[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

T

TheRoboMooshroom

Oh also I'm having a bug where I'll have two partial stacks of the same thing that won't combine like I've got a stack of 4 emeralds and a stack of 12 emeralds and the two stacks won't combine

T

TheRoboMooshroom

Also are the customNPCs your supposed to kill supposed to have such insane regen?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
First, points on the lotr map are not always where the builds are, why I created the fasty travel system, yes, the regen is intended, and the stack issue is a legacy problem from way back because the rewards in the book have NBT data preventing them from stacking.

L

loudwhitenoise

Two of the "job board - Hobbiton" quests in the HQM book are pointing way off into the middle of nowhere - like, 6km away. The quests in question are Lobelia Sackville-Baggins and the hide and seek child. I teleported there just in case but there's only ordinary worldgen stuff.

Ancient Warfare problem: I have a research table with research book in it, but when I open the window to start some of this research, it is empty. I have no previous researched and the book is assigned to me.
EDIT: After I loaded everything back up from my CTD, it was working normally. How odd.

Telling Minions to chop a witchwood tree gave me none of the drops. I don't know if I did something wrong; that mod always gives me trouble.

Also, I crashed the game by opening the Forge Lexicon but that happens in lots of modpacks so I wouldn't worry about it.

PS. Projectred has oregen set true on all its ores, since you are using cofh to handle oregen you might push a new config for projectred that disables gen for copper and tin so we just get the thermal foundation ones generating. No big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have all of the content packs for the pack? the coords for the quests are correct. Minions has always caused issues unfortunately and the dev has moved on to higher MC versions so like most of the mods in the pack it will most likely not get updated any further. I will look into an update for the configs, but really would prefer not to unless some of the other mods in the pack have updates.

Since I have begun work on TC3 I have been much more focused on getting that ready for everyone :D

L

loudwhitenoise

That was a really fast response!

I thought I did have all the content packs, but maybe I installed them wrong or got a corrupted download or something... I'll poke around with it later, and edit this post with the results.

Results: I installed the map pack wrong, oh well. At least now I can do the quests.

I did kind of figure support for older mods would be declining, but I still feel the need to dutifully report bugs, hehe.
The config issue really is minor, which is why I said NBD :p. Given how many mods are shoved in the pack, and the work you've already taken to get them to not fight, I think two stray mismatched ores isn't going to bother anyone (especially when there's not much to be done about the way Artifice gives out the wrong flavour of ores anyway).
A sequel already? I'm amazed. Well, maybe this one will have a castle with a less maze-like layout :p. I was actually planning to offer my interior decoration skills to some of the residents of Draconis to be something more than 'a room with a bed inside', but now I am wondering whether you will start everything over. I've included a picture of my renovation of Frank's room, just for the sake of it.
I always seem to stumble upon interesting things just as support for them is ending. I am, however, enjoying myself, so this isn't a loss or anything :D

Speaking of dutifully reporting bugs, I got confused about some missing research in the thaumonomicon (which later turned out to be a derp on my part, but that isn't the point). I figured it was one of them memorrhages that minecraft tends to get if I leave it alone, so I saved and quit and now my save got corrupted, as in CTD when opened... I pulled an older one from AromaBackup so it's only a small bit of progress lost, but here's the crashlog anyway.

I found another one: yknow how aura cascade book has quests that you can do to get bonus materials, well I have the materials that were given to me previously yet the quests are marked incomplete - letting me reap the rewards, eg 64 white aura crystals - a second time. I suspect either the backup process or that random mystcraft crash I had earlier.

The deep dark doesn't seem to be generating zinc - I saw no relevant configs in cofh either. (Am I just inattentive?) So I pulled up the flaxbeard config and changed two lines: S:"Extra dimensions to generate Zinc in, separate by ;"=-100 and B:"Generate Copper in the above extra dimensions"=false

Attachments

• crash-2017-01-10_22.29.39-server.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 2017-01-10_22.47.00.png
    2017-01-10_22.47.00.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
By all means report away :D at the very least it will be things to look for in the sequal. TC3 will be a continuation of the story in TC2 so will be worth it :D

Glad you are enjoying the pack btw :D don't feel bad. nearly 3 years and the pack is still going strong honestly.

Your decorating skills are definitely strong...might I consider tapping your expertise when the new map is at the stage to flesh out? Right now it is the boring place and terra form stage but it is very close to the point where decorating work will start.

