[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, how far away from town is far enough regarding building a base? Will future updates destroy any base which I build from now on?
The way it is set up as long as you move into newly generated chunks (about 512 blocks in any direction from the spawn point on the pier but safest is 1000 blocks) then updating will not affect anything you build (and we have instructions on how to do full updates in the main post)

As stated earlier, my plan is to keep content updates (major updates) to once a month at earliest and intermediate updates for mod updates/mod bugfixes as often as needed.

There may be a brief period in the first week after a content update that might require more than one major update process depending on the type of bugs found/fixed from the content released but I usually explain what needs to be done if different in those cases.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
The way it is set up as long as you move into newly generated chunks (about 512 blocks in any direction from the spawn point on the pier but safest is 1000 blocks) then updating will not affect anything you build (and we have instructions on how to do full updates in the main post)

As stated earlier, my plan is to keep content updates (major updates) to once a month at earliest and intermediate updates for mod updates/mod bugfixes as often as needed.

There may be a brief period in the first week after a content update that might require more than one major update process depending on the type of bugs found/fixed from the content released but I usually explain what needs to be done if different in those cases.
OK, thanks.

Leonexis

Jul 29, 2019

Specifically, a base should be outside the bounds of the included regions in the template folder. Those regions as of 2.1.2 are -2,0 to 0,2. Knowing that, the bounds of updates (assuming no other regions are added to the template) are -1024, 0 to 511,1535. Dinnerbone has a great set of coordinate tools for Minecraft to help with block, chunk, and region locations. https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/

Will there be more region files included in the future update so we can know where to keep away from building? Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I have completed all the quests for chapter 1, although I have not ventured into another realm yet; says 93% complete. I have listened to the deceased Queen speak of ... stuff (I don't want to spoil it for others) and the second quest line is visible (The Investigation). I understand from earlier posts that killing the Troll and Ephelba should open a new dialogue path with the priest but that has not happened for me. Am I missing something here?

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
I've been loving the pack so far. The spawn town is AMAZING!
Sadly I ran into a few bugs/oddities on my end.(version 2.1.3)
-In the bakers furnaces, there were some buckets being used as fuel.
-Last night I had attempted returning from Middle Earth to the Overworld via the ring portal, and was teleported beneath the bedrock layer and died at 1,-465,-4 according to mapwriter.
-I tried completing the fisherman's quest asking for salmon, and he does not want the minecraft salmon or the Aquaculture salmon. I'm assuming he wanted the salmon form Aquaculture, but the item ID may be incorrect.(Just looked back and saw this was reported already)
-I'm also having trouble trying to complete Jax's quest. I am at step IV and cannot figure out which type of night vision potion is required. I tried purchasing vanilla night vision potions, extended potions and the night vision 3 potions sold by the apothecary in town.

I saw some of the new additions in the new version on Val's stream and will wait patiently for it.

Edit::Read back a page and saw something already reported.( and some spelling mistakes were corrected)

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Specifically, a base should be outside the bounds of the included regions in the template folder. Those regions as of 2.1.2 are -2,0 to 0,2. Knowing that, the bounds of updates (assuming no other regions are added to the template) are -1024, 0 to 511,1535. Dinnerbone has a great set of coordinate tools for Minecraft to help with block, chunk, and region locations. https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/

Will there be more region files included in the future update so we can know where to keep away from building? Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 7
I do not have any plans for the overworld, but I do plan on some regions in middle-earth, one to continue a quest line, and two to stop the issue everyone is having returning from/going to middle earth.
I've been loving the pack so far. The spawn town is AMAZING!
Sadly I ran into a few bugs/oddities on my end.(version 2.1.3)
-In the bakers furnaces, there were some buckets being used as fuel.
-Last night I had attempted returning from Middle Earth to the Overworld via the ring portal, and was teleported beneath the bedrock layer and died at 1,-465,-4 according to mapwriter.
-I tried completing the fisherman's quest asking for salmon, and he does not want the minecraft salmon or the Aquaculture salmon. I'm assuming he wanted the salmon form Aquaculture, but the item ID may be incorrect.(Just looked back and saw this was reported already)
-I'm also having trouble trying to complete Jax's quest. I am at step IV and cannot figure out which type of night vision potion is required. I tried purchasing vanilla night vision potions, extended potions and the night vision 3 potions sold by the apothecary in town.

