[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
I am having issues with one of the CustomNPC quests. The one offered by the fisherman, Sakamoto who fishes on the small boat by the dock and sleeps in the house right by it. I fished up 8 MC salmon and that did not update the quest; then I cooked them, again no update. And I cannot fish up any Aquaculture salmon to save my life. I have gone through quite a few Minecraft rods and Aquaculture rods and still no luck. Am I just that unlucky?

"edit"
Also, do not use the Ring portal from the Shire back to the overworld. You spawn below the world border and fall out of it. Losing everything you own. =(

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the compliment and especially thank you for reading the whole thread!

Just an Update too - The next major update will be towards the end of the month (Halloween week) and will have a bunch of new content. As a result, be prepared to reset the main map for this (I think it will be worth it) new quests, new NPC's and more HQM quests! If you ever want hints at what exactly the new content will be, make sure to watch @Vals NoisyToys stream on twitch as I will announce things there when I can attend that I will only tell those currently attending or maybe Val will mention in her highlight videos.

Indeed, maybe. :p And speaking of updates, I'm updating 2.1.3 tonight so I'll be all set for tomorrow.

Stream Update Stuff
Sorry about no streams the last two days - been a combination of factors, yesterday (and today for that matter) I was exhausted from insomnia and in addition today the room from which I stream was full of incarcerated cats because the rest of the house was having ceilings worked on for over 10 hours. Twix in particular was not happy. (Can you say constant meowling for 10 hours?!) The timing of this construction work was announced to me with no advance notice, so I couldn't plan for it. :/ Still the first phase is done, so, barring RL messing me up /again/, tomorrow's stream should be happening at the usual time.

I'd also like to give a heads up that on Thursday Oct 30 there will be no stream. We're going to a thing. :p However, I will be streaming on Friday, Oct 31st as usual.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I am having issues with one of the CustomNPC quests. The one offered by the fisherman, Sakamoto who fishes on the small boat by the dock and sleeps in the house right by it. I fished up 8 MC salmon and that did not update the quest; then I cooked them, again no update. And I cannot fish up any Aquaculture salmon to save my life. I have gone through quite a few Minecraft rods and Aquaculture rods and still no luck. Am I just that unlucky?

"edit"
Also, do not use the Ring portal from the Shire back to the overworld. You spawn below the world border and fall out of it. Losing everything you own. =(
I'll double check the fishing quest today, that way I can make sure, noon had done it as of yet so thank you for reporting this to me! Things may have changed in-game since I first created that quest that I was not aware of...

I'll also try the portal, that was something I hadn't experienced yet so may have been lag related.
Indeed, maybe. :p And speaking of updates, I'm updating 2.1.3 tonight so I'll be all set for tomorrow.

Stream Update Stuff
Sorry about no streams the last two days - been a combination of factors, yesterday (and today for that matter) I was exhausted from insomnia and in addition today the room from which I stream was full of incarcerated cats because the rest of the house was having ceilings worked on for over 10 hours. Twix in particular was not happy. (Can you say constant meowling for 10 hours?!) The timing of this construction work was announced to me with no advance notice, so I couldn't plan for it. :/ Still the first phase is done, so, barring RL messing me up /again/, tomorrow's stream should be happening at the usual time.

I'd also like to give a heads up that on Thursday Oct 30 there will be no stream. We're going to a thing. :p However, I will be streaming on Friday, Oct 31st as usual.
Yay for the update! Tis ok val, real life has it's way of doing that to us! :)

Update - Ok, so tested the fish...Mariculture fish apparently are harder to catch than they used to be, so in the sake of fairness, will change that quest to use vanilla salmon moving forward.

LotR - What can I say...it's portal system is extremely derpy to say the least. What this means is that I am most likely going to have to include the starting area with the updates going forward since it apparently cannot determine itself where the original portal was placed and thinks you should start at 0 0 0...However, this works in my favor...future quest plans and all...:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

Clothingcraft overrides vanilla carpet recipe with fabric. So it is currently impossible to make carpet which also makes it rather hard to make the Botania flowers that need a carpet as part of their underlying recipes. Not to mention sleeping bags. :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Clothingcraft overrides vanilla carpet recipe with fabric. So it is currently impossible to make carpet which also makes it rather hard to make the Botania flowers that need a carpet as part of their underlying recipes. Not to mention sleeping bags. :p
Dang it, thought I caught all those recipe issues he had...I'll get that reported. Thanks val!

Looks like it only affects colored wool...can you confirm white wool still makes carpets?

Edit-Take 2: Nope, he fuggered up all the carpet recipes. Alrighty, well if he doesn't fix it soon (like today) i'll push a mod update out tomorrow night and have to remove the mod...

Last edited:

Xaintrix

Jul 29, 2019
Been loving the adventure, but I have been having a hell of a time with the coven witches. They hardly spawn anywhere in the area. I've been at 2/20 for several nights and it's getting pretty annoying. I've tried a search pattern starting from the quest giver, and again from the witch boss cave and had no luck.

