[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, trying to remember the quest, but you each should have been given the items from the queen, but you can always use custom npc's wand to open up the quest that awards it and make a copy

F

Foxxytails

Honestly, I think a zombie picked up the key and then got killed or despawned with it. lol. I've never heard of the custom npc's wand. Can you point me to a site to help me use it?

B

Brandie King

I recently downloaded Tolkiencraft II from the FTB launcher. Once I got through the first part of the quests, built my base and got through some of those quests - I was ready to go to Middle Earth. However, once there, I found that at least some of the towns are missing - have tried to visit both Hobbiton and Bree, only to find just regular terrain in their places. I even tried downloading and installing the content packs but that did not work either.

Can't continue playing the pack with this issue. Can someone tell me how to fix it?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Did you download the full map? Also, when you entered middle-earth, did you appear in a veranda of sorts? Nearly always this is from not downloading the full map.

L

loudwhitenoise

If you generated the world before installing the content pack, it may not be in your saved game. Copy the .../template/world/ into your .../saves/[savefile].

B

Brandie King

When I entered middle earth, I was definitely on a veranda of sorts. It had the Ring floating above it just like in the Ancient Temple. I ran around doing some of the mini quests for nearby hobbits, then went to the stables (which did actually spawn) and chose the Bree fast travel option. Ended up underground. Tried just simply walking to both Bree and Hobbiton and ran into the issue I described.

When I first started my world, I downloaded the Draconis map using the ingame download option. Once I realized some of the middle earth towns were missing I went and downloaded the content pack and put the files in "C:\ftb\TolkienCraftII\minecraft\saves\Brandie 1\MiddleEarth\region" where the rest of the files of the same type are located. Some of the files I copied and pasted were already in there but most weren't. It didn't make a difference though :(

Is there are different way I should install things?

L

LieutenantDL

My friend and i are trying to use creative mode in multiplayer. I am able to use it as the one who opened it to LAN, but she cannot. We just want to build cute villages and stuff. We also cannot create a middle earth world as both of us get instant crashes when trying to do so. But our main concern is getting into creative mode together.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When I entered middle earth, I was definitely on a veranda of sorts. It had the Ring floating above it just like in the Ancient Temple. I ran around doing some of the mini quests for nearby hobbits, then went to the stables (which did actually spawn) and chose the Bree fast travel option. Ended up underground. Tried just simply walking to both Bree and Hobbiton and ran into the issue I described.

When I first started my world, I downloaded the Draconis map using the ingame download option. Once I realized some of the middle earth towns were missing I went and downloaded the content pack and put the files in "C:\ftb\TolkienCraftII\minecraft\saves\Brandie 1\MiddleEarth\region" where the rest of the files of the same type are located. Some of the files I copied and pasted were already in there but most weren't. It didn't make a difference though :(

Is there are different way I should install things?
If the ring was floating where you entered, then you are not using the full content. The ring in the pregenned map is no where near your entry point. Try downloading the full map again and make sure the size is around 2-3GB
My friend and i are trying to use creative mode in multiplayer. I am able to use it as the one who opened it to LAN, but she cannot. We just want to build cute villages and stuff. We also cannot create a middle earth world as both of us get instant crashes when trying to do so. But our main concern is getting into creative mode together.
Creative is locked in LAN. You would need to be on a normal server to allow creative for all players on the server.

B

Brandie King

If the ring was floating where you entered, then you are not using the full content. The ring in the pregenned map is no where near your entry point. Try downloading the full map again and make sure the size is around 2-3GB

I downloaded the map from Curse (has a size of 2.19 GB) and the Middle Earth content packs (parts 1, 2, and 3) from Curse, then started a new world using those. The towns in Middle Earth are all still either completely gone or only partially there. Are there any other options for fixing this?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, if you downloaded from curse, that is the issue, there is a download map function in the main menu...that is the complete and final version of the map in it's entirety

