[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hm and there appears to be monsters spawning inside the town at night now. Just got chased around by a Rare skeleton (I'm without my armor etc :p).

Ah okay. I didn't realize it was the mod itself and not a forgetful GO. ;)

Re Marketplace Val: I guess I'm not far enough along in the npc quest chain yet? She didn't want to talk about anything questlike, alas. Cinnamon, eh? Dang it! I still need to find a cinnamon tree. ... Oh, wait... ;) Hehe!
I will double check that you are giving the quest out at the right time though, just to make sure...glad you caught the reference! :)

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, while perusing the vendors in the Marketplace I noticed that Marlinious the alchemist is having a sale on 2 min regeneration potions. And whoever put the prices on them neglected to also put the 45 sec ones on sale as well (both cost 10s). ;)

Do you still need to use the pack code to download the modpack, @GreatOrator? The OP says it still, and I kinda expected that to go away once you took it out of beta. Or have I got how the modpack code thing works?

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, while perusing the vendors in the Marketplace I noticed that Marlinious the alchemist is having a sale on 2 min regeneration potions. And whoever put the prices on them neglected to also put the 45 sec ones on sale as well (both cost 10s). ;)

Do you still need to use the pack code to download the modpack, @GreatOrator? The OP says it still, and I kinda expected that to go away once you took it out of beta. Or have I got how the modpack code thing works?
Yeah, until FTB lists my pack publicly the code will have to be used and the chance for that to happen won't be until they get their own packs up on the launcher out of beta

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I had a few questions about the Evil Person Hiding in the hedge maze next to the Middle Earth Portal?

1-He drops a clipboard with the first box checked. Was/is there something suppose to be written there? (Cause it is blank for me).

2-I didn't have a Quest/job to fight him. I was just running thou the maze thinking there would be loot, or something at the end, but he just scared the *&%% out of me and I had to bring him down.lol I just need to know if I am suppose to keep his staff? I don't see any use for it, unless there will be a quest/job to turn it in. Or does it work as a weapon? Thanks You, Happy Gaming:)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
he has a quest purpose, but unless you have accepted the troll quest you shouldn't be able to kill him...

The clipboard was left blank as it was just a generic item, but after a recent report when 2.1.1 goes live it should have text in it (when you get it from a drop again)

For now, store away the items, save them for when you do get the quest, but you may now have difficulty killing the troll....

Try talking to the commander again to hopefully correct that by going down the conversation trail again.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
he has a quest purpose, but unless you have accepted the troll quest you shouldn't be able to kill him...

The clipboard was left blank as it was just a generic item, but after a recent report when 2.1.1 goes live it should have text in it (when you get it from a drop again)

For now, store away the items, save them for when you do get the quest, but you may now have difficulty killing the troll....

Try talking to the commander again to hopefully correct that by going down the conversation trail again.

I was working on the troll before I killed him. I died from A TON of mobs one floor above the troll(go figure).lol So I wanted to explore the main town a little more before attempting the troll again, because I really enjoy the starting kingdom. That's when he jumped me in the hedge maze. So your saying as long as I have the troll quest already/before I killed him, I should be ok? If not, I have no problem starting over. I have done it several times, because I really like this pack. As a matter of fact, I think that's why I haven't raged quit yet even after dieing a few dozen times in the first ruins, is cause when I re-spawn I can look at how cool the starting area is/collect my daily gift then give the ruin another go.lol

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I was working on the troll before I killed him. I died from A TON of mobs one floor above the troll(go figure).lol So I wanted to explore the main town a little more before attempting the troll again, because I really enjoy the starting kingdom. That's when he jumped me in the hedge maze. So your saying as long as I have the troll quest already/before I killed him, I should be ok? If not, I have no problem starting over. I have done it several times, because I really like this pack. As a matter of fact, I think that's why I haven't raged quit yet even after dieing a few dozen times in the first ruins, is cause when I re-spawn I can look at how cool the starting area is/collect my daily gift then give the ruin another go.lol
Well, the way I have it set up the bosses can't be killed until you have their quest. Unfortunately each boss is kinda "linked" so if you kill one out of order it makes it so you can't kill the others. You can try talking to whoever gave you the current quest you are on to fix it if you find you cannot kill the boss. Glad you love the starting area, definitely took a lot of time to get that built! No real easy way to avoid the way I had to do it for the bosses unfortunately.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the way I have it set up the bosses can't be killed until you have their quest. Unfortunately each boss is kinda "linked" so if you kill one out of order it makes it so you can't kill the others. You can try talking to whoever gave you the current quest you are on to fix it if you find you cannot kill the boss. Glad you love the starting area, definitely took a lot of time to get that built! No real easy way to avoid the way I had to do it for the bosses unfortunately.

I killed the troll, and finished the quest fine after killing the other boss. I'm sorry I killed them out of order:( He had me backed into a corner and I couldn't run away. Do you know who give the quest for the boss in the Maze?