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
There is a quest in the Arcane Magicks tab, Manipulating Earth that is not completable using world spawned Thaumcraft shards. The only ones I have found that work are from the reward bags. They appear to have different meta data. This is probably in line with the same items not stacking from bags, chest loot, and world spawned/crafted items I wager.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Been loving the adventure, but I have been having a hell of a time with the coven witches. They hardly spawn anywhere in the area. I've been at 2/20 for several nights and it's getting pretty annoying. I've tried a search pattern starting from the quest giver, and again from the witch boss cave and had no luck.
There is a spawner near the captain, be patient and stay near-ish his tent for them to spawn, if you are too close to the spawner they won't spawn. Since they are vanilla spawners, you could move out of range (farther than 16 blocks) then closer again to reset their timer. But bad luck aside, they will spawn fast enough...
There is a quest in the Arcane Magicks tab, Manipulating Earth that is not completable using world spawned Thaumcraft shards. The only ones I have found that work are from the reward bags. They appear to have different meta data. This is probably in line with the same items not stacking from bags, chest loot, and world spawned/crafted items I wager.
I'll change the requirements in the HQM book then, that meta data issue has been a pain in my side...i tell you what.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I had the same issue. before I even excepted the quest there was 5 that was stopping me from getting to the captain, so I killed them, and after I excepted the quest they wouldn't spawn. If you can find those witch circles(kind of like Stonehenge) from the Witchery mod, they have two witch spawners under stone bricks with 1 water source block in the middle that's how I killed them. There is also a dispenser under the water that has loot in it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue. before I even excepted the quest there was 5 that was stopping me from getting to the captain, so I killed them, and after I excepted the quest they wouldn't spawn. If you can find those witch circles(kind of like Stonehenge) from the Witchery mod, they have two witch spawners under stone bricks with 1 water source block in the middle that's how I killed them. There is also a dispenser under the water that has loot in it.
You know...spawners are a weird thing...I had a custom spawner in there and everyone complained they spawned too much...lol

Xaintrix

Jul 29, 2019
And they very well could have spawned too much then. Yeah without commanding them outright, being at the mercy of the spawn algorhythm is what it is. I'm just really trying to figure out what to do. Appreciate the exploration tip - I think I'll go to the nether to activate my bat morph and go hunting.

Leonexis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is a one-off error or not. I found out that none of the Thermal Foundation ores were spawning. I didn't notice it at first until I started looking for lead ore. For some reason, the ThermalExpansion-Ores.json file (under config/cofh/world) actually had HTML content, instead of JSON. It looked like it was downloaded form GitHub but the URL that was used neglected to specify that it needed the raw output. In order to fix it, I copied the file from another 1.7 modpack and enabled B:RetroactiveOreGeneration in config/cofh/CoFHCore.cfg. I also enabled B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration, but that may not have been required. This was on 2.1.2. I haven't tried on 2.1.3 yet because I noticed the carpet issue in the thread. If anyone else is having issues finding lead ore, that might be the issue.. or my computer just derped =P

BTW, GreatOrator.. This is an awesome modpack! Keep it up.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is a one-off error or not. I found out that none of the Thermal Foundation ores were spawning. I didn't notice it at first until I started looking for lead ore. For some reason, the ThermalExpansion-Ores.json file (under config/cofh/world) actually had HTML content, instead of JSON. It looked like it was downloaded form GitHub but the URL that was used neglected to specify that it needed the raw output. In order to fix it, I copied the file from another 1.7 modpack and enabled B:RetroactiveOreGeneration in config/cofh/CoFHCore.cfg. I also enabled B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration, but that may not have been required. This was on 2.1.2. I haven't tried on 2.1.3 yet because I noticed the carpet issue in the thread. If anyone else is having issues finding lead ore, that might be the issue.. or my computer just derped =P

First, thank you! Glad you are enjoying the pack.

Second, nice catch! Not sure when or how that happened, but fixed and I will most likely be pushing out an update tonight (not sure how quickly it will be ob the launcher though) to fix that derp and a few other mod issues that have come up.[DOUBLEPOST=1413724142][/DOUBLEPOST]Update has been pushed -
  • v2.1.4 both SSP and SMP
    • Changes -
      • 12 mods updated
        • Forge is now at recommended version 1230
        • AsieLib
        • RadixCore
        • Botania
        • Carpenter's Blocks
        • Dense Ores
        • Draconic Evolution
        • Logistics Pipes
        • Minecraft Comes Alive
        • Tinker's Construct
        • Witchery
        • Morpheus (SMP only)
      • Various config fixes found (Thanks to @Leonexis for some!)
      • side benefit, you will get an early release of HQM quests since they are not world specific
      • Removed ClothingCraft until either a replacement is found or it gets updated proper
Not sure exactly when this will be available on the launcher, but will tell you the moment I am told!