B

Brandie King

The first time I played I downloaded the map using the download map function in the main menu and played through quests until hitting the ones where I needed to go to Middle Earth. When I got there the towns were missing - I went to Minis Tirith and several other "big name" locations and part or all of them were missing. That's when I tried downloading from locations other than the ingame download option. The Curse download was my second try at getting the locations in Middle Earth to spawn properly. :(

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The first time I played I downloaded the map using the download map function in the main menu and played through quests until hitting the ones where I needed to go to Middle Earth. When I got there the towns were missing - I went to Minis Tirith and several other "big name" locations and part or all of them were missing. That's when I tried downloading from locations other than the ingame download option. The Curse download was my second try at getting the locations in Middle Earth to spawn properly. :(
So I downloaded the map through the menu, everything appears fine when I go in so not sure what you have going on with the map right now. Can you show the point (in screenshot) where you spawn in from the overworld?

T

Tricky927

Hi Great, your modpack is Great. Draconis is really beautiful. I can not wait to start playing quest, buildings and everything he has to offer. I've seen in the Quest Book that you talk about some cities in Middle Earth. And when I pressed "N", Oh My God, it's the biggest map I've ever seen. I would like to explore it all, but is there somewhere a list of the towns that are in this big map? Example: I went to Hobbiton, and Minas Tirith, and look Great, but Isengard is not there. So, if I don't want to explore all the map, is there a way to know which towns are accessible and which ones are missing? Forgive some grammatical mistakes, I do not dominate the language.
PS: I downloaded only the map in the Main Menu.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
My github for the map will give you a general idea of all the places, however you will not always fing them at the points on the lotr mod map. best way is to use the fast travel to get around which will open up once you get further along in the main quest line.

Glad you are enjoying it! Wait until you play TC3 :D

T

Tricky927

You've right, after a careful research i found it (Isengard), but not from the map coordinates or questbook coordinates, just walking around. I think the towns are just a bit more moved from their real position. GitHub; I don't know how to use it, and it does not seems to be user-friendly >.< However, now that i'm sure that there are towns (just a little moved), i want to continue my adventure.
Where can I keep myself informed about Tolkiencraft III? I mean, beyond Youtube, do you show something in live? Cause i don't find videos on your Twitch channel.
Thanks for your help, i have not played hundreds of modpack, just 5 or 6. But your have that mix of adventure that i've always try to find.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I have posted a few tidbits of development on my youtube, also talk about it through twitter and my discord server.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm having an AMAZING time playing Tolkiencraft II! But I have a question; In Dragonburg there's a frog you have to kill. I've killed it tons of times but I don't get any notification about finishing the quest. As a matter of fact, after I got the key I didn't get any new quest. So I can go and kill him all I want but nothing happens. Is something supposed to happen? Some kind of quest resolution?
I also want to say that even though I'm not really a fan of blood magic I love the quest line. Really great work on this modpack man, I can tell that a LOT of time went into it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, thank you...ummm, let me think...the frog...do you have anything in the quest log ("L"). been so long since those quests were done I'd have to log in to my pack to check, which sadly would be much later as I am at work currently.

If you think TC2 is good, should try out TC3 :D though suggested complete the main questline first in TC2.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I have nothing in the quest log. But I've noticed that sometimes one section of a quest line will sometimes not be immediately followed by the next section until some action triggers it, like standing in a certain spot, picking up a certain item, or talking to a certain person.
I flew through place the frog was the first time around (thanks to a certain magical item I was given) and so I figured I didn't stand on the right spot or something. So I walked through again. Still nothing. Was something supposed to happen when you killed the frog? Some reward or something?

Also, there's at least three npc's from the Ancient Warfare mod in Dragonburg. One's name is Hercules... and he attacked me so I killed him. I blasted him with a spell and it was a one-hit-kill. Sooo... was he important? All three are hostile and will attack if you get close enough but they won't move from their spots.

Yeah, I saw you're working on the third one. I want to finish this one first. It may take me a while too. I haven't even finished building up my mage tower or exploring the Draconis world... much less even touched Middle Earth at all (except for the blood magic quest line.) If the next one is only as good as this one it'll still be awesome.

Edit: Correction... only Hercules was hostile. The friar and the bard are not.