I saw some of the new additions in the new version on Val's stream and will wait patiently for it.

Edit::Read back a page and saw something already reported.( and some spelling mistakes were corrected)
I will look into the potion thing this morning, should just be regular vanilla potions...the buckets, yeah, I left those there to see if anyone would notice! :) co0nsider it an easter egg, lol!

Next week, assuming we don't find anything major, I will send the update out sunday night and then it is just the waiting game for when ftb pushes it out to the launcher.

I have completed all the quests for chapter 1, although I have not ventured into another realm yet; says 93% complete. I have listened to the deceased Queen speak of ... stuff (I don't want to spoil it for others) and the second quest line is visible (The Investigation). I understand from earlier posts that killing the Troll and Ephelba should open a new dialogue path with the priest but that has not happened for me. Am I missing something here?
the dialog should become available once you have beaten ephalba and turned in that quest. You're saying you have and the priest will not talk to you?

Last edited:

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have any plans for the overworld, but I do plan on some regions in middle-earth, one to continue a quest line, and two to stop the issue everyone is having returning from/going to middle earth.

I will look into the potion thing this morning, should just be regular vanilla potions...the buckets, yeah, I left those there to see if anyone would notice! :) co0nsider it an easter egg, lol!

Next week, assuming we don't find anything major, I will send the update out sunday night and then it is just the waiting game for when ftb pushes it out to the launcher.

the dialog should become available once you have beaten ephalba and turned in that quest. You're saying you have and the priest will not talk to you?
Yes. I have killed ephalba and spoken to the bloke in the tent. He said thanks :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I have killed ephalba and spoken to the bloke in the tent. He said thanks :)
Hmmm, curious.....well, when they finally push 2.1.4 to the launcher see if that helps...(submitted it saturday...takes forever to get it up)[DOUBLEPOST=1413921364][/DOUBLEPOST]v2.1.4 should now be available on the launcher![DOUBLEPOST=1413937336,1413900434][/DOUBLEPOST]Another side note: I have been reviewing a few crash logs and noticed a few people are using java version 8, as far as I know right now, this will either run unstable in minecraft or cause clients to crash altogether as minecraft is even not ready for version 8. If at all possible you will want to run version 7 of java with at least 3GB of memory (you may be able to get away with 2GB)...that is all...:0

Last edited:

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
What is the respawn on Reder? One of his item drops did not register for the quest completion, nor did renaming it in an anvil.

Reactions: GreatOrator

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
2014-10-22_18.36.42.png

The view from my new and permanent base. I am really enjoying this pack, GreatOrator. Thanks :D

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
What is the respawn on Reder? One of his item drops did not register for the quest completion, nor did renaming it in an anvil.
I'm having the same problem. I completed the quest in HQM first and I still have the item but it won't register for the NPC quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1413966664][/DOUBLEPOST]
View attachment 13209
The view from my new and permanent base. I am really enjoying this pack, GreatOrator. Thanks :D
Great view! This is by far my favorite pack I have ever played.[DOUBLEPOST=1413978782][/DOUBLEPOST]Using the latest 2.1.4. When right clicking a Tinkers Construct Crafting station I get this CRASH.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. I completed the quest in HQM first and I still have the item but it won't register for the NPC quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1413966664][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great view! This is by far my favorite pack I have ever played.
Should be about an hour. I will test to make sure something didn't get broken during all the quest creation and updating(which is possible).
View attachment 13209
I am glad to hear! and nice view!

The good news is, as of this last update I can better see any crashes you guys are experiencing (and let me tell you they are all from that dang crafting station from tinkers which I have reported, so let's hope he fixes it soon).

