[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

P

PCGaming247

Sweet I see there is a "III beta pack" but i don't see the lord of the rings mod updated yet? Also is there a way to get shaders mod to work in this, does Botania add shaders or something, I see it pulling strings from Open GL. and I get a crash every time, I add shaders. I know it ain't my rig, I got a 6700k running on evo 950 m.2's with 64gb of ddr4 at 3333hz, and 16gb running MC, and a gtx 1080. I did get optifine to work but had to remove fast craft. Any help would be great thanks.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to shaders you'll have to reach out to the dev for the particular shader. As for the lotr mod, not yet, but will integrate it if it evr does since this is going to be a completely custom map this round.

P

PCGaming247

Ok I think I may have figures it out. I first tried shaders with the default install of the modpack, and that has Fastcraft, which uses Fast Math, which will not work with shaders. I then switched to OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D6 and tryed that with the shaders and it didn't work. On both it crashed before title screen. Then I found a post on one of the forums about OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D6 not working with shaders and to use OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D4. Hope this helps others who may be having this problem.

PS:
Thanks for the quick responses, and can't wait to play the new pack, having that map is a real game changer, its great with a random gen but what really makes it amazing is all them mods and everything with that map, just mind blowing amazingness :).

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I think I may have figures it out. I first tried shaders with the default install of the modpack, and that has Fastcraft, which uses Fast Math, which will not work with shaders. I then switched to OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D6 and tryed that with the shaders and it didn't work. On both it crashed before title screen. Then I found a post on one of the forums about OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D6 not working with shaders and to use OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D4. Hope this helps others who may be having this problem.

PS:
Thanks for the quick responses, and can't wait to play the new pack, having that map is a real game changer, its great with a random gen but what really makes it amazing is all them mods and everything with that map, just mind blowing amazingness :).
Glad you found a solution and great you are enjoying this so much! The new map will have several new locations and cave systems built just for the questlines...standing at 75 POI and will have new dimensions JUST for player housing this time.

Reactions: Sungak
T

Tramfanthe

Randomthings? Or the one which has the ectoplasm in, i think it contains a storage thing key :p

Not only that, will the map have basements? Even though there was a sewer system in this one, there has to be atleast one secret basement in the map...or did i miss a secret basement in the other map? (excluding the castle)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Randomthings? Or the one which has the ectoplasm in, i think it contains a storage thing key :p

Not only that, will the map have basements? Even though there was a sewer system in this one, there has to be atleast one secret basement in the map...or did i miss a secret basement in the other map? (excluding the castle)
There are a few secret "basements" in tcII and TCIII will laso have such easter eggs :D

Side note: There has been apparently a fix for the player lag found. It is related to the CustomNPC player data stored in JSONS. If you find you are expeiencing lag when near other players, backup first, but delete the playerdata folder from customNPC's as that supposedly fixes the issue. Keep in mind this will also reset any and all progress in CustomNPC's.

P

PCGaming247

Only time I get a small amount of lag is at logon, do to AromaBackup running a backup. but I also removed fastcraft for optifine and have a very good pc. Wish optifine let others pack it with their modpacks, I think it is essential for all modpacks. Fast craft helps a bit but is not close to how many optimizations that optifine does, and fast craft by People developement Looks Dead on the forums, and we modpack developers have nothing else that really helps with the load of so many mods, and fpsplus is naw, I see no positive change when using it actualy some time it makes it worse.

But on a side note. Do you use the dimensional anchors in the starting town? Is that how you keep them all spawned. I think so and if so nice work. I've used them for farming, in stead of chicken chunks idk why I aint used them for custom npc areas.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, spawn stays loaded because I built it almost entirely within the spawn chunks of the map so did not need any additional help :D

T

Tramfanthe

But is there a way to get rid of the forge microblocks mod in t2? So i can get draconis and my other flat world back with the other blocks i used gone.

Reactions: PCGaming247
T

Tanda

For those who do not like the attack speed if you unpack LOTR mod you can change the weapons stats so it will be disabled. Or you can try to remove the attacktiming in the mod. Then repack it and shove it back in.

T

Tramfanthe

yeah, just disable the mod. that will force the map to remove all of the microblocks
I got that, but just so you know, the forge micro blocks is in chickencore/it isn't it's own mod (Or i cannot see it in the mods screen), meaning ihave to disable all of chickencore's mods as well as a few addons to them. I am doing that, and seeing if it works now with the crashes in both my worlds.

Result: Nope still can't get into my world because i get the same crash. (ticking memory connection)
I also just found this in my crash report too: UCHIJAAAA ForgeMicroblock{1.2.0.345} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.2.0.345-universal.jar)

X

XSIXSMITHX

Just downed the pack and waiting for the map to down load. But what i want to ask is,,,,,, I have a low end laptop with most 4GB RAM will my laptop be good enough to play the pack or am i more than likely going to experience lag?

X

XSIXSMITHX

Unfortunately you will probably experience lag, this pack is a bit heavy by 1.7.10 standards.

No problem thanks for replying I've watch people on YouTube play this pack and it looks awesome wish there were more like it

blahthebiste

Jul 29, 2019
So, I came back after trying to play this pack about a year ago. I re-downloaded the map so I would have a fresh start.
CustomNPC quests seems just as broken as before. If I go into my inventory, and click on the CNPC quest tab, it flashes "You do not have any active quests" and then instantly returns to the default inventory tab. I went to the water fountain, and listened to the dialogue that is supposed to give you your first CNPC quest. When I go into my inventory, same thing: "You do not have any active quests".
Apparently I am not the only person with this issue: http://imgur.com/r/feedthebeast/0sv9cBb
NOTE: opening the tab via the hotkey does appear to work.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The tab issue has been mentioned multiple times actually and it is not CNPC it is a flaw in minecraft code with those tabs. Using the hotkey has been the recommended method for opening the quests for quite some time now.

F

Foxxytails

My friend and I are working through the game together and we reached the Ghost Queen. She gave me the key and we worked throught the entire quest line to Reder and went back to the queen to hand in the staff, evil scheme, and the key and i got it but my friend did not and now can't finish this quest. If I had thought about it, I would have gone into cheat and duplicated it before I handed it in. Is there a code I can put in to spawn the key in for him? Please help.