L

loudwhitenoise

Today's report: Happily questing around the Shire. Extra content is working this time around so there is more stuff for me to see :D. Took the long walk between the quest destinations, both so I could look around and do some sidequests. There seems to be some chunks that used a different generation pattern and made cliffs and stuff (idk whats up with that), so I'll probably have to search back a few pages where that guy posted a region/coords converter, so I can copy over the right chunks from the template folder. But later, since I'm lazy and that sounds like work.

Back in the overworld, there may be a biome ID conflict. A small part of my 'seasonal forest' became a hell biome, 'undergarden'.
Speaking of ID conflicts, I don't think weakness is meant to cause blurred vision, which means those potion IDs might not be pinned down as well as you thought. Poison also has something weird going on that looks a LOT like thaumcraft's 'sun scorched'.

A few buildings (I found one in hobbiton area and two in wyvernhaven) were left in their 'unbuilt' stage, I don't know how else to describe it, but the screenshots should help 'cos I left the UI on so you can see the coords.

Re:decorating. I'm generally happy to help out, although fair warning I have left a trail of abandoned projects behind me. I've spent a long time playing games like the Sims where I try and make things look nice, and that tends to carry over. Oh man, flashbacks to playing Oblivion on the console and trying to decorate my home with them funky-dunky physics! Drop a pm to me on reddit (same username) when you need me, since I'm not a regular on this forum. Hmm, I seem to be rambling - oh well, it happens :p.

Attachments

• hell on overworld.png
    hell on overworld.png
    225 KB · Views: 42
  • chunk border 1.png
    chunk border 1.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 42
  • chunk border 2.png
    chunk border 2.png
    942.4 KB · Views: 49
  • chunk border 3.png
    chunk border 3.png
    736.7 KB · Views: 46
  • unbuilt 1.png
    unbuilt 1.png
    798.6 KB · Views: 47
  • unbuilt 2.png
    unbuilt 2.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 39

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So the chunk boarders not muc hI could do...since the pack was built over the course of more than 2 years it was inevitable, why on most of the built content there is a large "boarder" around them. Thos are on purpose, you can buy houses and live in them in those areas.

Potions are about as fixed as they can be because some of the ID's I can not change because mods don't provide a fix in the configs. The biome one is new, are you sure you are using the included configs? I ask because other than a few potion effects, the biomes and potions were one of the first things ironed out and biomes specifically have not had issues for quite some time now.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
A long awaited update! Progress on the map for TolkienCraft III is moving along and not too far from beta release. If you want to get an early look at it you can visit https://www.tolkiencraft.com/TolkienCraft/index.html which will be update as often as I can (the render of the map takes several hours due to the size of the world) and will include all the way points currently added (there are 62 locations at present in the map with a few more slated for inclusion) eventually. Hopefully you guys enjoy this google maps-based look into the new map :D

M

Martulka

Hi, I am playing Tolkiencraft 2 modpack with my husband. We got to quest to defeat Dark Shade. We killed him, but for him that quest just dissappeared. He cant speak to Adria as well.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am playing Tolkiencraft 2 modpack with my husband. We got to quest to defeat Dark Shade. We killed him, but for him that quest just dissappeared. He cant speak to Adria as well.
Yes, usually within about 10-20 minutes as long as the chunks are loaded it is in.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
A long awaited update! Progress on the map for TolkienCraft III is moving along and not too far from beta release. If you want to get an early look at it you can visit https://www.tolkiencraft.com/TolkienCraft/index.html which will be update as often as I can (the render of the map takes several hours due to the size of the world) and will include all the way points currently added (there are 62 locations at present in the map with a few more slated for inclusion) eventually. Hopefully you guys enjoy this google maps-based look into the new map :D

The map is coming along. Looking forward to the new pack GO, I am sure that it will be as good or better than TolkienCraft II

T

TheRoboMooshroom

Today's report: Happily questing around the Shire. Extra content is working this time around so there is more stuff for me to see :D. Took the long walk between the quest destinations, both so I could look around and do some sidequests. There seems to be some chunks that used a different generation pattern and made cliffs and stuff (idk whats up with that), so I'll probably have to search back a few pages where that guy posted a region/coords converter, so I can copy over the right chunks from the template folder. But later, since I'm lazy and that sounds like work.

Back in the overworld, there may be a biome ID conflict. A small part of my 'seasonal forest' became a hell biome, 'undergarden'.
Speaking of ID conflicts, I don't think weakness is meant to cause blurred vision, which means those potion IDs might not be pinned down as well as you thought. Poison also has something weird going on that looks a LOT like thaumcraft's 'sun scorched'.

A few buildings (I found one in hobbiton area and two in wyvernhaven) were left in their 'unbuilt' stage, I don't know how else to describe it, but the screenshots should help 'cos I left the UI on so you can see the coords.

Re:decorating. I'm generally happy to help out, although fair warning I have left a trail of abandoned projects behind me. I've spent a long time playing games like the Sims where I try and make things look nice, and that tends to carry over. Oh man, flashbacks to playing Oblivion on the console and trying to decorate my home with them funky-dunky physics! Drop a pm to me on reddit (same username) when you need me, since I'm not a regular on this forum. Hmm, I seem to be rambling - oh well, it happens :p.
I've also seen the chunk border thing. Specifically pic 2.

L

loudwhitenoise

I can't get the thaumaturge's backpack to work. I edited the MagicBees.cfg and it has 'add thaumcraft items to forestry backpacks' already set to true, so I added in a bunch of stuff to 'S:backpack.thaumaturge.additionalItems=' in the format it said to, and restarted my client, and it didn't work. I got no clue what's up with that. I wonder if instead of using the format listed in the config file I have to use the one that forestry uses? (That would sure be a pain in the behind - collecting all those item id's already took me a while). Anyway I doubt there's anything you can do about it but I'm still posting just incase anyone has a solution.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That would be something you would need to ask the mod devs about as they are the ones who coded that function in.

T

Tramfanthe

Account get!
Now to update whatever bugs i found previously and also now.
1. quest system is bugged, even on a non draconis map, acts the same way. (Not the quest book, the customnpcs one, assuming a new world is supposed to do that)
2. eating or getting hunger from mobs, not only affects your hunger, but affects your brightness. (it's lighter than night vision, and it feels like i'm recording with a bad recording software)

And now for the other new ones i managed to find.
1. Thermal expansion teleporters do not suck power from energy cells, except creative ones. (Note: this might be a bug with the mod itself, but i am putting it on here anyway.)
2. this one is really funny, but it does waste space if you don't use them. If you were to put a named custom potion (you can get those from rpgdungeons), into a potion generator, wht comes out is the names one, but it's enchanted for some reason. Not only that, but if you drink it, you get the same effects as like it was before you put it into the potion generator.

These are all the bugs so far, cannot find any more.
If i do find a new one, it'll be posted on here.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Account get!
Now to update whatever bugs i found previously and also now.
1. quest system is bugged, even on a non draconis map, acts the same way. (Not the quest book, the customnpcs one, assuming a new world is supposed to do that)
2. eating or getting hunger from mobs, not only affects your hunger, but affects your brightness. (it's lighter than night vision, and it feels like i'm recording with a bad recording software)

And now for the other new ones i managed to find.
1. Thermal expansion teleporters do not suck power from energy cells, except creative ones. (Note: this might be a bug with the mod itself, but i am putting it on here anyway.)
2. this one is really funny, but it does waste space if you don't use them. If you were to put a named custom potion (you can get those from rpgdungeons), into a potion generator, wht comes out is the names one, but it's enchanted for some reason. Not only that, but if you drink it, you get the same effects as like it was before you put it into the potion generator.

These are all the bugs so far, cannot find any more.
If i do find a new one, it'll be posted on here.
Not sure I understand the quest bug, the hunger effect is part of the potion issue that just did not want to be resolved, and trust me, spent many hours trying but some of the mods hard coded their potion ID's and the ASM that expands the potion ID range is not perfect as many mods still have a hard time seeing anything over the vanilla range.

TE would be mod related but I do not think they will update at this point to fix it and the potions are because of brewcraft which never 100% worked unfortunately.

Definitely appreciate the bug finding, and really hope you will be eager to help in that aspect with TC3 when it goes beta but with TC2 after nearly 3 years, and most mods moved to 1.10.x+ probably won't be able to fix most of the ones that are still there.

T

Tramfanthe

Well the quest thing might be fixed for me...or is it supposed to switch back to the inventory when clicking on the quest tab? (when there's no quests)

Update on the thermal expansion: I have never tested putting leadstone+ cells on top of the teleporters...that might work. But all the tutorials showing you how to do this, use creative cells, which actually work. You actually need to use generators, which is meh.

Also, wish there was a way to turn diamond swords/diamond armor (full durability) back into diamonds. (Or i could just use em for draconis, even though i seem to get 2 sets from bandit camps)
It's also a bummer that some of these mods have unfinished wikis, meaning i have to try it out myself to know it. Ah pity.

I don't think the TE teleporter is even on this site's wiki yet.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That is a known bug that will unfortunately never get fixed because of the way minecraft handles tabs in the inventory, I suggest using the bound key "L" to open your quests. Later versions of minecraft let you do that :D