this has already been covered and I've missed it.
well, all the npc's (bosses) will respawn after about 1 hour in-game, when you kill him again you should get another mace, just try not to use it until after you complete the quest.

Glad the java argument helped!

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear, thanks :) Work has been somewhat insane for the last week or so and i have not had time to get back into the pack until today. Modded minecraft and days off are made for each other and i have thoroughly enjoyed myself playing your pack. And since i have tomorrow off as well it'll be the same again :cool: Thanks for such a great pack.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear, thanks :) Work has been somewhat insane for the last week or so and i have not had time to get back into the pack until today. Modded minecraft and days off are made for each other and i have thoroughly enjoyed myself playing your pack. And since i have tomorrow off as well it'll be the same again :cool: Thanks for such a great pack.
Thank you for the help and compliments, that's really what motivates me to keep going forward! If I may boldly suggest, you should watch @Vals NoisyToys stream at 1pm pacific as she really shows a lot and is entertaining as well! :)

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help and compliments, that's really what motivates me to keep going forward! If I may boldly suggest, you should watch @Vals NoisyToys stream at 1pm pacific as she really shows a lot and is entertaining as well! :)
I have watched Val's youtube videos and caught a little of her twitch feeds but my Internet speed means there are lots of pauses and screen freezes where I can hear Val talking and continuing to do stuff, I just can't see it. Which is a pity because I do enjoy what I have seen.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

Thank ya for the shout out, @GreatOrator! :)

I have watched Val's youtube videos and caught a little of her twitch feeds but my Internet speed means there are lots of pauses and screen freezes where I can hear Val talking and continuing to do stuff, I just can't see it. Which is a pity because I do enjoy what I have seen.

Ack, I'm sorry to hear that you can't watch me live. Hm... @MissLid , do you get similar pauses (well of video + audio) when you watch a highlight on Twitch from a past stream? While I've resisted dropping my screen resolution for Minecraft from 1028p to 720p, because the other games I play really need that higher resolution to do them justice, I'm starting to wonder if I really should do this for Minecraft since Twitch doesn't love me enough yet to offer multiple qualities to viewers on their end. And I've been hearing from too many people that they are getting video hitches. Hm... *ponders*

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Thank ya for the shout out, @GreatOrator! :)

Ack, I'm sorry to hear that you can't watch me live. Hm... @MissLid , do you get similar pauses (well of video + audio) when you watch a highlight on Twitch from a past stream? While I've resisted dropping my screen resolution for Minecraft from 1028p to 720p, because the other games I play really need that higher resolution to do them justice, I'm starting to wonder if I really should do this for Minecraft since Twitch doesn't love me enough yet to offer multiple qualities to viewers on their end. And I've been hearing from too many people that they are getting video hitches. Hm... *ponders*

I've only watched the highlights on YouTube, sorry, Val. It is probably also slow for me because I watch on my tablet in bed (wifi) as you go live at 7:30 am Australian EST - I start watching later than that as I don't get home from work until 12:35 am and I likes my sleep ;) Do you only record and save highlights, Val? Anyways, I shall go and see how the highlights look on Twitch and then report back.

Update: The latest highlight plays perfectly (watching on my PC). The 2 1/2 hour stream plays for approx 15 seconds (roughly - I was counting off the seconds in my head) and then buffers for approx 20 seconds. I gave that up after a short while. Hope the info helps.
Update 2: I played your Divinity Original Sin recording for 10 minutes and got about 10 seconds of buffering after approx 2 1/2 minutes, but that was all. The rest played perfectly.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I've only watched the highlights on YouTube, sorry, Val. It is probably also slow for me because I watch on my tablet in bed (wifi) as you go live at 7:30 am Australian EST - I start watching later than that as I don't get home from work until 12:35 am and I likes my sleep ;) Do you only record and save highlights, Val? Anyways, I shall go and see how the highlights look on Twitch and then report back.

Heh, yeah, the tablet may be a factor. ;) For Tolkiencraft II: yes, I only highlight the Tour part of my stream and upload that to Youtube.

Update: The latest highlight plays perfectly (watching on my PC). The 2 1/2 hour stream plays for approx 15 seconds (roughly - I was counting off the seconds in my head) and then buffers for approx 20 seconds. I gave that up after a short while. Hope the info helps.
Update 2: I played your Divinity Original Sin recording for 10 minutes and got about 10 seconds of buffering after approx 2 1/2 minutes, but that was all. The rest played perfectly.

Hm it sounds like Twitch treats Highlights differently than live streams and VODs of streams. That is, if the Divinity: Original Sin you watched was one from the Highlights section of Twitch. Thanks for the testing @MissLid , I appreciate the information. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
v2.1.3 has finally been pushed to the launcher!

This was just more mod updates so you guys won;t have to do anything but update, no copying shenanigans :)

Nelleam

Jul 29, 2019
It took me all afternoon to read the whole thread. I really like the sound of this pack, and am downloading it now. Thank you for all the work you've put in to making it. I really look forward to trying it out.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
It took me all afternoon to read the whole thread. I really like the sound of this pack, and am downloading it now. Thank you for all the work you've put in to making it. I really look forward to trying it out.
Thank you for the compliment and especially thank you for reading the whole thread!

Just an Update too - The next major update will be towards the end of the month (Halloween week) and will have a bunch of new content. As a result, be prepared to reset the main map for this (I think it will be worth it) new quests, new NPC's and more HQM quests! If you ever want hints at what exactly the new content will be, make sure to watch @Vals NoisyToys stream on twitch as I will announce things there when I can attend that I will only tell those currently attending or maybe Val will mention in her highlight videos.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Thank you for the compliment and especially thank you for reading the whole thread!

Just an Update too - The next major update will be towards the end of the month (Halloween week) and will have a bunch of new content. As a result, be prepared to reset the main map for this (I think it will be worth it) new quests, new NPC's and more HQM quests! If you ever want hints at what exactly the new content will be, make sure to watch @Vals NoisyToys stream on twitch as I will announce things there when I can attend that I will only tell those currently attending or maybe Val will mention in her highlight videos.
Spooky update inbound