I really do like the kingdom & appreciate all the work you did on it/everything.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, let me think a moment....oh yes, he is part of a quest chain itself that involves the former queen of draconis. (and will be part of the main quest line)

If you killed the troll, did you kill Ephalba yet? I ask because the way I set it up, they should not attack you unless your faction with villains is at 0 which should only happen during a quest involving them because once you kill the boss for that quest it resets to 1000

As a side note, once the update pushes out (no idea why it has taken so long honestly) I will move to a schedule of mod updates once a month and content updates once a month as well, so say 1 of month will be mods 15th of month will be content (actual days still to be determined). this way it will give me time to properly test updated mods before pushing an update, and plenty of time to come up with new content.

Of course, any bugs will be addressed as soon as possible like always, but if no bugs this will be the routine.

This will make it easier when updating as only once a month will anyone need to worry about the shenanigans needed to update an existing map and since it will be a routine, will make it easier to know what needs to be done on an update.

Last edited:

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately 1.7 doesn't like me. I have far fewer frames in 1.7 (6-10) than I get in 1.6.4 (20-30). I'll wait til' I get my new computer to play this new pack. It looks quite promising, good work, I can't wait to play it. Maybe by then there will be more for me to do. :p I'd also like to know how SMP-friendly this modpack is, so I could play it with my friends (my adventuring party). I'd also like to know if it'd be possible to add Optifine to it, maybe I could play it then.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately 1.7 doesn't like me. I have far fewer frames in 1.7 (6-10) than I get in 1.6.4 (20-30). I'll wait til' I get my new computer to play this new pack. It looks quite promising, good work, I can't wait to play it. Maybe by then there will be more for me to do. :p I'd also like to know how SMP-friendly this modpack is, so I could play it with my friends (my adventuring party). I'd also like to know if it'd be possible to add Optifine to it, maybe I could play it then.
First, have you tried the java arguments we have mentioned throughout the topic? those have shown to be effective for most. As far as I can tell, optifine works (@Vals NoisyToys uses it during her streams) but I can't provide support for it if it is used. As for SMP, I have done some testing and it seems to work fine on a server, and most of the quests I have attempted to balance against SMP (since many of the features are definitely better on SMP like mail and such) but have not had an opportunity to test as thoroughly as I would like. That said, the SMP version of the pack should be available once the update goes live on the launcher.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I not sure, is Ephalba the Witch? If so, then no(she is my next Quest). So far the only bosses I have killed are The Bandit Leader, the Troll, and the Hedge Maze Boss. I Hope I am not annoying you with this:( I not having any issues, Just wanted to know if I should keep the staff, and I did.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Oh Great & Noble King GreatOrator! The gift you have bestowed upon me after completing the task intrusted to me is more valuable than all the gold or diamonds in the land. All hale the most noble King in all the land. GreatOrator, GreatOrator!!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I not sure, is Ephalba the Witch? If so, then no(she is my next Quest). So far the only bosses I have killed are The Bandit Leader, the Troll, and the Hedge Maze Boss. I Hope I am not annoying you with this:( I not having any issues, Just wanted to know if I should keep the staff, and I did.
Oh Great & Noble King GreatOrator! The gift you have bestowed upon me after completing the task intrusted to me is more valuable than all the gold or diamonds in the land. All hale the most noble King in all the land. GreatOrator, GreatOrator!!
Ya, make sure you keep the items for when you do get the quest, as for ephalba, if you can't kill her, talk to the captain again and go through the entire convo again, should fix that.

And what Item did you end up getting?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • v2.1.2 - Mod Updates
    • Forge
    • Biomes O Plenty
    • Blood Magic
    • Botania
    • Forestry
    • Logistics Pipes
    • Natura
    • Reliquary
    • Thaumcraft
    • Witchery
  • You should not need to copy anything over, just a standard update. You may get messages about blocks missing or changed (mostly reliquary). With the update to forge and Biomes O' Plenty, you may get weird chunk gen issues because they updated biomes generation stuff...no way around that unfortunately...sorry. Good News is all mods and forge are now up to the most currently available as of October 11th, 2014.

This will be submitted in an hour or so, not sure how long before it appears on the launcher.

Next update won't be out until towards end of the month to give me time to flesh out some quest changes and possibly some map changes and to give you guys plenty of time to let me know of any bugs you find!

We are now going into routine update mode and so glad to see everyone having so much fun with the pack and once again, you guys have been awesome! I never would have gotten this far without all of your help!

As always, Happy Adventuring!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to test the package on my server. How Much Disk Space I need there for the whole map? Rich 5GB?
The entire thing extraxts to around 273 megs as I have pre-genned the entire region set for the map. Once you have plyers moving out to their own base I don't know how much it would need then.

Please let me know how it goes!