Thanks again for all the feedback guys, it has been very helpful! Also very much motivated from all the positive reviews/comments![DOUBLEPOST=1413979902][/DOUBLEPOST]A note to everyone...Looking at a possible replacement for the backpacks mod we currently use:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ip-adventure-backpack-mod-looking-for-testers

Let me know what you guys think. Would be easy to replace and potentially minimal impact to existing worlds if we do use this one instead of the current one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zankou

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
A note to everyone...Looking at a possible replacement for the backpacks mod we currently use:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ip-adventure-backpack-mod-looking-for-testers

Let me know what you guys think. Would be easy to replace and potentially minimal impact to existing worlds if we do use this one instead of the current one.

Hm I have no experience with this mod, but the ocelot backpack interests me. A shock, I know. ;) And that you can still access it while wearing it is good - I remember seeing another mod that made you put the backpack on the ground to open it which I don't like at all. I was worried this was that mod. :p

I didn't notice if it is like our current Backpack and has it's own backpack slot or not. If it does, that's great. If it doesn't - not so great especially if it uses the chest slot. Another question I have is what happens to it when you die - does it drop a separate gravestone ala the current backpack mod? As long as its in a grave (the main one, or its own) that's great. Just worried about it despawning.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The new backpacks sounds cool. But be careful with bags that drop on death ala the TC one, when coupled with graves it can create a dupe bug.
Yeah, was aware of that and been reported but thank you all the same as it is confirmation they have not fixed it yet.
Hm I have no experience with this mod, but the ocelot backpack interests me. A shock, I know. ;) And that you can still access it while wearing it is good - I remember seeing another mod that made you put the backpack on the ground to open it which I don't like at all. I was worried this was that mod. :p

I didn't notice if it is like our current Backpack and has it's own backpack slot or not. If it does, that's great. If it doesn't - not so great especially if it uses the chest slot. Another question I have is what happens to it when you die - does it drop a separate gravestone ala the current backpack mod? As long as its in a grave (the main one, or its own) that's great. Just worried about it despawning.
Well It is similar, but with more functionality. Does not have its slot yet...but already requested and the mod author plans to (I happen to catch the mod release early so already been chatting the mod authors ears off) but the ability to not only carry items but fluids too as well as place those fluids back into the world...amazing

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Okey Dokey. 2 CTDs. Both occurred when I tried to open a TiCo workbench. I updated to 2.1.4

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-23_11.01.05-server.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 73

Rastem88

Jul 29, 2019
The "Adventure Backpack Mod" looks interesting. I would be wary of it at the moment since it is in testing, but once it is mostly "stable" it should be cool.

I think the main thing I like about the current backpack mod is the crafting backpack, but I could just as easily carry around a spare crafting table.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Okey Dokey. 2 CTDs. Both occurred when I tried to open a TiCo workbench. I updated to 2.1.4
Yeah, I have had multiple reports and have added them to the other reports from people to the tinkers thread, but thank you all the same. Since it came to light I have submitted 15 reports.
The "Adventure Backpack Mod" looks interesting. I would be wary of it at the moment since it is in testing, but once it is mostly "stable" it should be cool.

I think the main thing I like about the current backpack mod is the crafting backpack, but I could just as easily carry around a spare crafting table.
Aye, that was the plan. I have actually been actively helping him find and fix bugs as well as correct some recipes issues that could happen when paired with other mods.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
As others have reported, I am having some issues with the Queen's quest line and the Evil Scheme not registering. Also, the key wouldn't open the door - just made it flick open and closed. On the up side, the update fixed the quest not showing. I have stayed in Reder's area for 2 minecraft days and he has not respawned so I presume the hour you speak of is real time? And just as an fyi, I created three new worlds to check out any changes and both times the king told me to begone rather than giving me the fetch quests.

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
I can confirm the room to Braffin Bexley did not work using the key. I had to break the door in order to get into his room. I noticed the ProjectRed wiring in the wall, and the WAILA tool tip says (ERROR). I attempted to break and replace them, and it gave me the same information.

Both Braffin Bexley and Reder have not respawned for me. Their corpses have not poofed either. It has been over 10 MC days, and close to 8 hours of real time since initially attempting the quest line.

I really love this modpack! I am having a fantastic time playing it.