[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
'L' key brings up World Edit Reference.
solved... control conflict. Also, the new map download DID NOT overwrite the previous map. Still no farmer and minor changes I made (murder holes in the graveyard) are still there. Do I need to physically open the draconis zip myself and replace the files?

X

xiaoxiaoz

Why are there so many gravestones in the village?
Can I destroy them?
just in case you know...
they bear some significance

Attachments

• 2016-02-28_19.41.13.png
    2016-02-28_19.41.13.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 94
L

LockedTruth

I'm having trouble finding the Staff of Fire.
I went to the location on the atlas from the portal in WyvernHaven and dug straight up and also down into the lava, but didn't have any luck.
Could someone help me with a hint or a set of coords?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble finding the Staff of Fire.
I went to the location on the atlas from the portal in WyvernHaven and dug straight up and also down into the lava, but didn't have any luck.
Could someone help me with a hint or a set of coords?
Did you spawn on/in a tower from that portal in Wyvernhaven? Go to the top. Do some poking around.

B

Brandie King

Just downloaded the update and newest maps, and started a new world as suggested. There aren't monsters spawning at all. Checked the graveyard in Draconis and no skeletons or zombies spawning there,went outside of town and no monsters spawning out there either. Also checked the nearby Rogue Dungeon and the spawners in there aren't producing monsters.

Is there something I can do to correct this?

Last edited:
B

Brandie King

Make sure you are not in peaceful mode

I've checked and it shows as being in Survival mode. Tried deleting the world and creating a new one, verified it's in Survival mode, and the same thing is happening.

Edit: Am starting to think my entire installation may be corrupted. Tried to play my existing world, which I played in last night without problems. Monsters are all of a sudden not spawning in the existing (not updated) world either.

Last edited:
B

Brandie King

Here is my log file. I have no idea what I'm looking at. :(

Attachments

• log.txt
    2 MB · Views: 117

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Go into your world save and remove the ruins.txt and try, only thing I can see unusual was right as the system shut down there were a ton of errors about the ruins that have been generated previously.

B

Brandie King

Go into your world save and remove the ruins.txt and try, only thing I can see unusual was right as the system shut down there were a ton of errors about the ruins that have been generated previously.

Thank you for taking a look! I tried deleting that file but mobs still aren't spawning. It's not just the rogue dungeons that are the problem. After updating the pack this morning mobs will not spawn anywhere at all. Updating the pack is the only change I've made.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Does it take a special sword to kill Tyltran? How are you supposed to get to him? I had to tunnel through a wall to get to the antechamber to his room and then couldn't get in the carpenter's door to kill him. The door and walls were warded. I tried to go up a floor and through his ceiling. I worked down from the ceiling and blocked him into a corner away from the door. I had a gap under the barricade where I could stand without getting hit but when I hit him with my sword there was no damage and he apparently didn't even notice me. And then I had to load in a backup to get out of the room because I couldn't place any blocks to make stairs or pillar up. What am I doing wrong? I don't remember it being so difficult to kill him when I played last time.

One other thing: Can you use spawners to make a mob trap in the Shire? I collected one spawner each of zombies, skeletons, spiders, and endermen.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
1. https://github.com/GreatOrator/TolkienCraftII/wiki/FAQ
2. Potions, potions, potions (I and many others have beaten him with only the diamond armor and the tinkers iron sword leveled up a couple times)
3. Yes, this question has been asked or mentioned many many times :p
4. If you are on the quest to kill him, talk to elmn at the docks
5. there is a reason the area is warded, you are supposed to drop down the shaft and land in the pool and yes if you are not prepared you may lose everything, that was intended

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry. I didn't even think to search the forum... mostly because I was able to kill him last time by flooding his room with streams of water to push him back, building tall fences with no bottom and smacking the crap out of his legs.