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
First, thank you! Glad you are enjoying the pack.

Second, nice catch! Not sure when or how that happened, but fixed and I will most likely be pushing out an update tonight (not sure how quickly it will be ob the launcher though) to fix that derp and a few other mod issues that have come up.[DOUBLEPOST=1413724142][/DOUBLEPOST]Update has been pushed -
  • v2.1.4 both SSP and SMP
    • Changes -
      • 12 mods updated
        • Forge is now at recommended version 1230
        • AsieLib
        • RadixCore
        • Botania
        • Carpenter's Blocks
        • Dense Ores
        • Draconic Evolution
        • Logistics Pipes
        • Minecraft Comes Alive
        • Tinker's Construct
        • Witchery
        • Morpheus (SMP only)
      • Various config fixes found (Thanks to @Leonexis for some!)
      • side benefit, you will get an early release of HQM quests since they are not world specific
      • Removed ClothingCraft until either a replacement is found or it gets updated proper
Not sure exactly when this will be available on the launcher, but will tell you the moment I am told!

Hurray! Excellent work, @GreatOrator! Do we need to copy customnpc stuff from the template file, or will it be just a straight up update with no extra shenanigans required? Also, regarding @Leonexis' issue below - did you turn on retro ore gen?

Ya know, come to think of it I've found zero lead myself. Hadn't occurred to me yet, I've been too busy playing with Botania. :p I have noticed though that I've had a relative lack of copper ore, dunno if that is related or not.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hurray! Excellent work, @GreatOrator! Do we need to copy customnpc stuff from the template file, or will it be just a straight up update with no extra shenanigans required? Also, regarding @Leonexis' issue below - did you turn on retro ore gen?

Ya know, come to think of it I've found zero lead myself. Hadn't occurred to me yet, I've been too busy playing with Botania. :p I have noticed though that I've had a relative lack of copper ore, dunno if that is related or not.
You don't HAVE to copy customnpc's over, though it does have a couple of the fixes talked about since the last update. You will get a warning about missing items from clothing craft, but that's normal. You should be able to update and not have to do anything else. CustomNPC's will be entirely optional at this stage since most of what I have done with it won't be available until I do the content update in a couple weeks.

I did turn on retro-gen (cofh does it automatically on first load since it saves a flag), however, if you still don't find any lead, it couldn't hurt.

As I mentioned in my update post, a side benefit for you guys with HQM will be all the new quests and fixes I have done for it since that saves in the config folder rather than the map save.

Leonexis

Jul 29, 2019

I went the opposite route. I tend to do technology quests first, then magic. It just so happened that I had to make a leadstone cell and that's when I started mining trying to find lead. I actually found Poor Lead Ore, I think generated from Railcraft? Anywho, now I have lead =).

@GreatOrator, I think there's support for replacing the other ores withing single types using CoFH. This might help reduce the number of copper and tin types. It will probably cause other issues, though. That's why I'm not a modpack creator :p. I'm looking forward to the new update with SMP support so my sweetie and I can play on the same map =)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I went the opposite route. I tend to do technology quests first, then magic. It just so happened that I had to make a leadstone cell and that's when I started mining trying to find lead. I actually found Poor Lead Ore, I think generated from Railcraft? Anywho, now I have lead =).

@GreatOrator, I think there's support for replacing the other ores withing single types using CoFH. This might help reduce the number of copper and tin types. It will probably cause other issues, though. That's why I'm not a modpack creator :p. I'm looking forward to the new update with SMP support so my sweetie and I can play on the same map =)
Well, in the included chunks you will find that a lot as I had not modified any configs upon first map load, matter of fact, probably up until 2.0.9 it was standard generation, maybe 2.0.7. As of 2.1.x there shouldn't be more than one type of any ore generating outside of the initial regions...unless a mod ignores it's own configs.

Glad it's something you and your sweetie can play together!

Alright folks - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - After much discussion and debate, MystCraft WILL be added back into the pack (or in the pack if this is the first version of the pack you have used). I do have some ideas I can use for quests, and I have something very valuable that I would rather not let go to waste, XComp's permission to use in a public pack, not something easily received. So you can expect to see it in the month-end release as well as a couple of other mods like the camping mod (another one I wanted because of the packs penchant for exploration) since it too was finally released for 1.7.10.

Last edited:

Leonexis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the included chunks you will find that a lot as I had not modified any configs upon first map load, matter of fact, probably up until 2.0.9 it was standard generation, maybe 2.0.7. As of 2.1.x there shouldn't be more than one type of any ore generating outside of the initial regions...unless a mod ignores it's own configs.

Hrm.. I did do most of my mining in Middle Earth (no hostile mobs to get in the way) and haven't checked much on the Overworld. I know for certain that there were several types of copper and tin ores in ME. However, that was around ME spawn so I don't know if perhaps that was pregenerated. I do know that I did enter ME first in 2.1.2. HTH.

Also, I am very much looking forward to MystCraft! =)