[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very, very sorry if this was asked before... but 175 pages of posts, nu-huh I ain't going through that.

I notice that there are 2 quests systems - the Quest Book and the Quest tab from the Inventory... Actually, when I go in Inventory (E), there are 2 "Crafting" tabs and I can't access the "Quest" tab ; it simply flashes "You have no active quests" and goes back to the "Diamond Armor" tab, where some of the trinkets go...

Essentially, there are 5 tabs, 1 is a duplicate and one is inacessible (but I know I have a quest there, the king gave me one!).

Any way to fix this?
Yup been answered, "L" for customNPC quests

Reactions: eDilettante

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around in the pack today and I had one of those ruined homes behind my base area. Decided to fix it up a lil bit but try to stay to the shape of it for the most part. Gonna use it for my witchery area. :) Here's what I did. I'm actually proud of myself cuz making things "pretty" just isn't something I do, but "someone" has inspired me to try lately. haha :p Gonna put some lamps and stuff around it so there's no torches too. :)

Attachments

• 2015-04-06_12.06.28.png
    2015-04-06_12.06.28.png
    948.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 2015-04-06_12.07.02.png
    2015-04-06_12.07.02.png
    672.8 KB · Views: 62

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Playing around in the pack today and I had one of those ruined homes behind my base area. Decided to fix it up a lil bit but try to stay to the shape of it for the most part. Gonna use it for my witchery area. :) Here's what I did. I'm actually proud of myself cuz making things "pretty" just isn't something I do, but "someone" has inspired me to try lately. haha :p Gonna put some lamps and stuff around it so there's no torches too. :)
not bad, looking really good!

Schmeegee

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with Tyltran's room and my gravestone. I was killed and my gravestone is unbreakable. Is there any way to recover my items without using creative and trying to remember what I had? ( I had a lot of stuff)

Reactions: GreatOrator

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, there is a bug with the Investigation quest. Reder isn't attackable and he doesn't attack either. It's like he's not there but he is.

shadow999999

Jul 29, 2019
I found a problem with one of the main quests, Lucien(the apothecary & artificer) bugs out to the point where she does not exist as an entity yet is still visible. I managed to fix this by waiting till it was night, where she was finally an entity again but not an assigned npc,... so i had to kill her. She respawned back in her bed and is now fixed, so just as a heads up to anyone that runs into that problem make sure you take some wood or some blocks and cover up the stair well and door so you can kill her for her to respwan.
Edit: however she is interactable now, i still cant press the 'what's for sale?' button without the thing immediately closing....
edit 2:waiting till sun rise made her work again...during that time i had a nice trip at the tavern unexpectedly.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with Tyltran's room and my gravestone. I was killed and my gravestone is unbreakable. Is there any way to recover my items without using creative and trying to remember what I had? ( I had a lot of stuff)
Not easily, you could go into lan mode to recover it, but the issue is the antibuilders, surprising they even allowed the grave to be built.

Hey GO, there is a bug with the Investigation quest. Reder isn't attackable and he doesn't attack either. It's like he's not there but he is.
If your faction is wrong, that can happen. Go talk to the dockworker and he can fix it for you.

TheAlphaPony

Jul 29, 2019
My problem isn't inside the modpack itself, but when trying to load it through FTB Launcher Minecraft pops up, but just stays on a white screen. It was working fine before, but then i downloaded the BDcraft Resource Pack and It doesn't make any progress from this white screen. Normally it stays on a black screen for a few seconds, then the Mojang page for a while (My computer's just slow like that) and then onto the main page. But now it just stays on the white screen. It NEVER comes off it. Seriously. I kept it on overnight and still nothing.
I hope this is enough information :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
My problem isn't inside the modpack itself, but when trying to load it through FTB Launcher Minecraft pops up, but just stays on a white screen. It was working fine before, but then i downloaded the BDcraft Resource Pack and It doesn't make any progress from this white screen. Normally it stays on a black screen for a few seconds, then the Mojang page for a while (My computer's just slow like that) and then onto the main page. But now it just stays on the white screen. It NEVER comes off it. Seriously. I kept it on overnight and still nothing.
I hope this is enough information :)
Try loading without the texture pack (you can simply rename or remove the texture zip to force this in minecraft). What you describe is cause typically by memory (not enough) but the system is not recognizing this and gets stuck in an infinite loop of loading.

Reactions: eDilettante

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
When I play I usually like to play with the keep inventory on death mode activated, but it seems I can no longer do that, cause when I go to LAN world, it says "nothing to see here... This gui has not been altered in any way. If you were expecting other buttons here you must have imagined them" which is cute, and whatever, if I have to play like that I'll play like that (although I will really really miss the map teleportation). So a question, if I die in a place with the anti builders, am I SOL with my items or is there a way I can recover them?

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I feel like looking for almost 3 hours for 1 hobbit is long enough before asking for help. lol I need to find Bilbo and he's not at his house. I've searched the woods around it and even further out in a circle with no luck. If anyone has found him, can you tell me the basic area you did? Or was this part of the NPC quest taken out for now? I need to give him something. :p

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When I play I usually like to play with the keep inventory on death mode activated, but it seems I can no longer do that, cause when I go to LAN world, it says "nothing to see here... This gui has not been altered in any way. If you were expecting other buttons here you must have imagined them" which is cute, and whatever, if I have to play like that I'll play like that (although I will really really miss the map teleportation). So a question, if I die in a place with the anti builders, am I SOL with my items or is there a way I can recover them?
Well gravestones I believe overrides the keep inventory (I'll look into it) and yeah, new feature added to tolkientweaks to attempt to keep players from creative (would be cheating after all) however, can consider leaving commands enabled in the next update if it is a major issue.
Ok, I feel like looking for almost 3 hours for 1 hobbit is long enough before asking for help. lol I need to find Bilbo and he's not at his house. I've searched the woods around it and even further out in a circle with no luck. If anyone has found him, can you tell me the basic area you did? Or was this part of the NPC quest taken out for now? I need to give him something. :p
Sometimes the npc's disappear, don't know why, and the only real easy way to fix is to replace the region files with either a backup if you have it, or from the zip file from curse.

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes the npc's disappear, don't know why, and the only real easy way to fix is to replace the region files with either a backup if you have it, or from the zip file from curse.

Ok, I have an old back up, been needing to redo it but keep forgetting it but I downloaded the curse one again. Attempting to replace the region folder from the Middle Earth folder(s). Is this the one you meant or the main one? If you mean the main one, I may wait til the next big map update as I don't want to lose my base (unless that won't happen?). This part of the game I am very noobish at as I've never had to play around with this stuff before. lol

Edit: Ok, even after doing that, I still don't see him anywhere. I'm gonna do some npc quests over here for now until I hear back from you. :)

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I have an old back up, been needing to redo it but keep forgetting it but I downloaded the curse one again. Attempting to replace the region folder from the Middle Earth folder(s). Is this the one you meant or the main one? If you mean the main one, I may wait til the next big map update as I don't want to lose my base (unless that won't happen?). This part of the game I am very noobish at as I've never had to play around with this stuff before. lol

Edit: Ok, even after doing that, I still don't see him anywhere. I'm gonna do some npc quests over here for now until I hear back from you. :)
Would actually have to be the main region files, not any of the subfolders. As long as your base is over 1000 blocks from spawn for the most part should be no issues overwriting. just back up in case.

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Would actually have to be the main region files, not any of the subfolders. As long as your base is over 1000 blocks from spawn for the most part should be no issues overwriting. just back up in case.

Ok, replaced the main region folder in the template folder and still no Bilbo that I can find. I am really starting to feel stupid with this. lol His door was still left open too from when I opened it before. :/

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Short of connecting to your computer, I am at a loss as well. Downloaded the map this morning to make sure and sure enough he is there (though on his way to the garden)

Reactions: BvB1979

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
I won't mind you doing that if you need to, to see what's going on. Inbox me the information you would need? :) I did download the map fresh today so that's the one I used as well. Really not sure what's going on. :(