[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Feffers

Jul 29, 2019
I'll start out by saying I've been having a lot of fun with this pack. Great job!

I can't progress in the story line and I'm trying to figure out what I may have skipped accidentally or missed somehow. Ethan in Bree won't talk to me/give me a quest. I'm thinking I missed an "L" menu quest somewhere to go to Bree. I see from GreatOrator's video that it's a Mage Council quest that sends you to discover fast traveling, but I cannot figure out for the life of me the questing path to that. Any ideas on what I missed so I can get back on track? Thanks!

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'll start out by saying I've been having a lot of fun with this pack. Great job!

I can't progress in the story line and I'm trying to figure out what I may have skipped accidentally or missed somehow. Ethan in Bree won't talk to me/give me a quest. I'm thinking I missed an "L" menu quest somewhere to go to Bree. I see from GreatOrator's video that it's a Mage Council quest that sends you to discover fast traveling, but I cannot figure out for the life of me the questing path to that. Any ideas on what I missed so I can get back on track? Thanks!
Ok. Custom NPC wise, where are you? Have you defeated the 3 main bosses? Have you talked to Chald? He sends you a letter, and will chuck a piece of paper at you. Council summons, take that to the mage council. Speak to Malus. Talk to witch, troll, and reder in that order. Go back to Malus and talk to him. he will send you to middle earth. Then, go take fast travel to bree and talk to ethan.

Reactions: GreatOrator
X

xiaoxiaoz

So well, I have been playing for some time.
I commend this pack for it's diverse elements.
But I have met with some questions to ask
Of course, if I didn't why would I be here?

Well from a quoting a previous post, is Ylander taking a vacation? I can't find hin at all.
Jax Quest III, talking to Ahab shows the chat screen, but with only red words to close it and he shooes me off
No quest progression at all.
But yeah
Also unlimited food at bakery and running through the farm :3

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So well, I have been playing for some time.
I commend this pack for it's diverse elements.
But I have met with some questions to ask
Of course, if I didn't why would I be here?

Well from a quoting a previous post, is Ylander taking a vacation? I can't find hin at all.
Jax Quest III, talking to Ahab shows the chat screen, but with only red words to close it and he shooes me off
No quest progression at all.
But yeah
Also unlimited food at bakery and running through the farm :3
Appears to be, and will be checking/fixing the map download if so but using the clone tool from creative can replace him (why nearly every npc is included for that purpose).

Check the text of the quest, if i remember correctly you need to speak to elmn first then ahab, though there is sometimes an issue with the location block which can be resolved by going about 32 blocks away from the ship then going back.

yup, pleasant side effect of using the anitbuilders. Enjoy the food bonanza while in town :) and the farm was also done on purpose.

Overall you should see that the pack was setup to make the early start relatively pain-less and to help set you up for success when you got to the point of being teleported away from town to start your base.

X

xiaoxiaoz

What level can you find zinc?
I found some in the sewers, by the sewer opening closest to the bank.
Maybe you can gauge a number from there?
Overall you should see that the pack was setup to make the early start relatively pain-less and to help set you up for success when you got to the point of being teleported away from town to start your base.
Wait.
You're not supposed to build out of town?
I built random structure because inventory

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
1) You have to reach at least 500 faction by either following the main quest line or doing the daily quests from the job board
I decided to do without the horse and raise chocobos instead.

And to anybody who hasn't figured it out, make sure you have some kind of roof over your ender-lilies... rain destroys them. I found out the hard way.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
it was in the text but i responded to so many requests that I can't remember what to get for each hobbit. the answers they give are extremely unhelpful.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned before, you can not use vanilla tools.

v2.8.8 Update should be available shortly!
So much the update!

• Core Mods Updated
    • BrandonsCore
    • MrTJPCore
  • Mods Updated
    • Agricraft
    • Ars Magica 2
    • Botania (wait...whaaaaa?)
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Lord of the Rings
    • Project:Red
    • Refined Relocation
    • Tinkers Construct
  • Mods Removed
    • Aquatic Abyss (stupid fishes crashing games, how dare you!)
  • Configs Updated
    • Botania (turning off decay)
  • Other Changes
    • Fixed Ylander (no more vacations for you!)
    • Corrected the farm so things actually get picked up again
    • Fixed the music not playing finally!
    • Tweaked music, hopefully will make the experience better for everyone.
    • Updated wanted posters in WyvernHaven (dang minecraft mechanics removing them)
    • Various other minor tweaks

Chamassa

Jul 29, 2019
Happens duringg the loading of the map:

[22:17:07] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0

[..] lots of skipping butterflyfish and fish

[22:17:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinGenerator:<init>:53]: Ruins attempted to load invalid worldname Draconis posfile
[22:17:08] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.ChunkLoggerData:func_76184_a:24]: Ruins chunks logged: 22777
[22:17:08] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 50%
[22:17:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Skipping Entity with id aquaticabyss.butterflyfish
[22:17:08] [Server thread/WARN]: Skipping Entity with id aquaticabyss.fish
[22:17:08] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Checking on it now, give me about an hour and if I can replicate I will push another map update

Uploading fix now, should see the notice when you start up TCII, if not simply go into the download page to get it

Last edited: