[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a question. In single player, how can anyone retrieve a grave that actually spawned inside the antibuilder zone? Is it impossible, or is there a secret trick.
Might have corrupted my save, trying in creative different ideas on how to kill the troll and leaving him with only bits of hp and not killing him outright...

I'm hoping I didn't wreck my save, but it seems to be saying the client has sent too many requests. I'll try again tomorrow, and if its still showing that, I'll look for assistance.
Currently there is no way without removing the anti builder and unfortunately, no easy way to protect certain areas without the anti builder, part of the reason I left cheats enabled as of this version so worse case you can cheat the items you lost back in.

The error is because of how the anti builder polls when it needs to change something. Should be good once you log back in

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Currently there is no way without removing the anti builder and unfortunately, no easy way to protect certain areas without the anti builder, part of the reason I left cheats enabled as of this version so worse case you can cheat the items you lost back in.

The error is because of how the anti builder polls when it needs to change something. Should be good once you log back in
It isn't so easy, because you can't cheat in the backpacks you end up losing on occasion.

Edit: Same error, fatal error occurred. Something seems to happen when the gravestone spawned in tyltran's lair, and it is causing a fatal error. I... might've lost my save. Even with removing the gravestone mod. There is no crash report, so... Don't go messing around in creative in this map, apparently. -hiss-

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't so easy, because you can't cheat in the backpacks you end up losing on occasion.

Edit: Same error, fatal error occurred. Something seems to happen when the gravestone spawned in tyltran's lair, and it is causing a fatal error. I... might've lost my save. Even with removing the gravestone mod. There is no crash report, so... Don't go messing around in creative in this map, apparently. -hiss-
well, there are ways, if you are comfortable with nbt editing... :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, it's not about being in the open, but it really helps if you are familiar with nbt strings. The data for each backpack is saved as a dat file in the backpacks folder iirc, so it would be a matter of creating a new backpack and then copying the nbt data stored in the lost one to the new one.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, it's not about being in the open, but it really helps if you are familiar with nbt strings. The data for each backpack is saved as a dat file in the backpacks folder iirc, so it would be a matter of creating a new backpack and then copying the nbt data stored in the lost one to the new one.
Not terribly familiar, no. I might as well just make a new world and move my progress over. How do you move the Middle Earth data again? I will check the first post, I'd rather not have to sit and redo those quests.

Edit: I think I have basically screwed up and have to start over. I made a new world, moved over the files I needed to, and I still get the error. Pardon me while I walk over here and howl with rage. I might as well take my backpacks and jabba data and start from scratch.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Don't feel too bad, I will not mention how many times I had to start over on this pack in the beginning because of issues like that

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Don't feel too bad, I will not mention how many times I had to start over on this pack in the beginning because of issues like that
Energy bazooka for troll. -sigh- I'm ok. I'm fine. I'm easily frustrated, and I am trying to troubleshoot. I will just need to figure out how to move over my player data for lotr so I don't lose my faction.

Its single player, so I don't feel bad for fudging the first fight so I can get the ancient's tp, and I can come back and redo the fight for real. Yes, I can do that.

baaaah. I need coffee.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Energy bazooka for troll. -sigh- I'm ok. I'm fine. I'm easily frustrated, and I am trying to troubleshoot. I will just need to figure out how to move over my player data for lotr so I don't lose my faction.

Its single player, so I don't feel bad for fudging the first fight so I can get the ancient's tp, and I can come back and redo the fight for real. Yes, I can do that.

baaaah. I need coffee.
it recently changed, there should be a player data folder inside the middleearth folder with your info now

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
@ZephyrWindSpirit, did you try restoring your save from the backup folder? By default, it makes a backup every half hour.
Yes. I did. I can try again, but I have no idea how far back to go.
edit: I spent probably an hour in creative in tyltran's dungeon, and there was a gravestone that had spawned in the antibuilder zone.
I went back at least an hour since the crashes started, but it appears the save is really badly corrupt. -flails-

it recently changed, there should be a player data folder inside the middleearth folder with your info now
I see a data folder, but nothing with player data. Is it with beta 23 that we don't have yet?

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I did. I can try again, but I have no idea how far back to go.
edit: I spent probably an hour in creative in tyltran's dungeon, and there was a gravestone that had spawned in the antibuilder zone.
I went back at least an hour since the crashes started, but it appears the save is really badly corrupt. -flails-

I see a data folder, but nothing with player data. Is it with beta 23 that we don't have yet?
beta 22 is where he made the change. I am going to say at this point, the save is corrupt, you have no valid backups, you are going to have to start over.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
beta 22 is where he made the change. I am going to say at this point, the save is corrupt, you have no valid backups, you are going to have to start over.
-sigh- At this point, fine. -throws it all away and is very grumpy-
My apologies for being such a... irritated case. I'm sad, angry and really irritable over the fact of a corrupted save of something I've never heard of. Those antibuilders are evil things, but nothing we do or say can change your mind, so ignore me. -restarts and will be happy about it-
Also, thank you for responding. I tried everything I could think of.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
((I've restarted, and I will rp it out.))

Draconis. The world of Minecraftia. All so very different. Different from the cold, dark, realm of the End. Minecraftians roaming the earth, finding the lost strongholds eventually and coming to fight my master. Some people call her Gilda, others a nightmare. She is nothing though, to her cousin. The Chaos Guardian.

The End is cold. Full of obsidian and end stone. Of the shy, yet violent spawn of my master's egg fragments, the endermen. Either egg fragments, or the darkness of lost Minecraftians who lost to my master. If you fly out... there are comets of ores, and the Guardian's asteroid belt.

*I rub my face, feeling sick at the memory* I got cocky. I thought that the Chaos Guardian would be a cinch after besting my master, and the Three Crowned King. Besting the Gaia Guardian. Besting Death itself.

My ego had grown too big. Too magnetic. Too hungry for power.

The Chaos Guardian is not a dragon. He is a nightmare. He stripped me of my weapons, and... dropped me.

I fell down... down... down... I must have died, because I couldn't even feel the cold rush against my scale armor.

Next I remember, someone was shouting. Shouting in a foreign language. I lay on something hard, wet, and cold. It was... a bit splintery under my touch.
Couldn't move... couldn't think... could hardly feel the life pulse in my body. Something surrounded me... it was warm, like a blanket. The numbness faded, the aches, the gradual pain, all gone. I opened my eyes at last.
A small handful of women in pointed hats... and most grotesque faces... witches. They milled about, occasionally pausing to stare at me on the ground, 'hmm' and pop away. One witch, who appeared a bit... dare I say it, prettier then their fellow witches extended her hand to me. "Do not be afraid, we are not your enemy." she said. I didn't think about the consequences, but I took her hand.

Her name was Loleitha. She said she was the Grand Witch of Draconis. Her sisters had discovered me, and called her. To aid a fallen soul. I caught sight of myself in the mirror behind her.
My form has changed since my fall. I had a human face; green eyes and red hair, mostly clothed in cloth and leather. I wore a dragon's skin for my armor. "You would have died if you remained as you were. I performed a ritual of Binding to bind your soul to a human body." she told me. The shock of actually being alive, and being wherever I was, did not allow the change of form to really addle my thoughts. "I am not familiar with the runic anatomy of a dragon knight, so hopefully the ritual worked properly."
I found my voice. Its a croak. I tried to mimic her tongue and thank her. She smiles. "Do not worry child. You must tell me though. Where are you from. What caused you to come here?" It took a while to explain my alliance in the End. My failure to best the Chaos Guardian. I must've done the 'glowy eyes' trick, because she stepped away from me. "What a horrible way to end." she finally responds. "I cannot find words to express my sadness for you." I tried to implore her that she should not worry. That dragon knights rely on being adaptable.

