[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
Found it. Was nowhere near Hobbittown, for the record, though Legolas did point me in the right direction more than I thought he did. For reference:
7APUk
https://imgur.com/a/7APUk

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there is a bug in the lotr mod doing that. There is a fix that was done recently, but I have not had the time to properly test it to release an update fix for the pack and map.

Reactions: blahthebiste
K

Kg83

I have been playing this amazing mod pack today but i have ran into an issue. In the quest Proof when i try to access the bookshelf in the queens chamber it says "you do not own this block" so i am unable to complete the quest. I have looked through faq and other sources but nothing seems to be able to help me fix this issue. I hope you can help lol. Honestly best pack ive played in long time. Also struggling to find where i start in middle earth?

Last edited:

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have to craft a JABBA barrel hammer for a quest, but it has the same recipe as LOTR battleaxe, so I can't make it?

H

HPRegenIsTooStrong

Is there a way to change boss HP regen? The ridiculous HP regen almost killed the mod for my group of friends until we found a quick fix. The troll regenning 10hp/s is a tad insane.

Edit: I know a way to do it manually, but I'm wondering if there's a way so the bosses spawn in like this. To anyone curious, this is the ghetto way to rig it: Go in creative mode and get an "NPC wand" item, right click the boss, go to stats, and change the regen values.

Last edited:

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
The troll is a near- endgame boss, try any strong sword + Pounce V + some form of knockback resistance (tectonic girdle)

H

HPRegenIsTooStrong

The troll is a near- endgame boss, try any strong sword + Pounce V + some form of knockback resistance (tectonic girdle)
Huh. Didn't know that.
Still, the bandit was regenning health at an abnormal rate as well. Was the bandit a near-endgame boss as well? And is there a way for us to know what is and isn't endgame?

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
I cheesed the bandits by getting them stuck, you can out damage their healing with early game stuff (strength potions are your friend.) Everything is endgame, except not really the middle earth stuff... Then again, I was already invincible when I started battling orcs, so I don't actually know how hard they are.

K

Kg83

Read your quest book. This quest requires you to follow along in CustomNPCs quests, and in HQM quests.
I have been following both quest lines but since i entered Hobbiton when i press L there is no quests. I followed the co ordinated to Bree hoping maybe more quests would open but there was no Prancing Pony just land no Buildings. I finally got the quests to sync but still no buildings in bree

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have to craft a JABBA barrel hammer for a quest, but it has the same recipe as LOTR battleaxe, so I can't make it?
Use a standard crafting table, there is a mod that lets you cycle through all the recipes if they are duplicates.
I have been playing this amazing mod pack today but i have ran into an issue. In the quest Proof when i try to access the bookshelf in the queens chamber it says "you do not own this block" so i am unable to complete the quest. I have looked through faq and other sources but nothing seems to be able to help me fix this issue. I hope you can help lol. Honestly best pack ive played in long time. Also struggling to find where i start in middle earth?
You do not actually look in the block, it is location based, so when in the right spot you get the item, but make sure you are following along with both the HQM and NPC logs to stay on track (so glad TC3 does not have this issue :p )
Is there a way to change boss HP regen? The ridiculous HP regen almost killed the mod for my group of friends until we found a quick fix. The troll regenning 10hp/s is a tad insane.

Edit: I know a way to do it manually, but I'm wondering if there's a way so the bosses spawn in like this. To anyone curious, this is the ghetto way to rig it: Go in creative mode and get an "NPC wand" item, right click the boss, go to stats, and change the regen values.
The troll is deliberately tough early on to force players to one, think about strategies for getting past (the bosses are definitely not straight forward hack n' slash) and same for the bandit for difficulty, try peeling them off one-by-one to take them on. Also, potions are king in this pack.
I have been following both quest lines but since i entered Hobbiton when i press L there is no quests. I followed the co ordinated to Bree hoping maybe more quests would open but there was no Prancing Pony just land no Buildings. I finally got the quests to sync but still no buildings in bree
If you have no quests in middle earth then you are not "supposed" to get there yet. There will be a quest which directs you to go through the portal. Back-track to make sure you have spoken to the NPC's in order to progress in the quests.

Reactions: blahthebiste
K

Kg83

Use a standard crafting table, there is a mod that lets you cycle through all the recipes if they are duplicates.

You do not actually look in the block, it is location based, so when in the right spot you get the item, but make sure you are following along with both the HQM and NPC logs to stay on track (so glad TC3 does not have this issue :p )

The troll is deliberately tough early on to force players to one, think about strategies for getting past (the bosses are definitely not straight forward hack n' slash) and same for the bandit for difficulty, try peeling them off one-by-one to take them on. Also, potions are king in this pack.

If you have no quests in middle earth then you are not "supposed" to get there yet. There will be a quest which directs you to go through the portal. Back-track to make sure you have spoken to the NPC's in order to progress in the quests.
Ive managed to sync everything and found where i was supposed to be :) My only problem now is when i teleport to Bree from stables i spawn underground and when i get out there is just a dirt cross road no prancing pony or buildings but in the quest book it says ive reached Ethan and to go to next place but the npc quest isnt regestering because theres no Ethan to talk to and no Prancing Pony lol. Ok so i read another post who had similar issue as me so i downloaded the direct link you sent them. Could you tell me what folder to save the map complete file into please and that should resolve my issue :) In my saves folder there is 3 files Map complete file then NEI and the third is World

Last edited:

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know about recipe cycling. I have another problem, its Ars Magica fault so I don't expect you to solve it, but if you already know a solution, feel free to share: I tried spawning the Winter Guardian, but he didn't spawn and instead my game crashes every time I open the world. I tried to turn on Forge's "delete erroring entities" setting, but that didn't fix it. Mithion is AWOL so I can't exactly get him to look at the crash logs. Most people in the past who had this problem either only crashed once, or fixed it with the "delete erroring entities" setting

EDIT: ignore me, might have fixed it, will update when I load in

EDIT^2: Nope, still broken. Some ticking entity in AM2 particle effect, presumably from the Winter Guardian's summoning particles. Basically, never summon the Winter Guardian, he'll freeze your game ;)

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ive managed to sync everything and found where i was supposed to be :) My only problem now is when i teleport to Bree from stables i spawn underground and when i get out there is just a dirt cross road no prancing pony or buildings but in the quest book it says ive reached Ethan and to go to next place but the npc quest isnt regestering because theres no Ethan to talk to and no Prancing Pony lol. Ok so i read another post who had similar issue as me so i downloaded the direct link you sent them. Could you tell me what folder to save the map complete file into please and that should resolve my issue :) In my saves folder there is 3 files Map complete file then NEI and the third is World
Just copy the world folder to your saves directory and overwrite what's there is the easiest way.