"I must ask for your help. I know you are only hours in our world, but we are in desperate need." she explains to me that the king of Draconis has put out a call to arms for any able-bodied warrior to come to Draconis and save the kingdom. The kingdom is under constant threat of monsters and bandits. "There is great treasure in it for a worthy hero." I didn't answer her. Treasure is tempting, but I am no hero. "Please consider this request. Save Draconis. Save the world of Minecraftia." She tells me of a ship that can take me to Draconis, hands me a ticket, and leaves.

I am in debt to Loleitha, and knights do not remain in constant debt. Its a toll to the pride. I take my ticket and take Ahab's ship to Draconis. The dockworker throws me a bit, as he seems to hear everything that goes on. Gossip around the fountain tells me that Loleitha's tale is true, and that I'm not the only one who is here to see about this 'hero business'.
The king is a rather worried sort of human. He is pleased that I told him this kingdom is very nice, and asks for some random pieces of junk (to me) from the shopkeepers around the town. I mean, who wants a wooden sword that cannot cut, a bottle of air, and a belted book? He pays me nicely for it though. Not every day that a knight is paid with blocks of diamond and gold and coins.

I volunteer to take out some monsters around the area. I ended up coming here with nothing, and had to buy myself an iron broadsword. The lizardlike bombs called creepers don't seem to be able to climb ladders. They inhabit the sewers, but the ladder fighting technique I learned from avoiding endermen seemed to help me kill my quota. I have skeletons and zombies next, but I will need some armor. Dragon hide armor is tough, but arrows have always been my bane.

I will try to save Draconis. I will try to wrest my fallen pride by finally besting the Chaos Guardian in the end.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Ok....I am thoroughly impressed...Might I ask to include this on my main website? and if you have an account there, I can make it so you can continue to edit this...it...is...awesome
I am blushing red as a gysahl right now. I will go make an account right now so I can keep it up, and sure, you may use it on the main website.
I like to roleplay.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Have I mentioned Minecraftians do the strangest things?
If I didn't, they do. As I pass through the town, everyone has something to say. Guards, shopkeepers, even villagers. A few even throw random bits of merchandise at me.

Such as, I go to the inn to see about finding shelter for the night, and instead a BLT is thrown at me. It looks like a round food object. Can you eat this? Will it make me sick? The cook does not appear to hold ill will towards a traveler, but she complained about the royal family's eating habits. Strange topic.
Another random thing thrown at me. The Blacksmith threw an iron hatchet at me. And a helmet of iron. Seriously, a hatchet to throw at a traveler? I think I will take my business to the blacksmith out in the market if he keeps that up.
I might end up pushing their courier by the castle into that sewer hatch. He's rather... stamp happy. Throws letters and stamps at me every time I walk by. I do not know what to do with these stamps. I cannot fight with these. *I give Drakken a nice shove into the sewer hatch* Have fun with the creepers you pointed eared stamp thrower. *Drakken teleports right back up* What is this sorcery?! *After three more failed attempts to put Drakken in the sewers, I just chose to let him be*
I wandered into the little residential district near the castle. There is a strange man there, his name was Priest Danny. If you talk to him, he will give you a baby and tell you its name. *I hold the bundle up to the light, and it wails loudly* No you stupid man, I do not want to be a parent, take it back! Take it back! *In the end, the baby is on my back and will end up learning to be a dragon knight at one point or another*

All these very unusual citizens, and all these random objects I keep acquiring. I only have so much pocket space. No one seems to mind my appearance. I should get back to the matter at hand, slaying monsters. I do not want to be weighed down by all these objects, so I have no choice but to use more of my silver to rent bank vaults. So many unusual bits and pieces. I might look at that ruined tower on the hill to find my monsters. Light it up, just in case I must go get more monsters slain. Hm...

Is it unusual to be able to transform in this world? I slew a squid in hopes of my dinner for the night, and next I know, I can jump in the water and become a squid. I can see underwater and swim much faster as a squid, but I cannot go on land without resuming this bound human form. I also seem to be able to become a creeper. Nothing very interesting about that.